ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers 2024 Schedule

There’s no easy sure wins but all of them are winnable. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Maryland with their senior QB were not competitive or winnable.
Did you even watch Rutgers this season?

Being within a single score of Michigan and PSU in the 3rd quarter wasn’t competitive or winnable?

Having a late third quarter lead on OSU with first and ten from their 25 wasn’t competitive or winnable?

Have to beat Maryland. We have lost 5 out of 7 to them.
And no more Tualia at QB. Although he is applying for a 7th year waiver.
Maryland will be a tough game on the road.
Maryland new QB looks really good against Auburn right now.

2024 Rutgers Football
Aug. 31: Howard. W
Sept. 7: Akron. W
Sept. 21: at Virginia Tech. Toss Up
Sept. 28: Washington*. L
Oct. 5: at Nebraska*. W
Oct. 12: Wisconsin*. L
Oct. 19: UCLA*. L
Oct. 26: at USC*. L
Nov. 9: Minnesota*. W
Nov. 16: at Maryland*. Toss Up
Nov. 23: Illinois*. W
Nov. 30: at Michigan State*. L
* - Big Ten

Do we get to six wins or better in 2024?
The second year of a Rhule led team and you have a road win at Nebraska? LOL!!

2024 Rutgers Football
Aug. 31: Howard. W
Sept. 7: Akron. W
Sept. 21: at Virginia Tech. W
Sept. 28: Washington*. L
Oct. 5: at Nebraska*. W
Oct. 12: Wisconsin*. W
Oct. 19: UCLA*. W
Oct. 26: at USC*. L
Nov. 9: Minnesota*. W
Nov. 16: at Maryland*. W
Nov. 23: Illinois*. W
Nov. 30: at Michigan State*. W

10-2
Let the nay-sayers mock this, but they can't prove I'm wrong
They proved themselves wrong all of 2023 doubting Rutgers would have a winning season, then went out like losers, in 2023, acting like Rutgers didn't deserve winning the Pinstripe
silhouette-close-hand-holding-believe-260nw-419070562.jpg

12203313.jpg

GCeFqdgXIAA8OgG

Reactions: thegock
They will be playing a freshman QB.
Isn't that a 5-star QB and like the #1 freshman QB in the country? He will also have 5 games under his belt, including two B1G games, before he plays us at home. I could see maybe if this was a home game for us, but in Lincoln, unlikely.

Isn't that a 5-star QB and like the #1 freshman QB in the country? He will also have 5 games under his belt, including two B1G games, before he plays us at home. I could see maybe if this was a home game for us, but in Lincoln, unlikely.
Well, I was going to have it as a toss up. It’s not an easy schedule next year. We will get better next year with better receivers and hopefully an improved QB.

Way too early ranking of games - hardest to easiest. I think RU has a good chance to have better record next year (at least 7 regular season wins + bowl win). Thankfully, we don't have OSU Michigan or the Cult on the schedule.

Washington
at USC
at Maryland
Wisconsin
at Virginia Tech
UCLA
at Nebraska
at Michigan State
Minnesota
Illinois
Akron
Howard

Reactions: thegock and satnom
Well, I was going to have it as a toss up. It’s not an easy schedule next year. We will get better next year with better receivers and hopefully an improved QB.
I think we have a much better chance to beat UCLA at home than Nebraska on the road. Depending how they start the season, by the time they get to us they might be clamoring to fire Kelly, they could be a mess, just waiting to be beat. So, I would switch those two, that's all.

Way too early ranking of games - hardest to easiest. I think RU has a good chance to have better record next year (at least 7 regular season wins + bowl win). Thankfully, we don't have OSU Michigan or the Cult on the schedule.

Washington
at USC
at Maryland
Wisconsin
at Virginia Tech
UCLA
at Nebraska
at Michigan State
Minnesota
Illinois
Akron
Howard
The bottom 5 should be easy wins. I think the middle 4 : We get 2 wins minimum: Wisconsin/VT/UCLA/Nebraska.

Wow - no four team, B1G boss, Death Valley blocks or community colleges ( Wagner).
Big improvement

9 wins is the goal but 8 should be the floor and realistic with an upset
I think you are unintentionally setting up Greg for failure, IMHO if he gets 6 wins out of that schedule he should be in the running for conference COY. I don't know any B1G team that wins 8 or 9 games without a legit B1G QB. At some point teams are going to sell out to stop the run and you will need your QB to win some games with his arm to get to 8 or 9 wins.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I think you are unintentionally setting up Greg for failure, IMHO if he gets 6 wins out of that schedule he should be in the running for conference COY. I don't know any B1G team that wins 8 or 9 games without a legit B1G QB. At some point teams are going to sell out to stop the run and you will need your QB to win some games with his arm to get to 8 or 9 wins.
I am assuming, as I've said already, we get another qb as there is no way Greg goes into next year with another Gav.

we absolutely should have 8 as the floor

our team is NOT bad, they are good

Reactions: JCin128
9 wins is the goal ?? What did you watch this season?
7 would be good
yup with 8 being the floor. our team is good, return all our key players and believe Greg gets' us a qb. 6-6 would be a step back, 8 wins is the floor and achievable

yup with 8 being the floor. our team is good, return all our key players and believe Greg gets' us a qb. 6-6 would be a step back, 8 wins is the floor and achievable
You are in other threads saying the quarterback stinks …how the hell do you then get off saying the floor is 8 wins ?
If you’re gonna troll or have an outlook, that is fine . But be consistent

You are in other threads saying the quarterback stinks …how the hell do you then get off saying the floor is 8 wins ?
If you’re gonna troll or have an outlook, that is fine . But be consistent
you need to continue to read further as I've addressed this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT