ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Block in Long Branch

Jm0513

All American
Aug 16, 2018
Attention carnivores- The Butcher’s Block restaurant in Long Branch….
Why is the vegetarian asking??.. Well, it’s for a friend and they have salad/pizza options for me. Lol
Has anyone been either prior to them being closed the last year or since they opened last week?
The reno looks amazing.. thank you to anyone who can give feedback. (And pretty PLEASE keep the owner’s political views out of it… I just want to know if it’s worth the trip, I’m not sitting with the guy.)

Attention carnivores- The Butcher’s Block restaurant in Long Branch….
Why is the vegetarian asking??.. Well, it’s for a friend and they have salad/pizza options for me. Lol
Has anyone been either prior to them being closed the last year or since they opened last week?
The reno looks amazing.. thank you to anyone who can give feedback. (And pretty PLEASE keep the owner’s political views out of it… I just want to know if it’s worth the trip, I’m not sitting with the guy.)
Reviews are strong, but heard it is extremely difficult to get a reservation. Maybe that has improved.

Reactions: Jm0513
Haven't been there myself yet, but everyone I know that has been there has loved it.

It was not anywhere near as good as I had hoped, and it's very expensive. I was really waiting for the Steakhoseu bacon and they had run out, so the meal got off to a bad start. We had a table of 6 and for BYOB it was still around $1,000 I think after tip. My friend ordered the bone marrow, raved about it, and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever partaken in. Maybe 2 ounces of actual edible parts on the plate.

Best bet to get a reservation is to make it when you're leaving, as they'll make it for 6+ weeks out if I recall if you're in person.

Ahhhhh LB…my old childhood stomping grounds…I hear it is very hoity-toity now…

Place is good but can see why people say it is overhyped. I’m hearing they are going to become a private pseudo-members only establishment. Limited public reservations.

I tried it a while ago, that place fvcking blows. With the anticipation of Glory's in Jackson closing, I asked their butcher for a new location to get Prime Rib cuts. He recommended the Butcher's Block. The prices are crazy, I said to them, I didn't ask for 6 pounds of gold rather Prime Rib. He was not amused and neither was I. I can't even imagine what a fvcking meal costs in there.

Last edited:
Place looks like a hangout for the Jersey Shore cast and owner seems like a loser based on his social media lol.

No thanks.

My wife and I have been there a bunch. While it is extremely expensive, the food is great. A lot of people say the place sucks mostly because it is near impossible to get in. I'm lucky enough to be friendly with staff there and haven't had an issue, but I have a bunch of friends who haven't been able to get in at all. They say they take reservations, but they probably only make a few tables open. 98% of the diners are friends/family. Not the best way to run a restaurant, but so far it's not hurting them. Once they open up outdoor dining in the summer, there will be a few more tables available to reservation. Long story short, the place is great thought will cost you your first born.

My wife and I have been there a bunch. While it is extremely expensive, the food is great. A lot of people say the place sucks mostly because it is near impossible to get in. I'm lucky enough to be friendly with staff there and haven't had an issue, but I have a bunch of friends who haven't been able to get in at all. They say they take reservations, but they probably only make a few tables open. 98% of the diners are friends/family. Not the best way to run a restaurant, but so far it's not hurting them. Once they open up outdoor dining in the summer, there will be a few more tables available to reservation. Long story short, the place is great thought will cost you your first born.
Luckily I would only get the mouth watering cauliflower and sweet potatoes I see on their social media, so my first born is safe. hahaha
Question and this is very important and also odd… is there a view of any dead animals hanging I’d be able to see? I usually would never go to an establishment like this but I’m making an exception this one time. Lol

TBB & Gabriellas in Middletown excel! They excel at attracting the SI/Brooklyn transplant scene that has overrun the Marlboro/Manalpan area. If you love Cuzin's in Manalapan, youre gonna love dis joint. get da galamad

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Luckily I would only get the mouth watering cauliflower and sweet potatoes I see on their social media, so my first born is safe. hahaha
Question and this is very important and also odd… is there a view of any dead animals hanging I’d be able to see? I usually would never go to an establishment like this but I’m making an exception this one time. Lol
You can see lots of meat in freezers. Funny story. My wife and her friend got locked in that place after they closed (no one checked to see if anyone was in the bathroom and I was too drunk to notice the place shut down while outside drinking wine). Anyways my wife says it was pitch black and all she sees is meat hanging on hooks. Haha. Good times.

• Wow
TBB & Gabriellas in Middletown excel! They excel at attracting the SI/Brooklyn transplant scene that has overrun the Marlboro/Manalpan area. If you love Cuzin's in Manalapan, youre gonna love dis joint. get da galamad
One of our former season ticket group members lives in Manalapan. He always said, I moved from Staten Island to get away from it and half of Staten Island followed me.

I tried it a while ago, that place fvcking blows. With the anticipation of Glory's in Jackson closing, I asked their butcher for a new location to get Prime Rib cuts. He recommended the Butcher's Block. The prices are crazy, I said to them, I didn't ask for 6 pounds of gold rather Prime Rib. He was not amused and neither was I. I can't even imagine what a fvcking meal costs in there.
I am so glad there will be another Wawa replacing Glory’s. Hopefully, there will be a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, pizza parlor, nail salon, and karate place next to it.

Those transplants pronounce it manna - lappin .
Was sitting on the beach in point about 10 years ago and a loud obnoxious group parades onto the beach. “Down for a soccer tournament” I ask where they are from? From 30 minutes west a town called Mana-lappin probably never heard of it . I laughed out loud and said yea never heard of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT