ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The GOAT is Banned

As he should be!

Joey Chestnut, perennial winner of the annual July 4th Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Competition, is out of this year’s beef barf over a deal he made to represent a different wiener brand, The Post has learned.

And not just any brand, but Impossible Foods, which recently launched a vegan frankfurter impostor made from plants.

I would never eat vegan hot dogs but has anyone had a Nathan's lately? They are garbage anymore. $5.99 for a plain hot dog... yes a plain hot dog at their original spot in Coney Island. Was there Memorial Day Saturday. I passed as I had one April. Never again.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Sad day for America. The greatest American athlete is now a traitor. How could he sell his soul for chemical based foods.

Well at least it will be a real competition this year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It'
Good day for Joey's bathroom plumbing!!!
True. Also, it's not like he actually eats them. He performs the "reversal of fortune" after the event is over.

This is like finding out my favorite rock star sold out to corporate America back in the day. Since they all do it now, Joey no different.

This is like the Grinch stealing Christmas. Why on Earth would he do the Impossible Brands endorsement? I have tried the burgers, not horrible, but not great. I'd be interested to see how long people last during a competition trying to scarf down Impossible Brands stuff.

It'

True. Also, it's not like he actually eats them. He performs the "reversal of fortune" after the event is over.

This is like finding out my favorite rock star sold out to corporate America back in the day. Since they all do it now, Joey no different.
That's funny and true! Now, many of the artists have sold their catalogs for $$$$$ to publishing companies. As a result, we have Chris Young's "Young Love and Saturday Nights" written to David Bowie's "Rebel, Rebel." Bowie didn't even listen to country music!

Reactions: Section124
It'

I'm guessing he is ready to call it a career soon. Get all the endorsement he can and pass the torch to the next guy. Puking so much isn't good for your system. Acid from you stomach is not designed to come out your throat.
He is loved in Philadelphia as he won the Wing Bowl 3 straight years.

Has anyone been to the Nathan's Contest. I've never been but the space is tiny. I doubt they are able to fit a more then 200/300 people there

I'm guessing he is ready to call it a career soon. Get all the endorsement he can and pass the torch to the next guy. Puking so much isn't good for your system. Acid from you stomach is not designed to come out your throat.
He is loved in Philadelphia as he won the Wing Bowl 3 straight years.

Has anyone been to the Nathan's Contest. I've never been but the space is tiny. I doubt they are able to fit a more then 200/300 people there
We went one year back in the late 80's. As you said it's a small area and we never got close to the stage. Never went back for the contest.

Outside of the contest been there a few times but haven't been in over 20 years.

Sad day for America. The greatest American athlete is now a traitor. How could he sell his soul for chemical based foods.

Well at least it will be a real competition this year.
One day he will learn:

giphy.gif

I would never eat vegan hot dogs but has anyone had a Nathan's lately? They are garbage anymore. $5.99 for a plain hot dog... yes a plain hot dog at their original spot in Coney Island. Was there Memorial Day Saturday. I passed as I had one April. Never again.
How much are they at SHI ?

I meant hot dogs generally. I bet the crap SHI dogs cost more than the higher quality and tastier Nathan’s fast food variety.
Nathan's isn't higher quality any longer and are approaching disgusting.

The MLE (Major League Eating) Commissioner is now saying Chestnut is not banned. They are trying to work things out, maybe not this year but in the future.

I assume the big issue is that he would not want to wear the Nathan's shirt during the competition...and would have to wear an Impossible logo.

I thought the main issue was the he was promoting some barf tasting alternative.

Joey Chestnut vs. Takeru Kobayashi Hot Dog Eating Contest announced for Netflix on September 2nd.
I was just reading that Kobayashi is retired and has health issues. He said he cant get full when eating and sometimes goes days without eating. I guess $$$$ talks

Reactions: MADHAT1
I was just reading that Kobayashi is retired and has health issues. He said he cant get full when eating and sometimes goes days without eating. I guess $$$$ talks
Of course he has issues. First you puke intentionally a lot and your stomach acid is destroying your esophagus which has multiple issues of great concern. Plus you are expanding a stomach that isn't prepared for that.
Things people will do for money.

Last edited:
Contest on for Joey
Just not the usual one
Chestnut vs. Kobayash on Netflix
Guess Takeru's retirement put on hold and bet big money is involved

edit: seems strange that right after the ban, this match was set.

Could be Joey had other plans anyway

Last edited:

Just ask Mike Tyson.

This is like the Grinch stealing Christmas. Why on Earth would he do the Impossible Brands endorsement? I have tried the burgers, not horrible, but not great. I'd be interested to see how long people last during a competition trying to scarf down Impossible Brands stuff.
Just think of how valuable this was to Impossible Brands. He could do TV ads for them now off this added fame. It was reported EVERYWHERE! Impossible will get more PR out of this AND during the Nathans contest.. than Nathans.

Hope he got paid for what this is worth. If so, he'll never have to "compete" again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT