ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Hoosier Gym

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Great movie. I was thinking the court would be too narrow for a HS 3 point line, but the article confirms it was widened for more modern times. I would also like to see a game at Butler’s Hinckle Field House where the movie’s state championship scene was filmed. Good stuff.

PS - gym for rent at $100 an hour … let‘s get the RU Club of Indiana to host a pep rally there when we stomp the candy stripped leggers next year!!!

Reactions: Scangg
Knightstown Gym is awesome, and check out the high school gym nearby at New Castle.

ranked #2 atmosphere in the state

Reactions: TC4THREE
Great movie. I was thinking the court would be too narrow for a HS 3 point line, but the article confirms it was widened for more modern times. I would also like to see a game at Butler’s Hinckle Field House where the movie’s state championship scene was filmed. Good stuff.

PS - gym for rent at $100 an hour … let‘s get the RU Club of Indiana to host a pep rally there when we stomp the candy stripped leggers next year!!!
the NIT semis and finals are there this year. Maybe if RU is in it...

Reactions: darkcheck
Dozens of high school teams play there every year. Many from out of state. It's a cool visit if you're a basketball fan and in the area. It really is a good representation of what high school basketball was in Indiana 50 years ago. There was a gym like that in most every small town in the state.

Knightstown Gym is awesome, and check out the high school gym nearby at New Castle.

ranked #2 atmosphere in the state
Mason Gillis played at New Castle

Despite the lack of love here for Indiana hoops, you can’t not like this article.

When I was coaching the night before Opening Day every year I'd have the team get together for pizza and to watch the movie.

Reactions: darkcheck
My daughter lives in Lexington which is about three hours away but I just might need to take a ride up there when I'm back this summer. Would love to see the place.

Great movie

Didn’t understand why jimmy decided to play and for coach only .

Because he was watching Coach Dale work with the team and realized unlike the dads in town who were coaching before, Dale knew what he was doing. He also respected that Dale didn’t chase him to play.

Such a great movie.

Great scene is when Hackman is measuring the rim and floor before the state final to make his point. Really a great life lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT