ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Name of the Washington Football Team Is...the Washington Football Team. For 2020

They would just get hosed by the officials

How about the Washington Deceivers?

foQ.gif

MO

Reactions: MADHAT1
Generals or Warriors get my vote,
Fine with Warriors too.

Can still keep the color scheme or maybe go the throwback route and use the colors and style when this helmet was worn...

NFL_Redskins_OLD2.gif

Sonny Jurgensen era:

0d39fae3-b1db-41f7-b30d-95f18566bfc2_1.8711bfce0297ec8312d6753537bc0640.jpeg

Darrell Green “throwback”:

216776-004-B8ED7649.jpg

Reactions: buffalochicken21
Reactions: Greg2020
Dear white people, stop telling Native Americans whether we're offended by the Washington Redskins
My tribe doesn’t identify as 'redskins' – this is a derogatory term coined by colonialists often historically used interchangeably with 'savages'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/washington-redskins-name-controversy-native-americans-racism-white-people-a9058881.html?amp
Dear RU-Choppin-Ohio, stop posting one SJW's opinion as if they speak for all people of a similar skin shade.

BTW.. who, exactly, is "white people"? No one actually has white skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie_B
Dear white people, stop telling Native Americans whether we're offended by the Washington Redskins
My tribe doesn’t identify as 'redskins' – this is a derogatory term coined by colonialists often historically used interchangeably with 'savages'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/washington-redskins-name-controversy-native-americans-racism-white-people-a9058881.html?amp
Yeah that is the point which people don't seem to get. If you call me a nasty name, you don't get to decide whether or not it is derogatory. I do.

You, of course, get to decide whether or not you give a flying fvck. Nothing I can do about that.

The NFL, the sponsors of the Washington franchise, and now finally the franchise itself has decided that it does give a flying fvck.

Here's a basic lesson....if you call someone Redskins, you don't decide if it offends them....they do.
So if one person is offended.. that's enough? If the majority are not offended.. that means nothing?

That idea offends me... as does the cancel culture, the outrage mongers, everyone looking to be offended at everything to further their political goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC-88
So if one person is offended.. that's enough? If the majority are not offended.. that means nothing?

That idea offends me.

One person? That's your takeaway? The example was obvious about a group of people.

You need a history lesson about the origin of and use of derogatory terms in the good ol USA, GoodOl. They are not Terms of Endearment.

One person? That's your takeaway? The example was obvious about a group of people.

You need a history lesson about the origin of and use of derogatory terms in the good ol USA, GoodOl. They are not Terms of Endearment.
Your example was one person.. "someone".. follow your own argument.

"Here's a basic lesson....if you call someone Redskins, you don't decide if it offends them....they do."​

Some have said at some point the Cowboys will be on that list too.

Texas Rangers as well. It gets ridiculous. Funniest thing on this incident is that The Washington Post's own biased survey said large majority of American Indians were perfectly fine with the Redskins name. Be careful what you wish for. All vestiges of the American Indian may be erased. That would be kinda sad.

Reactions: Captain Hogleg
Texas Rangers as well. It gets ridiculous. Funniest thing on this incident is that The Washington Post's own biased survey said large majority of American Indians were perfectly fine with the Redskins name. Be careful what you wish for. All vestiges of the American Indian may be erased. That would be kinda sad.
I am on board with saying buh bye to the Redskin name and the Chief Wahoo image for the Cleveland Indians. Surprised either lasted as long as they did.

That being said I don’t see or understand the need to remake or remove any connection to Native Americans. For example, the actual design on the helmet was done by a Native American artist, so who is saying he is wrong? Are they “bad” now?

That’s why I thought using the name “Windtalkers” would be great...you HONOR the Native American and again say thank you for what they did for the Country when called upon.

I wonder how much $$$$ was spent in Marketing studies and surveys, to come up with "WFT??!"

Contrary to polls showing that relatively few Native Americans take offense at the Washington Redskins’ name, a new UC Berkeley study has found that at least half of more than 1,000 Native Americans surveyed are offended by the football team’s 87-year-old moniker and Native mascots in general.

The results are particularly timely in the face of Native American protests against caricatures of their culture, including the tomahawk chop — performed by fans of the Kansas City Chiefs, who won Sunday’s Super Bowl — and other sports teams with Native American monikers.

The study’s findings, published in the journal of Social Psychological and Personality Science, show that the degree to which those surveyed identified as Native American influenced how offensive they found Native mascots.

Of those polled for the study, 57% who strongly identify with being Native American and 67% of those who frequently engage in tribal cultural practices were found to be deeply insulted by caricatures of Native American culture.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/

Reactions: Greg2020
Contrary to polls showing that relatively few Native Americans take offense at the Washington Redskins’ name, a new UC Berkeley study has found that at least half of more than 1,000 Native Americans surveyed are offended by the football team’s 87-year-old moniker and Native mascots in general.

The results are particularly timely in the face of Native American protests against caricatures of their culture, including the tomahawk chop — performed by fans of the Kansas City Chiefs, who won Sunday’s Super Bowl — and other sports teams with Native American monikers.

The study’s findings, published in the journal of Social Psychological and Personality Science, show that the degree to which those surveyed identified as Native American influenced how offensive they found Native mascots.

Of those polled for the study, 57% who strongly identify with being Native American and 67% of those who frequently engage in tribal cultural practices were found to be deeply insulted by caricatures of Native American culture.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/
The Cleveland Indian one I got ya.

Some of the others I don’t get.

However, 100% of the same people polled were TRULY offended by the product on the field during the last 25 years. (Which is something everyone could agree on)

However, 100% of the same people polled were TRULY offended by the product on the field during the last 25 years. (Which is something everyone could agree on)

Well, not quite 25 years. They won their third of three Super Bowls in 1991. Was it 87 when they won their second? Was in Okinawa visiting our site some weeks after the Super Bowl and the Navy Captain who was the site commander was from Northern Virginia and a huge fan of the Washington Team Formerly Known as the Slur We No Longer Use. Had a pennant in his office. He had a friend tape the Super Bowl for him, and send it via a ship headed for Okie. Meanwhile, he scrupulously avoided anything that would let him know how the game came out. And he asked his officers not to tell him the score or talk about the game if he was in the area. The tape arrived after two days and he watched it as if it were live. He related the story with considerable enthusiasm. Wonder how he feels about the name change? Hail to the Washington Football Club. Hail vic-to-ry. Etc.

The “scrubbing” part is hilarious.

I was not a fan of Red Wolves at first but after seeing the some of the uniform concepts...basically the Redskins with a wolf on the helmet instead of the Native American, not bad. Not bad at all.

But IMO I’d rather we honor the Native American contribution instead of hide/get rid of it and go with Windtalkers to honor the Navajo Code Talkers from WWII.

Love the alliteration too...Washington Windtalkers. It flows.
I like it...

What's left to be adjusted until we have successfully purged Native Americans from our products to an acceptable degree?

That’s why I thought using the name “Windtalkers” would be great...you HONOR the Native American and again say thank you for what they did for the Country when called upon.

The offended by the everything folks will scream cultural appropriation.

The offended by the everything folks will scream cultural appropriation.
And that’s where we got ‘em.

You don’t like Windtalkers? Then you don’t like America and/or certain real Americans who answered the bell when their Country needed them most.

Whose the racist now, hmmm?

And that’s where we got ‘em.

You don’t like Windtalkers? Then you don’t like America and/or certain real Americans who answered the bell when their Country needed them most.

Whose the racist now, hmmm?

Hahahahaha

Their country needed them and what was their reward when they returned? Treated like 4th class citizens by the other Real Americans....you know which ones.

Maybe their reward was using an offensive term for a football team.

Last edited:

Sure.. NEW surveys might show that. The activists have been pushing and poking and prodding for that result for a long time now. They tell the target population that they should be upset at the establishment in order to tear down the establishment. They want angry insulted people everywhere. That is the activists path to power. How else would they get attention and power?

Just look at how the Geroge Floyd murder has been used to justify white radicals attacking federal courthouses. They are literally rebelling against the government while tearing down statues of those who rebelled against the government.

Hahahahaha

Their country needed them and what was their reward when they returned? Treated like 4th class citizens by the other Real Americans....you know which ones.

Maybe their reward was using an offensive term for a football team.
And we got one. :ThumbsUp:USA: :America: :AmericanFlag:

200.gif

LOL

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT