ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Oscars are tonight.

Probably because its mostly a bunch of rich arrogant pricks patting themselves on the back and this year trying to announce their political viewpoints to the world.

Could you imagine if they had a televised award show for hedge fund owners/traders? People would lose their shit.
the president of the united states literally fits this description .......

I guess I wasn't the only one:

Oscars ratings lowest in 9 years

After Sunday night’s series of unfortunate events — which included the spectacular reading of the wrong winner for Best Picture and the photo of a living producer shown in the In Memorium reel — ratings for the annual ceremony tumbled to their lowest in years.

The 89th Academy Awards delivered a 32.9 million viewers and a 9.1 rating among adults 18-49, down 13 percent in the demo from last year. That’s the weakest Oscars performance in nine years.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/27/oscar-ratings-4/amp/

Reactions: RUbacker
You're bad at math.

% of money from this spoiled rich entertainers, hardly anything goes to charity compared to the %capita from reg folks like us.
so then why don't you criticize donald he's not a regular folk and barely donates to charity, you hang on every word. One George Clooney fundraiser gets more money than you'll see in your life.

Good show last night. Kimmel had some good bits and kept it going. The problem with the show is that it has too many minor awards, which, while the folks are worthy, are not of much interest to the viewing audience.

I thought the knocks on The Donald were pretty much in good taste and not over the top. And in general, not as preachy as I thought it might be. Great bit when they brought the folks in from the tour bus.

It was also good to see crazy old Mel Gibson back in the house. He is one seriously weird dude with regard to religion and politics, but I have really liked most of his movies.

Hollywood's great and the movies are great. Many bad ones for sure, but no better way to spend an evening than seeing a good flick. Unless, of course, the All Blacks are playing. Moms Skillethead and I have taken to watching French films with subtitles. Recommendations welcome.

still not convinced that it wasn't a set up. There is no such thing as bad press. No one would be talking about a boring Oscars with mediocre movies and actors/actresses. Now they are and Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are more popular than they have been in the last 25 years.
I agree. I don't watch the Oscars, just not a big fan of made up awards for playing make believe. I don't like the made up Espy's either. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this on purpose.

What really was in the envelope:

16939693_1085615138210231_2645803839487538288_n.jpg

still not convinced that it wasn't a set up. There is no such thing as bad press. No one would be talking about a boring Oscars with mediocre movies and actors/actresses. Now they are and Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are more popular than they have been in the last 25 years.

The Oscar people should be touting the thrills of live TV today, and giving people more reasons to watch these circus shows. Just a few weeks ago Adele was buggered up during her George Michael tribute. In the same show the Metallica player got skunked by a mic. Of course you had Mariah Carey scorching what was left of her career on New Year's Eve with her earpiece. If producers wanted to make their live shows more of a draw they could hardly do better than all these "can't miss" flubs. BTW I thought the "La La Land" people were great about the flub

On another note - cant help mention that after the diversity mafia pushed and threatened to get more awards they get an all-black Best Picture AA for a film about - drug dealers, crime and sketchy sex - how new and refreshing. When I read Moonlight had a scene of teen boys having a wank with each other I knew film was a AA lock with the Hollywood crowd. No way a movie about a congressional medal winner could keep-up with that

great to see the viewership numbers were way down..love when billionaire people living in a walled community tell me what my political views should be..

Reactions: goru1869
Never forget when Martin Sheen was out advocating for the homeless (hey whatever happened to that?) someone asked him if he had some room in his home to house some of them his response was something like ---I have room in my heart. Hypocrites

Reactions: bac2therac
I agree. I don't watch the Oscars, just not a big fan of made up awards for playing make believe. I don't like the made up Espy's either. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this on purpose.

Great point!!!! Next year they hope more viewers would tune in to see if there will be another train wreck.
It is kind of hard to believe that they could actually give Beatty the wrong envelope.

p.s. The ESPYS could be the single most stupid thing that God has allowed on this earth.

.........besides maybe my grammar.

what's a drug attic? is that someone who lives in the attic and does drugs? Trump was a reality star last year lol..... so if Chris Rock decides to run, guess he won't be a stupid celebrity anymore lmfao. Ronald reagan was an actor too... you repubs can't even spell, or have any quality thoughts.
Lol. Focus on spell check. Trump is a business man trying to help our country . I never said an actor can't transition over to politics and try to help our country. Heck Reagan was the greatest president in the modern era . But to hear all those actors and their BS at every event is getting tired.

Reactions: goru1869
Clooney the clown ? Lol. His acting is bad and he should stfu about political stuff. No one wants to hear from that pompous ass.
Lol. Focus on spell check. Trump is a business man trying to help our country . I never said an actor can't transition over to politics and try to help our country. Heck Reagan was the greatest president in the modern era . But to hear all those actors and their BS at every event is getting tired.
so don't watch. you need a safe space?

Reactions: RU_Planning
Never forget when Martin Sheen was out advocating for the homeless (hey whatever happened to that?) someone asked him if he had some room in his home to house some of them his response was something like ---I have room in my heart. Hypocrites

I'm sorry, you're not getting away with the further bastardization of the term "hypocrite." Advocating for the homeless and inviting them to spend their life in your pad don't have to be one and the same.

Maybe he is a hypocrite, but not for the reason you're suggesting. You're better than that false equivalence.

Reactions: RU_Planning
so don't watch. you need a safe space?

Also Reagan built his philosophy as a result of his meetings with ordinary Americans. It's acknowledged that his speaking tours while he worked for GE and went to factories and assembly lines to hear the common man's opinions and thoughts were the basis of a lot of Reagan's beliefs.
The modern Hollywood left is insulated in a bubble and all they hear is like minded voices.Clooney, Baldwin and anyone else who wants to run for office IMO would be a surefire loser unless they were candidates in NY or CA or other dark blue states.

I'm sorry, you're not getting away with the further bastardization of the term "hypocrite." Advocating for the homeless and inviting them to spend their life in your pad don't have to be one and the same.

Maybe he is a hypocrite, but not for the reason you're suggesting. You're better than that false equivalence.

I see your point. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Delete the word hypocrite from the previous post.
But be on guard Fan. I'll be watching to see if you use that word in the future and in what context!:boxing:

I see your point. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Delete the word hypocrite from the previous post.
But be on guard Fan. I'll be watching to see if you use that word in the future and in what context!:boxing:

Lol, I am happy to be held to the same standard. I will follow your lead in admitting any misuse or abuse graciously, when called out.

Reactions: colbert17
Lol, I am happy to be held to the same standard. I will follow your lead in admitting any misuse or abuse graciously, when called out.

I would enjoy this board so much more if people would admit mistakes when they make them. Many posters have the habit of when you call them out on something they just don't respond.

Reactions: FanuSanu52
Also Reagan built his philosophy as a result of his meetings with ordinary Americans. It's acknowledged that his speaking tours while he worked for GE and went to factories and assembly lines to hear the common man's opinions and thoughts were the basis of a lot of Reagan's beliefs.
The modern Hollywood left is insulated in a bubble and all they hear is like minded voices.Clooney, Baldwin and anyone else who wants to run for office IMO would be a surefire loser unless they were candidates in NY or CA or other dark blue states.
and that's what everyone said about trump too and he lost both of those states funnyyyyy

Was such a fun thread until it got hijacked into a Trump thing. Guess it has run its course. Time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT