ADVERTISEMENT

OT: TS Zeta

TS Zeta soon to be Hurricane Zeta
How many times can LA get one thrown at them. I know its early and can go east but dannnn
Honestly if you choose to live in the southern states bordering the gulf you evidently don’t care about hurricanes... if you live in the Midwest you choose to live with cold ,blizzards and tornadoes... if you live along the eastern seaboard you have a mixture of all... the western states have their 🔥 Santa Ana winds and seasonal mudslides...Earthquakes are a daily ritual... most people stay and rebuild their lives.

California is in the crosshairs of the man or women ( politically correct) upstairs for good reason, I can only imagine how the moving businesses are doing out there.

You needed to make this political? Shame.

Gulf coast area states (FL, AL, MS, La, Tx) are very low lying Elevation wise, with lots of water (lakes, ponds, rivers, swamps, bayous) etc. located near the Gulf. Just look at Cameron and Lake Charles, La on the map and ask yourself why anyone would choose to live in that area. Once a TS or hurricane enters the GOM it is destined to hit land and those coastal areas are not prepared to take it on, and never will be prepared. AFAIK this is the way it’s always been in that area. Nothing new here. And New Orleans is still at high risk imo after visiting there recently.

Global climate change isn't political.

Just some trivia for WhichReligionIsRight... there was a famous sci fi movie Rhodan made back in late 50’s... the funny part is when the Japanese scientists proclaim that Rhodan is part of global warming... maybe that is where Al Gore and the village idiots came up with this stupidity...

Reactions: goru1869

It ain't global climate change and it is most certainly political.

The irony is many experts believe we are getting more hurricanes and tropical storms because the air is cleaner and hence warmer and thus develop more storms. The ultimate irony!!!!

Reactions: goru1869
what do they call the next storm if there is another?

answer: eta.. I forgot.. zeta is not at the end of the greek alphabet... shame on me,, it goes alpha to omega.. duh

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789
Climate change isn’t political. The only people who make it so are extremists on the far right of the US political system. The US and global populations as well as scientists agree.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
No, we just have the same thread over and over again.😉
Kind of, lol. What I find fascinating is a certain mod's near instant response in combining threads that have the same topic, with the later thread always being moved under the original thread...except when the original thread is mine. He didn't do it on Friday, when a 2nd gameday weather thread was started 5 days after mine was started and he hasn't done it with this thread. As I've said many times, I love talking about the weather and have zero issue if there are 2 or 3 weather threads, but that's not how it usually works around here.

Kind of, lol. What I find fascinating is a certain mod's near instant response in combining threads that have the same topic, with the later thread always being moved under the original thread...except when the original thread is mine. He didn't do it on Friday, when a 2nd gameday weather thread was started 5 days after mine was started and he hasn't done it with this thread. As I've said many times, I love talking about the weather and have zero issue if there are 2 or 3 weather threads, but that's not how it usually works around here.
I am letting you have your fun since we don't have to worry about a gameday forecast as fans so much this year. :)

But IMO if something like this has to potential to head OUR way I would hope you would start a storm specific thread for that particular event. A lot of us rely on you for that. 👍

As to the bolded.... do your own "****OFFICIAL**** Game day weather thread" as most of us only look at your stuff anyway as your the guy.

Reactions: RU848789
I am letting you have your fun since we don't have to worry about a gameday forecast as fans so much this year. :)

But IMO if something like this has to potential to head OUR way I would hope you would start a storm specific thread for that particular event. A lot of us rely on you for that. 👍

As to the bolded.... do your own "****OFFICIAL**** Game day weather thread" as most of us only look at your stuff anyway as your the guy.
Agreed.. sort of.. I know seeing a weather thread.. as it might affect THE GAME... would be welcome. I still do not know what teams, even ours, might be adversely affected by any weather events.. but it is good to note. Looking at the schedule.. and even assuming no snow to New Jersey before DEC 12.. last game.. we do play at Purdue Nov 28.. that could be a possible snow game... other than that I think we're talking just temperatures... but that Zeta will end up somewhere... cold rain is no one's friend.

If you ain't a hurricane you ain't nothing. Really don't care how hard a TS blows.

Thanks and no worries - if there were a major impact storm coming, I'd start a thread. The remnants of Zeta do not qualify, IMO. And my intention is to start gameday weather threads a week before each game, as usual - to me a week is reasonable, as that's how far out the NWS forecasts go and I still think they're the best for local weather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT