ADVERTISEMENT

OT: University butchers graduate names (not Rutgers)

At law school graduation in Camden, the registrar traditionally calls students to check on pronunciations. One student she called said, "Oh, thank you! That is the first time in my entire law school career that anyone asked me how my name is pronounced!"

Thomas Jefferson University isn't the only institution of higher learning mangling student characteristics.

According to scarletknights.com, the mouthpiece of Rutgers sports, Omoruyi is pronounced oh-mo-ROO-yee. Another page on same website instructs the world to pronounce the same name O-MOR-EE.

Not only do identical names have different pronunciations at Rutgers, identical players have different heights. Basketball player Zach Hayn's media guide bio lists him at both 5' 10" and 6'2".

Looking forward to learning the academic credentials of the TJU commencement announcer, who cannot pronounce the word Thomas.

At Rutgers, they have one dean get the pronunciation from the student and then they pass the pronunciation to the dean reading names

Reactions: Fat Koko
On my daughter’s virtual graduation video from RU Business in 2020, they misspelled the name of the program on every Business Analytics and Info Tech student major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT