ADVERTISEMENT

OT we have a lot of OT topics on the board.

funny, we can have 20 OT topics including Lawn Care..stupid other topics,but post a news flash about another RU SPORT,it gets quickly moved and tucked away off this board. no cooking tips today? this OT STUFF IS NOT NEEDED IF ITS NOT RU RELATED.CARRY ONWARDS!

Where is RUChip? If I posted a post like this he would post an entire paragraph about how I was a troll.
I want to participate and that is why I read and post on this board. I am not a troll.

Source: And it's about nothing?

Fzacsattac: Absolutely nothing.

Source: So you're saying, I go on scarletnation.com and start a thread about nothing.

Fzacsattac: We go onto scarletnation.com.

Source: "We"? Since when are you a writer?

Fzacsattac: (Scoffs) Writer. We're talking about a blog site.

Source: You want to post with me on scarletnation.com?

Fzacsattac: Yeah. I think we really got something here.

Source: What do we got?

Fzacsattac: A thread.

Source: What thread?

Fzacsattac: A thread for the blog.

Source: I still don't know what the thread is.

Fzacsattac: It's about nothing.

Source: Right.

Fzacsattac: Everybody's blogging something, we'll blog nothing.

Source: So, we go onto scarletnation.com, we tell them we've got an idea for a thread about nothing.

Fzacsattac: Exactly.

Source: They say, "What's your thread about?" I say, "Nothing."

Fzacsattac: There you go.

(A moment passes)

Source: (Nodding) I think you may have something there.
Worth clicking on the thread just for this post.

seinfeld.gif

It used to be OTs werent allowed. Now we have everything from lawn care to load bearing walls(my fav) and divorce lawyers. It has to be quite impressive to recruits and their families.......
Can't tell if serious, since OTs were all we had when we really sucked and were in a much crappier conference...

usually all the racist and homophobic rants are grouped together on the current events board, so it is easy to avoid ... but they do seem to be taking over the football board now
You see that's the interesting thing...

The proliferation of OT threads on political topics are fed by those afraid to venture to the CE Board because they cannot exercise their mind and defend their narrow opinions.

Can't tell if serious, since OTs were all we had when we really sucked and were in a much crappier conference...
I am VERY serious....because I gave the link to a football player from Lake Mary Fla and both he and his parents laughed when they read it..."THIS is your football board?" was the nicest thing they said....

For awhile(and i go back to when the word EXIT was in the name) OTs were frowned upon...now they are condoned.....looks pretty silly to football people....esp recruits. I dont see it on other websites

That said,,,I just read for info.......some of the OTs are hilarious.....

I am VERY serious....because I gave the link to a football player from Lake Mary Fla and both he and his parents laughed when they read it..."THIS is your football board?" was the nicest thing they said....

For awhile(and i go back to when the word EXIT was in the name) OTs were frowned upon...now they are condoned.....looks pretty silly to football people....esp recruits. I dont see it on other websites

It's the off-season. The OTs keep the board alive and interesting. A lot of other team's boards are either ghost towns or are totally lame and boring.

If the parents or player can't understand that, tell them to spend the pittance it takes to get onto the premium board. Sometimes some OT threads that are (or become) more typically the domain of the CE board leak onto the football board. I tend to think those should be moved to the CE board as quickly as possible just because some of the positions espoused give off a bad taste to the casual observer where said observer is not necessarily interested in having their sensitivities questioned by in-your-face tactics.

We're 2 weeks past signing day

The NFL Combine doesn't start until next week, and RUs Pro Day comes weeks after that.

Spring practice doesn't start until next month

The NFL Draft is over 2 months away.

There's a reason there are a lot of OTs at the moment. If they are as dominant when Carroo and Longa work out at the combine then I have a problem.

It's the off-season. The OTs keep the board alive and interesting. A lot of other team's boards are either ghost towns or are totally lame and boring.

Strange. I've visited lots of other schools' boards and haven't found one that was anywhere near as interesting as this one. And one of the reasons IS the OT threads. I'd be interested in checking it out if somebody could direct me to one that compares to this board.

Last edited:
Strange. I've visited lots of other schools' boards and haven't found one that was anywhere near as interesting as this one. And one of the reasons IS the OT threads. I'd be interested in checking it out if somebody could direct me to one that compares to the this board.
That's been my experience as well.

As other of said above....like Rutgers, we're more than just "football" on our most popular board.

If you're a RT member you should have showed them that board for more "adult" football commentary or the Issues Board which also shows we are more than just sports on ScarletNation.

What's the Cornell board like?

Strange. I've visited lots of other schools' boards and haven't found one that was anywhere near as interesting as this one. And one of the reasons IS the OT threads. I'd be interested in checking it out if somebody could direct me to one that compares to this board.
That's because it doesn't exist.

As much as we fight like brothers on here, @derleider said it best...we are the best board out there.

I go back to the beginning also and OTs were never really frowned upon, except by a small minority that for some reason think that OT threads might really impact some recruit's decision more than, say, wins and losses, quality of the coaching staff, opportunities for athletic growth to help one get to the next level, quality of the academics/support, quality of the cafeteria food, coolness of the bars and parties, and last, but not least, hotness of the chicks. OT threads probably rank about 36th in factors that might affect a recruit's decision. My guess is you simply don't like OT threads and you're making crap up or embellishing to try to make a point. Sorry, it won't fly.

And as many others have said, this is one of the best combination football/everything else boards in the country - just ask the many visitors from other schools who come here (and some who stay) and confirm that - and I've visited many others and they just don't compare and a big part of that is that this is a community, not just a football board. Yeah, the bickering is sometimes childish or occasionally worse, but the good still outweighs the bad. What other boards offer so much expertise on so many topics (as long as you know who to go to, lol)?

Reactions: mildone and Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT