ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

Manchester City 2-0, 4-1 aggregate
PSG blows it again. With a little luck in the first leg, they could've scored 4 and it was unfortunate that Mbappe couldn't go today. But have to give MC credit for great execution and not making mistakes (and blocking an incredible number of shots today, especially by Diaz0.

Would be great if Pulisic can play as well tomorrow as he did in the first leg against Real. An all EPL CL final would be fine by me.

A little disappointed in that, especially with Ramos in, who has been injured, as Pulisic really puts pressure on defenders who lack speed.
Could be a good sub at the 60 minute mark, come in with fresh legs against the tired defense.

4 very good keepers in the semifinals

Yep. Damn, Chelsea has had two really good headers so far, but no goals yet, and just almost had a goal by Mount (nice goalkeeping by Courtois on that one). They're playing quite well, but we all know it only takes one mistake or one really good play to tie it up.

Pulisic in - hope he can make a difference. And yes Modric is fun to watch - kind of like DeBruyne...

Edit: really nice play by CP, leading to a nice chance, but he didn't get his cross deep enough. And just won a corner and took a nasty foul - he must take more fouls than almost anyone.

All England final

could also be in the Europa league.

Premiere league dominance.

Never understood Zidane’s logic. Put Isco and Bale in the dog house.

Two Americans in the Champs League FInal!! Let's go Blues. Can't wait for Mem Day weekend.

Reactions: RU848789
Bummer to not have my Galacticos make it through. Really need to have some new signings.

Did anyone catch today's Chelsea-City clash? Some really good soccer, IMO and some oddball plays too. Chelsea looked to be the better team in the first half, but gave up a late goal and then in stoppage time committed a foul in the box for a PK. That's where it got weird, as Aguero took the PK and tried a cheeky chip down the center, which didn't fool Mendy at all, who made the easiest PK save of his life. Chelsea scored the equalizer in the 2nd half and then had 2 more goals disallowed for offsides and then won the game in stoppage time. Pulisic played pretty well, being involved in both goals and some near misses.

Interesting…

There is a lot of flexibility with the midfield - assume Reyna in the middle with McKinnie and Adams behind him. Pulisic and Acosta (?) on the wings.

Sargent up top.

Agree. Guess this is a two day tournament. Read in the Twitter comments that Dike will be included in upcoming friendly’s.

Reactions: Zak57
Surprised no commentary on today's 1-0 win by Chelsea over Man City in the CL final. Thought it was a pretty evenly contested match with one moment of brilliance on the Chelsea goal with a gorgeous through ball from Mount to Havertz, who converted. And Pulisic coming on as a sub, played pretty well, coming very close to scoring, but the keeper did a nice job of forcing Pulisic's chip wide.

Reactions: BigLou
Surprised no commentary on today's 1-0 win by Chelsea over Man City in the CL final. Thought it was a pretty evenly contested match with one moment of brilliance on the Chelsea goal with a gorgeous through ball from Mount to Havertz, who converted. And Pulisic coming on as a sub, played pretty well, coming very close to scoring, but the keeper did a nice job of forcing Pulisic's chip wide.

Will be very interesting what Pulisic does going forward. He has the talent to do well anywhere but I don't think Chelsea with Tuchel is the place for him. Watching yesterday I couldn't help but think how'd he do under Pep actually.

Keeper let the ball hit his hand outside the area earlier, on Chelsea’s goal. Could’ve been red-carded. I thought Pulisic should’ve scored on his chance, and played okay in his time in the game, but could’ve been better. His composure was noticeably lacking a couple/few times, but perhaps the game experience will help with that.

Keeper let the ball hit his hand outside the area earlier, on Chelsea’s goal. Could’ve been red-carded. I thought Pulisic should’ve scored on his chance, and played okay in his time in the game, but could’ve been better. His composure was noticeably lacking a couple/few times, but perhaps the game experience will help with that.
Yep, that could've been a red card, as could Rudiger's hit on De Bruyne, which knocked the best player on the field out of the game, so those somewhat evened out. Pulisic certainly could've scored, but give some credit to Ederson, too.

Yep, that could've been a red card, as could Rudiger's hit on De Bruyne, which knocked the best player on the field out of the game, so those somewhat evened out. Pulisic certainly could've scored, but give some credit to Ederson, too.
I agree. I wouldn’t say he should’ve scored. Eder son made a great play. I honestly don’t think he could have done much more. He had a guy on his back and Ederaon had it covered. Very difficult shot. I thought he played fine. Didn’t really get a chance to do too much as they were killing clock for most of his minutes.

Reactions: RU848789
So w/o Puli or Stephan - thoughts on US loss to Switzerland?

Thought Horvath looked fine.

US youth was on display and it showed. Was surprised Mussah (sp?) didn’t start.

Think this group has the chops to qualify though…

I agree. I wouldn’t say he should’ve scored. Eder son made a great play. I honestly don’t think he could have done much more. He had a guy on his back and Ederaon had it covered. Very difficult shot. I thought he played fine. Didn’t really get a chance to do too much as they were killing clock for most of his minutes.
Pulisic needs to get to another team. Chelsea (like City) is one of the teams that is constantly adding players and he is unlikely to get enough playing time there long term.

He’d have to take a step back from the European competitions for now (which wouldn’t be the worst thing since the US depends on him so much in the next couple of years), but a place like Tottenham would be perfect because they have to completely remake their offense with Kane leaving so he would have a great opportunity for playing time and development.

Pulisic needs to get to another team. Chelsea (like City) is one of the teams that is constantly adding players and he is unlikely to get enough playing time there long term.

He’d have to take a step back from the European competitions for now (which wouldn’t be the worst thing since the US depends on him so much in the next couple of years), but a place like Tottenham would be perfect because they have to completely remake their offense with Kane leaving so he would have a great opportunity for playing time and development.
I think Pulisic is talented enough to play anywhere. I think he should leave Chelsea because of Tuchel. Will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.

Reactions: brad1218
Nope. I never give any credit to goalkeepers. 😉

I think Pulisic is talented enough to play anywhere. I think he should leave Chelsea because of Tuchel. Will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.
He may have that talent, but that doesn’t mean he will get that opportunity even with a coaching change.

These teams are constantly signing high priced transfers that get more of an opportunity going forward than some of the players who were already there.

Unfortunately missed the match last night. How'd we look? From what I am reading had some opportunities early we didn't capitalize on and then just kind of floundered as the match went on.

Unfortunately missed the match last night. How'd we look? From what I am reading had some opportunities early we didn't capitalize on and then just kind of floundered as the match went on.
In my opinion, if we got a bit of luck we could've probably scored 3 or 4 goals. But on the flip side Honduras could've scored 2 or 3 goals too. We were also missing a couple players, most notably Adams.
Got the win which is most important to me, go get the trophy on Sunday.

I'm hoping success this summer can lead us to a very successful WCQ campaign starting this fall.

I'd like to see us gel as a young team and figure it out together. We have some very good players and hopefully we can be at the start of the US's golden generation.

Reactions: Zak57
Tough match to watch as a fan. Honduras played a sit back game, wasted time, faked injuries etc. they tried to get the game to penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT