ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

Having some Waterbury Jams from Brix City. Got the grill going with some Dolce & Clementes hot Italian sausage. Life is great! Enjoy the beautiful Sunday

Had a nice Padron 1926 cigar last night with my drink. Too hot to light the fire pit. Actually had a Truly seltzer. Felt guilty not having a real drink but I allow it when it’s hot and humid.

PDafmF9.jpg

OUJyBwb.jpg

River Horse Brewery's Going Down the Shore. It's a kettle soured ale and took some getting used to at first, but now I like it. Only 4% so they go down like water.

Had this tonight...

kirkland-apa.jpg

With a Mexican chicken flatbread, fresh salsa and sour cream.

The flatbread and salsa were from Aldi.

All (beer, flatbread and salsa) were much better than expected.

Last edited:
So I finally got my allotment of Paulaner Octoberfest Bier today. The formally named Paulaner Wiesn now joins the ranks of the other 5 Munich Brewers who make up the grounds of Munich Oktoberfest in simply calling it Oktoberfest Bier or Oktoberfestbier.
The use of Wiesn made sense to the people that have been to "The Wiesn", the grounds in Munich where the celebration takes place. However, Americans were confusing it Weiss beer (wheat beer).

Had a nice Padron 1926 cigar last night with my drink. Too hot to light the fire pit. Actually had a Truly seltzer. Felt guilty not having a real drink but I allow it when it’s hot and humid.

PDafmF9.jpg

OUJyBwb.jpg
I’m digging your covered deck and sand pit. Well done.

Maybe the greatest invention since Edison's lightbulb:

So I finally got my allotment of Paulaner Octoberfest Bier today. The formally named Paulaner Wiesn now joins the ranks of the other 5 Munich Brewers who make up the grounds of Munich Oktoberfest in simply calling it Oktoberfest Bier or Oktoberfestbier.
The use of Wiesn made sense to the people that have been to "The Wiesn", the grounds in Munich where the celebration takes place. However, Americans were confusing it Weiss beer (wheat beer).

The Paulaner and Hofbrau Fest type Oktoberfest beers you mentioned are my favorites. Each has a different flavor profile but are both great imo.

SW FL area is not fully aware of how great these German Oktoberfest brews are, so it’s been easy to stock up locally. Many thx for the reccs!

Reactions: WhiteBus
I'll try to figure out how to post pictures tomorrow of a beer I'll have tomorrow. Very excited to get a rare Belgium beer into my store that I've been searching for a very long time! Made in Bruges 🇧🇪 Belgium. Take a guess what it is.

Reactions: Jm0513
Last night.. I don't usually like the canned drinks, but this Spiked Margarita was delicious. I have a horrible headache today though lol.
EsbxEiJ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RutHut
Having Icarus DDH Yacht Juice. Beautiful day today enjoy 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Reactions: Jm0513
Gaja Idda Etna Rosso 2017

If you like Italian red wine. You won’t be disappointed

Enjoyed a few Bunnahabhain 12 yr old tonight. If anyone is interested
Sam Adams Octoberfest beer is out.

Finished off a bottle of Glenfarclas 12yo tonight.

Gonna pick up a case of Octoberfest this week.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
After coming back from watching (and thanking) some of those who took part in the Silent Run on the boardwalk in Spring Lake for those lost on 9/11 I had a Murphy’s Irish Stout with a nice traditional sloppy joe my wife made on sourdough bread.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT