ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

Don't drink Scotch but John is a sipper.

What's a great Single Malt for a gift ?

People are showing Mac 18 a lot here......or.....is there something better that isn't well known ?
Mac 18 will cost you over $200 so depends on your budget. if you don’t want to overspend but still get something high quality go Lagavulin 16. You can get it for $70. @DJ Spanky can give you a much wider option grouping if you give us your $$ spend.
Do you have any idea what John likes? i.e., light, heavy, smoky, etc.? Or if you have names of what he now has or drinks, I can extrapolate from there. And just give a rough estimate of your price range. Or PM me if you want to take it off line.

Best Pumpkin beers that are widely available in NJ?

Going to a small house party tomorrow and would like to pick up some pumpkin beers.

I'm fine drinking Bud or Natty Lite or home but want to up my game at my bud's house.

Best Pumpkin beers that are widely available in NJ?

Going to a small house party tomorrow and would like to pick up some pumpkin beers.

I'm fine drinking Bud or Natty Lite or home but want to up my game at my bud's house.

The ones that don't have any pumpkin.

That is not the way to "up your game" ..unless it's a gag gift game :uzi:🎃

Reactions: Knightmoves
I'm giving this a try. In fact, my son got me some cherry wood grilling planks. He said to hold a flame underneath so that they start to let off smoke on top of them, hold your glass upside-down over the smoke, then fill the glass with the whiskey. Supposed to add a touch of smoke/cherry "essence" to the drink. Kids, these days!

img-whiskies-rye.png

I'll prob have one and a Jamison with dinner, then hit the bars

No reason for you to be so anti festive with Autumn

I'm very festive - Oktoberfestive. Will be grabbing a local growler or two again this weekend.

Whiskey-spiked apple cider also a fall classic.

Pumpkin beers are an insult to beer.

I'm giving this a try. In fact, my son got me some cherry wood grilling planks. He said to hold a flame underneath so that they start to let off smoke on top of them, hold your glass upside-down over the smoke, then fill the glass with the whiskey. Supposed to add a touch of smoke/cherry "essence" to the drink. Kids, these days!

img-whiskies-rye.png

Interesting, gonna try That. Been trying to figure out how to mix a smoke-infused old fashioned. Supposedly you can light the orange rind garnish on fire to do so, but didn't work for me last year.

Was going to get a cocktail smoke infuser, but think I'll try your son's method first.

See, Proud, another festive autumn drink.

Reactions: Jm0513
Interesting, gonna try That. Been trying to figure out how to mix a smoke-infused old fashioned. Supposedly you can light the orange rind garnish on fire to do so, but didn't work for me last year.

Was going to get a cocktail smoke infuser, but think I'll try your son's method first.

See, Proud, another festive autumn drink.

Just don't . . . you know . . .light things on fire. I actually did it outside so the smoke alarm didn't go off.

Reactions: fsg2
Wet Ticket Scarecrow juice - one of the better pumpkin beers I've tried.
DogFish pumpkin ale - above average beer, think Wet Ticket's offering was slightly better
Flying Fish Oktober Fish - average october fest
Two that I like are Southern Tier Pumking and either of the Shipyard Pumpkin beers are good.

Going with Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. One of the top pumpkin beers out there. Perfect night out for the fire 🔥

Im a mostly positive minded guy.

But I hate pumpkin beers and see no reason for them. If I want pumpkin it’s in a pumpkin pie.

Similar to a key lime pale ale that they sell in FL. Beer or dessert is my question?

Im a mostly positive minded guy.

But I hate pumpkin beers and see no reason for them. If I want pumpkin it’s in a pumpkin pie.

Similar to a key lime pale ale that they sell in FL. Beer or dessert is my question?

Yeah, some of those flavors feel like they just got desperate. Watermelon cucumber?

I used to like the pumpkin coffee they had at the RU student store but fake pumpkin flavor makes me sick now.

Today I am drinking a few Neshaminy Creek Brewing's Croydon Cream Ale. My dog Scarlet is on the can. She would have been 14 years old earlier this week. The Phillies helped in her birthday celebration. Very unexpectedly we were allowed to go to Citizens Bank Park and pick up our fan cutout on Monday. Naturally my cutout was a picture of her! A day before her birthday.

Can see her here.

Reactions: RutHut
Picked up a sixer of Yuengling Hershey’s Porter. Too sweet for me. Maybe 1 or 2 are drinkable but that’s it.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Picked up a sixer of Yuengling Hershey’s Porter. Too sweet for me. Maybe 1 or 2 are drinkable but that’s it.
The 2nd year for that brew. First year bottled. Agree. Too sweet for most but it really sells. I think it will go down the same path of Not Your Father's Root Beer. Hot seller this year and will fall off the cliff next year. The 5 Philly counties were allocated it. I got one of the highest allocations for a grocery store. 3 cases 6 packs, 4 cases 12 packs.

Reactions: Postman_1
Having a Bolero Snort French Torost a imperial stout with maple syrup, cinammon and vanilla. Nothing is to over powering. A good one from Bolero if you can find it.

Reactions: fsg2
Having Jersey Cyclone Toasted Coconut Flood imperial stout. My first time ever having something from them. I like it

A new beer for me last night. From Dr Dolle Brouwers Esen, Belgium. Dulle Teve a 10% Belgian Triple. Nicknamed the Mad Bitch. Nothing mad about it! Terrific. The brewery is more famous for it's Christmas Beer, Stille Nacht (Silent Night) and hope to have that in the store within a week or so.

Reactions: Postman_1
Having a Peanut Butter Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewing. A little thinner then I would like but not bad. Just hung the Christmas lights out front. Tree is going up now. After Halloween starts Christmas for me.

Going back to an old standby, Clynelish 14yo, as I grill up burgers for a late dinner.

gnUauO4.jpg

Also got the DJ system cranking, felt like doing a little mixing.

Oh yeah, got Purdue/Minnesota on the screen with the sound off.

ADVERTISEMENT