ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

I had a few Bacardi Zombies over ice tonight , oh boy did they hit the spot after a long week of work. 🧟‍♂️

Been on a beer kick lately decided to switch it up tonight. Going with Laphroaig 15. Gotta love the Islay scotches

Paulaner Salvatore Dopplebock today. Recently rediscovered Alabama Slammers but ran out of sloe gin. Haven’t had them in ~35 years til recently. Forgot how good they were especially if mix them less sweet with extra S Comfort

Stone Xocoveza one of my favorites from Stone. A Mexican hot chocolate stout with cocoa, coffee, pasilla peppers, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. No Stout for you!

50603022852_a3f9f8c069_c.jpg
I discovered Stone’s “Delicious IPA.” It is indeed delicious.

Reactions: Postman_1
Having some Southern Tier 2XMas. This has been hard to find the last few years. Finally got it again this year. Christmas in a glass is how my wife described it. Good Christmas time beer.

Reactions: Jm0513
I have not had beer in months. What's this taste like pine?

🌲
Lol No from Southern Tier Website - 2XMAS ale combines traditional brewing ingredients with figs, orange peels, cardamom, cinnamon, clove and ginger root. It’s a holiday addition to the 2X line and another reason to toast to the season, but unlike Glögg, we recommend serving this one chilled. Why no beer for you lately?

Lol No from Southern Tier Website - 2XMAS ale combines traditional brewing ingredients with figs, orange peels, cardamom, cinnamon, clove and ginger root. It’s a holiday addition to the 2X line and another reason to toast to the season, but unlike Glögg, we recommend serving this one chilled. Why no beer for you lately?
That sounds good.
I guess my beer drinking was a quarantine/summer phase.
I've been drinking green smoothies the last few weeks with the occasional side of the green flower that will soon be legal . 🤓
I do see some interesting beers I'd like to try from some of the breweries I follow online.

Last thing I drank... Fruitful Fort by Dogfish Head. Nasty!

Last edited:
Having a Cape May Mop Water. The name dosent do it any favors but it’s good. A German malt brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and vanilla. Cheers everyone. Happy Thanksgiving

Muckley-eye Distillers Bourbon on the rocks. Locally distilled in Colts Neck, NJ! Not a huge Bourbon guy (more of a Rye guy), but in tasting their liquors, I found I liked the Bourbon best.

My girlfriend got me a new whiskey decanter and some whiskey glasses. Look forward to using them.

Was drinking Glenfiddich 15yo Solera Reserve last night.
My girlfriend got me a new whiskey decanter and some whiskey glasses. Look forward to using them.
Ya know, I have several decanters, unused, which I should put my favorite scotches into. I keep meaning to do that, then forget all about it.

Reactions: biker7766
Seeing the Scotch drinking going on got me craving some. Going with the GlenDronach Allardice 18 tonight. One of my favorites.

Fun fact about GlenDronach they closed in 1996 till 2002. So the Scotch you have from them may be older then the age statement indicates. This bottle I have has a date code of 2016 on it. Well take away 18 from that puts you in 1998 when they were closed. It's actually a 19 to 20 year old that Im drinking depending on when the distillary shut down. This goes for several other releases they produced.

50654993497_39ddf1db1a_c.jpg

Reactions: Jersey Boys
After a week with no booze I'm easing my way back into it. Just pilsners and lagers.

Going with Kane - Through the Empty Space a oatmeal stout. Actually my first stout from Kane. Good but not great.

About to finish off my first foray into the world of peat-heavy scotches--Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength. Definitely peaty but more on the iodine side than the smokiness I was looking for. Debating going with the Ardbeg Corryvreckan or Uigedail next, anyone know which one has a smokier flavor?

About to finish off my first foray into the world of peat-heavy scotches--Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength. Definitely peaty but more on the iodine side than the smokiness I was looking for. Debating going with the Ardbeg Corryvreckan or Uigedail next, anyone know which one has a smokier flavor?

I like the Ardbeg. I’ve gotten boring in my time and stick to my old faithful Lagavulin. Just enough smoke for my taste.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT