ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When Disney fully reopens in a few weeks visitors from NY, NJ and CT will not be allowed entry

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reactions: Caliknight
That's funny. NJ cases have plateaued and Florida is a stinking hot mess of COVID. I guess it's easier to cherry pick information and blame a few than facing the truth.
Just to clarify. NJ total cases have plateaued. NJ NEW cases (which is the relevant metric here) have plummeted. Many states currently have a higher infection rate per capita than NY, NJ, and CT.

Last edited:
That's funny. NJ cases have plateaued and Florida is a stinking hot mess of COVID. I guess it's easier to cherry pick information and blame a few than facing the truth.

I'm offended by this anti-Myakkaian statement. Can someone please report and lock this thread?

Reactions: Spare130 and Jm0513
Fake news. Look at the numbers.

Florida is currently running at about 7 new cases per day per 100,000 population. A 104% increase from two weeks ago. NJ is currently running at about 4 new cases per day per 100,000 population.

Florida is currently running at about 7 new cases per day per 100,000 population. A 104% increase from two weeks ago. NJ is currently running at about 4 new cases per day per 100,000 population.
So far so good for the Florida Gators. Day seven of voluntary workouts and no players have tested positive.

Reactions: scripts

FL is open. NJ isnt allowing haircuts. And there is plenty of testing in FL.

If NJ is so safe then why is it still closed?

New cases Yesterday in Calif (3100), Florida (2625), Texas(2,262), Arizona (1,183) and North Carolina(1,428) has skyrocketed since they opened up. NJ (391) and N.Y. (895)

Shocked that they increased so quickly. I think people think it’s disappears when they open up the state and disregard mask and distancing. If they believe Trump, no mask needed.

Thanks for looking at the numbers
I check the number daily and you can see the dramatic change in the numbers for the Southern states the last two weeks. I’m going to get my haircut next week but I’m still going to wear my mask and keeping my distance from people. I don’t wear the mask outdoors but am aware of my distance from other people.

New cases Yesterday in Calif (3100), Florida (2625), Texas(2,262), Arizona (1,183) and North Carolina(1,428) has skyrocketed since they opened up. NJ (391) and N.Y. (895)

Shocked that they increased so quickly. I think people think it’s disappears when they open up the state and disregard mask and distancing. If they believe Trump, no mask needed.

My company has an office in Florida and from what they tell me I expect the cases in all the southern states to rise and I'll tell you why, it's too hot to be outside in July and August so everyone goes indoors. They say they have BBQ's for Christmas not 4th of July, so it that's the case and it spreads more easily inside the south will be in for rough summer.

My company has an office in Florida and from what they tell me I expect the cases in all the southern states to rise and I'll tell you why, it's too hot to be outside in July and August so everyone goes indoors. They say they have BBQ's for Christmas not 4th of July, so it that's the case and it spreads more easily inside the south will be in for rough summer.
Didn’t think about that even though I lived in Arizona, California and Texas for 13 years. However, if they stayed inside without any contact with other people they wouldn’t get it. They are going to bars and restaurants at night.

This virus isn’t going away. I would love to not wear a mask again. I just saw my sister today and she still coughing two months after getting out of the hospital for the virus and almost died.

It was only a matter of time given how lax they were early on. I'm sticking with mask and distancing for the foreseeable future. Not worth potentially getting myself or (more importantly) other, more susceptible people sick over a minor inconvenience.

A minor inconvenience? Wait till you see your property taxes going forward.

Number of Hospitalizations and deaths are far more important data than new infections. Unless that doesn’t meet your political criteria.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrischiano
I don’t mind opening up all the businesses even the gym but There are too many stupid people enough to think no precautions necessary. I can’t wait for the gym to open.

Trump is insisting that if you go to his convention, you wear no mask. Only weak Democrats wear mask.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...th-carolina-florida-coronavirus-a9562951.html

The switch reflects Mr Trump’s desire to have a packed arena with a mask-free crowd — something North Carolina’s Roy Cooper said could not be guaranteed given the state’s measures to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Last edited:
I don’t mind opening up all the businesses even the gym but There are too many stupid people enough to think no precautions necessary. I can’t wait for the gym to open.

Trump is insisting that if you go to his convention, you wear no mask. Only weak Democrats wear mask.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...th-carolina-florida-coronavirus-a9562951.html

The switch reflects Mr Trump’s desire to have a packed arena with a mask-free crowd — something North Carolina’s Roy Cooper said could not be guaranteed given the state’s measures to slow the spread of coronavirus.

How about the wavier he wants people to sign who go to his rallies. He really is playing both sides of this.

Just because a parachute has slowed your descent, it doesn't mean it's time to take it off.
3w5bhs.jpg

Number of Hospitalizations and deaths are far more important data than new infections. Unless that doesn’t meet your political criteria.

Number of deaths is generally on about a 2-3 week lag from number of new infections. Median number of days from positive test to admission has been about a week, and median hospital stay is about two weeks. The number of deaths in a given day are from cases identified 2-3 weeks ago, and we should see those number start going down in NJ/NY over the next couple of weeks (as well as hospital beds opening up).

How about the wavier he wants people to sign who go to his rallies. He really is playing both sides of this.
I’m sure he’ll still have a full stadium like the Jonestown celebration. I think the virus will peak in those Southern states in September or October just in time for the election.

The second wave will be much worst than the first. Nothing can be done at this point. Closing the country simply isn’t an option anymore. Gonna have to ride it out.
We haven't gotten through the first wave yet. No one knows how bad the second wave will be, or even if it will occur.

But let's say you're right, that all we are doing now is just delaying the inevitable. Well, "delaying the inevitable" (aka buying time) is the name of the game. Every day that we buy gets us one day closer to a vaccine and/or cure.

We haven't gotten through the first wave yet. No one knows how bad the second wave will be, or even if it will occur.

But let's say you're right, that all we are doing now is just delaying the inevitable. Well, "delaying the inevitable" (aka buying time) is the name of the game. Every day that we buy gets us one day closer to a vaccine and/or cure.

And how to treat it better if you do come down with it.

Based on observations in this thread, it seems like:

Good
Staying inside in the north during cold weather / being outside in warmer weather
Staying outside / no AC in the south
Wearing a mask when around others

Bad
Going outside in cold weather
Staying inside in A/ C when it’s real hot out

Will be interesting to see if numbers goes up in the north due to being indoors with A/C as the summer gets warmer.

The second wave will be much worst than the first. Nothing can be done at this point. Closing the country simply isn’t an option anymore. Gonna have to ride it out.
+1
Fully open up. Folks can decide what they are comfortable doing. Onwards to herd immunity or vaccination.

There are many things that can be done. Not difficult things. We can’t prevent it but we can minimize it. Just be smart and use common sense. The country will not close but it doesn’t mean back to normal either. That vaccine can’t get here quick enoug.

Based on observations in this thread, it seems like:

Good
Staying inside in the north during cold weather / being outside in warmer weather
Staying outside / no AC in the south
Wearing a mask when around others

Bad
Going outside in cold weather
Staying inside in A/ C when it’s real hot out

Will be interesting to see if numbers goes up in the north due to being indoors with A/C as the summer gets warmer.
Other things equal, outside is always better than inside.

Basically, there are five determinants of contagion:

Personal protection (masks)
Hygiene (wash those hands)
Distancing (the six foot rule)
Ventilation (outside > inside)
Duration of exposure (the quicker the better).

If you're from one of these 3 states don't rush to book a ticket. In addition the Governor is continuing checkpoints at the state borders and anyone from these states that wants to enter the state must quarantine for 2 weeks at an address they can check to make sure you are actually doing so.

https://bgr.com/2020/06/14/disney-world-open-when-july-11-quarantine-new-york/

New Jersey should be asking Florida to please keep the remaining snowbirds in FL...we have been killing it with the numbers and they are on an opposite trajectory...just like...yes, many of the southern states who quickly reopened.

+1
Fully open up. Folks can decide what they are comfortable doing. Onwards to herd immunity or vaccination.
I agree, open the damn thing up, the deaths from other diseases, including cancer, are going to far outnumber those that would have occurred if we had just quarantined the sick and those most vulnerable. All those missed mammograms, colonoscopies, stress tests, etc., etc. are really going to reek havoc on our society for years to come.

I agree, open the damn thing up, the deaths from other diseases, including cancer, are going to far outnumber those that would have occurred if we had just quarantined the sick and those most vulnerable. All those missed mammograms, colonoscopies, stress tests, etc., etc. are really going to reek havoc on our society for years to come.

Is NJ still not doing elective surgeries yet?

Murphy is picking the winners and the losers again.

Last edited:
If you're from one of these 3 states don't rush to book a ticket. In addition the Governor is continuing checkpoints at the state borders and anyone from these states that wants to enter the state must quarantine for 2 weeks at an address they can check to make sure you are actually doing so.

https://bgr.com/2020/06/14/disney-world-open-when-july-11-quarantine-new-york/
I'm in Florida - governor is an idiot. The way things are going now NJ should force anyone from Florida to quarantine.

My father had a procured a couple of days ago and they made him take a covid19 test ahead of time so they knew whether he had it or not (he did not).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT