ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Which 60's Rock Goddess Is Hotter?

Your "Goddesses" died in 2016 (Gayle McCormick of Smith of cancer from a lung tumor) and 2006 (Mariska Veres of the Shocking Blue from gallbladder cancer).

Love how Mo goes from posting threads about Joe Pa to Rock goddess. Keep it PG Mo. Keep it PG. this is a family football forum.

51rpfXMlE1L._AC_SY445_.jpg
22f53e1a26a6e163dcdb7e018bbd12ec.jpg

Not 60's but:
/thread

Your "Goddesses" died in 2016 (Gayle McCormick of Smith of cancer from a lung tumor) and 2006 (Mariska Veres of the Shocking Blue from gallbladder cancer).

Source

I know that they both passed away. After watching The Queen's Gambit, I was reintroduced to Venus and Looked up the group. Markisa was smokin' hot: great face / busty. That's a hard combination to beat.

Lot's of stars / musicians are no longer with us...but we remember them. You're a history buff and I know you understand.

Regardless, there is also something about Markisa's looks that reminds me of my last wife (#2 / #3)...qho passed in March 2019.

MO

Last edited:
Huff was / is hot. But not in the category of either of the two I posted (when at their peaks...no pun intended).

MO
I am fairly knowledgeable about rock and pop music going back to the 1960's, and I admit I never heard of Shocking Blue or The Smiths.

Shocking Blue:
Were there 3 women in the band?
Shocking_Blue_small.jpg

Smith (Gayle McCormick)
Gayle-McCormick-Black-and-White-225x300.jpg

Go with Smith.

I am fairly knowledgeable about rock and pop music going back to the 1960's, and I admit I never heard of Shocking Blue or The Smiths.

Shocking Blue:
Were there 3 women in the band?
Shocking_Blue_small.jpg

Smith (Gayle McCormick)
Gayle-McCormick-Black-and-White-225x300.jpg

Go with Smith.

if you have never heard Venus by Shocking Blue, then you are not knowledgeable about pop and rock music. That song was huge and everywhere for awhile. I bought the 45

if you have never heard Venus by Shocking Blue, then you are not knowledgeable about pop and rock music. That song was huge and everywhere for awhile. I bought the 45
Yeah, but Bananarama did a much better version of it.

Yes, but can you identify Frigid Pink and the Blue Magoos?

That's not what I said. I know the song from the Bangles version, but never heard of Shocking Blue. Weird conclusion by you. I could pretty much crush 95% of the population in pop and rock music name that tune/trivia.

Jackie Deshannon
Jackie-DeShannon-Picture.jpg

Merilee Rush
07658a729b17137d7c3bc770a84864a3.jpg

Melanie
5043265dd0ccb149da3fb17dc97e47be.jpg

Now.. remember that back then.. talent mattered as much as looks.. autotune not really a thing yet

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT