ADVERTISEMENT

OT Why do I hate Joe Buck so much?

Good-Knight

All Conference
Jul 21, 2008
I don’t like Joe Biden. I don’t like Trump. I was never the biggest Obama fan. I almost died a few years back and one thing it made me realize is the waste that is hate. Nevertheless, I can’t stand Joe Buck. To me he is the worst of white culture. Got where he is based on his father. Kisses ass all day. Would never take a step off safe ground. A little racist I know. I’m working on that, but I don’t see me ever not hating Joe Buck. His voice, his timidity, his haircut, his fawning..what’s not to hate?

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

I don’t feel that strongly about him. I always associated him with the St. Louis Cardinals though and us Cubs fans don’t like those Cardinals. Otherwise he is just there.

Really. It’s me. If it’s me I’ll work on it. Would it help if you knew I thought Steve Martin was funnier than Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor? I like Taylor Swift. I think every tattoo is stupid. Think the average cop is just trying to do a hard job. I’ve gotten over my hate for the CBS morning news team. I prefer vanilla ice cream and the missionary position- not in that order - well sometimes in that order.

I mean there is white culture just as there is black culture. Ever hear if the Beatles. Got no problem with gay people. It not even for me to say who anyone else should love, or what they do so long as they don’t get to the top of an escalator and pick that spot to decide their next move.

Last edited:
Aren’t all the talking heads suck ups ? It’s how they keep their jobs. Hometown whores are 10x worse than the national guys, including Carlin, Kay, etc.

Nothing objective about the commentary.

Lots of people resent authority figures who are often stand-ins for failed, past authorities etc.
People can resent the fake authority and also the real one.
An authoritarian manner cracks people's psyches open and for some jobs its taught.
If kids in a family are pressured some will conform and some will rebel.
The rebels tend to be more authentic but they can become conditioned to overreact and self destruct on cue.

I could see Buck in a trooper hate writing tickets and ignoring excuses

Reactions: Good-Knight
Glad you're being honest with yourself and looking for the source. Great way to start the New Year. Joe Buck will have no impact on you're life in the New Year.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Not The Droids GIF
It’s weird. Is the OP saying he actually hates these folks or is just irritated by them? Lots of crap or celebrities irritate me but I don’t hate them.

It’s weird. Is the OP saying he actually hates these folks or is just irritated by them? Lots of crap or celebrities irritate me but I don’t hate them.
You'll have to ask the OP. No reason to judge. I'm with you but we all have our vices.

Lots of people resent authority figures who are often stand-ins for failed, past authorities etc.
People can resent the fake authority and also the real one.
An authoritarian manner cracks people's psyches open and for some jobs its taught.
If kids in a family are pressured some will conform and some will rebel.
The rebels tend to be more authentic but they can become conditioned to overreact and self destruct on cue.

I could see Buck in a trooper hate writing tickets and ignoring excuses
I think your intelligent and thoughtful post is a little out of line inthis case. I’m gonna go with the recommendations to drink more.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
@Good-Knight do you really hate these people or are just irritated by them? Based on your past posts here I never got the sense you hated people.

It’s not folks. It’s just Joe Buck. I’ve gotten over the CBS Morning News team that my wife puts on every morning- even the guy that has to tell you he played college baseball way too often. Sure they’re taking jobs from real journalists but that’s not my problem. I thought everyone hated Joe Buck or found a way to get past it. I don’t have pictures of him in my basement with crudely drawn X’s over his eyes.

Didn't we just have a thread about hating Beth Mowins? I don't feel passionate emotion about sports announcers, hate or love.

Didn't we just have a thread about hating Beth Mowins? I don't feel passionate emotion about sports announcers, hate or love.
I don’t get that either. There are always multiple mentions of her.

@Good-Knight do you really hate these people or are just irritated by them? Based on your past posts here I never got the sense you hated people.
Seriously? Of course I’ve hated people. I was stabbed 3 separate times by three separate people, all before I was 15. Not crimes or gang stuff. Dudes who wanted to take me down and could never do it with their hands. One was a close relative who I still see every couple of years. One used to be my best friend. You’ve had a pretty cush life not to have hated anyone. How could you understand the Middle East?
Okay maybe I’m just extremely irritated with Joe Buck, but I have watched the Artie Lang clip about 10x. I know it’s important to let it go. I only 51% believe in a God but I sincerely believe in the Christian philosophy of love and endless forgiveness. I’m working on it.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
I don’t like Joe Biden. I don’t like Trump. I was never the biggest Obama fan. I almost died a few years back and one thing it made me realize is the waste that is hate. Nevertheless, I can’t stand Joe Buck. To me he is the worst of white culture. Got where he is based on his father. Kisses ass all day. Would never take a step off safe ground. A little racist I know. I’m working on that, but I don’t see me ever not hating Joe Buck. His voice, his timidity, his haircut, his fawning..what’s not to hate?

Because you are a sane and smart consumer of entertainment. Joe Buck is terrible.

You are not alone OP. I have never liked Joe Buck. His voice is way too nasally to be a sports commentator. The guy speaks through his nose / nasal cavity. And I am someone who hates the sound of my nasally voice when I hear it recorded on an iPhone or whatever.

I have always thought he's very polarizing and most everyone disliked him on his voice alone. I don't know his past and never thought about the cultural thing, but I'd agree, he's the kinda guy who will reference Taylor Swift as the greatest recording artist alive simply because she's popular.

I have known others who immediately dislike him when they realize he's calling the game. I also once heard a co-worker go on for quite some time about how much her boyfriend disliked Joe Buck.

I personally think football games should be called by guys who speak clearly and have some bass in their voice. Mike Tirico and Al Michaels I think are great because they both fit that bill. Herbstreit and guys like Joe Buck, honestly I don't think it fits.

Reactions: Good-Knight
You are not alone OP. I have never liked Joe Buck. His voice is way too nasally to be a sports commentator. The guy speaks through his nose / nasal cavity. And I am someone who hates the sound of my nasally voice when I hear it recorded on an iPhone or whatever.

I have always thought he's very polarizing and most everyone disliked him on his voice alone. I don't know his past and never thought about the cultural thing, but I'd agree, he's the kinda guy who will reference Taylor Swift as the greatest recording artist alive simply because she's popular.

I have known others who immediately dislike him when they realize he's calling the game. I also once heard a co-worker go on for quite some time about how much her boyfriend disliked Joe Buck.

I personally think football games should be called by guys who speak clearly and have some bass in their voice. Mike Tirico and Al Michaels I think are great because they both fit that bill. Herbstreit and guys like Joe Buck, honestly I don't think it fits.

Herbie talks too much.
Makes a 3 yd run sound like fission
Tirico is funny because everyone thinks he black when he says he all Italian

"He has seen pictures of his father and immediate family, all of whom are of Italian ancestry. "The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family. And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now." Wiki

Ima call him Mikey Cutlets

Seriously? Of course I’ve hated people. I was stabbed 3 separate times by three separate people, all before I was 15. Not crimes or gang stuff. Dudes who wanted to take me down and could never do it with their hands. One was a close relative who I still see every couple of years. One used to be my best friend. You’ve had a pretty cush life not to have hated anyone. How could you understand the Middle East?
Okay maybe I’m just extremely irritated with Joe Buck, but I have watched the Artie Lang clip about 10x. I know it’s important to let it go. I only 51% believe in a God but I sincerely believe in the Christian philosophy of love and endless forgiveness. I’m working on it.
backing up homer simpson GIF

Sorry I responded to you. You really shouldn’t make assumptions about anyone else’s life and what they have gone through. Everyone has had their challenges and issues. Try to have a happy New Year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Is Buck the antithesis of Howard Cosell? I really never thought Buck had enough personality to live in people's thoughts. Fascinating.

Herbie talks too much.
Makes a 3 yd run sound like fission
Tirico is funny because everyone thinks he black when he says he all Italian

"He has seen pictures of his father and immediate family, all of whom are of Italian ancestry. "The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family. And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now." Wiki

Ima call him Mikey Cutlets
Tirico is not all Italian. Not that it even matters

Is Buck the antithesis of Howard Cosell? I really never thought Buck had enough personality to live in people's thoughts. Fascinating.

He's like a hall monitor kid.
I remember when media realized Millennials were into beards and the sports guys tried growing them.
Buck looked like an old carpet worn down near the door lol

oMCxqRA.jpg

He's like a hall monitor kid.
I remember when media realized Millennials were into beards and the sports guys tried growing them.
Buck looked like an old carpet worn down near the door lol

oMCxqRA.jpg
Ok, I'll buy that. OP, do you hate conformists? You see yourself as a rebel I suppose?

Ok, I'll buy that. OP, do you hate conformists? You see yourself as a rebel I suppose?

Nope - I'm not either horn on the goat and could always oscilate.
If I liked a class, I always got an "A" - if not not also the highest mark in the class.
If I didn't like a class I wouldn't go and a C or even a D wouldn't bother me
I hung with the jocks and the freaks alike.
Being an accountant looked like death and being a Hell's Angel looked crazy.
Conformists and rebels reinforce each other.
Nobody should be a "type" and thats hard in NYC metro area because most people are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT