ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wimbledon Final

ClassOf02

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2010
Alcaraz coasted through the first 2 sets against Novak, and broke at 4-all in the 3rd to serve for the championship. Up 40-0, Alcaraz then lost 5 straight points and it’s back on serve in the 3rd. If Djokovic wins this set, watch out.

Alcaraz wins it with a 3rd set tiebreak. I think the younger generation has now taken over the men’s game.

Credit to Djoker for even making the final. He had knee surgery after he had to withdraw from The French Open. He wasn’t expected to play and he made his 37th major final. It’s like Nicklaus’ 19 2nd place finishes in majors. That being said he is 37 and it’s now Carlito’s world. If he stays healthy, Alcaraz will be the GOAT one day.

In the Women’s final I was rooting for Paolini. Been a big fan of hers for a while and back to back major finals is impressive. Hard to beat those Czech’s in the final.

In the Women’s final I was rooting for Paolini. Been a big fan of hers for a while and back to back major finals is impressive. Hard to beat those Czech’s in the final.
I agree. I was rooting hard for Paolini. Didn’t have a prayer at Roland Garros against Swiatek, but this one was there for the taking. Bummer, and I hope she continues her strong play. Czech women seem to be taylor made for Wimbledon.

Credit to Djoker for even making the final. He had knee surgery after he had to withdraw from The French Open. He wasn’t expected to play and he made his 37th major final. It’s like Nicklaus’ 19 2nd place finishes in majors. That being said he is 37 and it’s now Carlito’s world. If he stays healthy, Alcaraz will be the GOAT one day.
Most likely Alcaraz flames out and doesn't even get to 10 majors. This is what the history of tennis says.

Reactions: Section124
Most likely Alcaraz flames out and doesn't even get to 10 majors. This is what the history of tennis says.
That is the big question right now. Success at a young age often causes flame outs as you mentioned. I saw Alcaraz seems to be infatuated with Emma Raducanu. That is another factor. Tennis romances while playing not always good for focus (see Sinner and Tsitsipas).

Looking forward to the US Open. Not really a fan of tennis at the Olympics and they are back on clay at Roland Garros.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Could be
Definitely has the talent & age on his side

But everyone thought Tiger was a shoe in to overtake Jack

One thing sports teaches us, is never take anything for granted

Reactions: Section124
That is the big question right now. Success at a young age often causes flame outs as you mentioned. I saw Alcaraz seems to be infatuated with Emma Raducanu. That is another factor. Tennis romances while playing not always good for focus (see Sinner and Tsitsipas).

Looking forward to the US Open. Not really a fan of tennis at the Olympics and they are back on clay at Roland Garros.
Nothing wrong with being infatuated with Raducanu, but it may shift priorities. Until the Big 3, even Sampras had plenty of ups and downs in his career. Just saying Fed, Nadal, and Joker are outliers in the history of tennis. We can't assume this is the new normal.

As for the tennis in the Olympics, it seems so artificial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT