ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Woolfolk to Miami of Ohio

Wish him nothing but the best.
Still wonder if we should have made him a tight end and played hoops too.
;-)

Reactions: runner3283
Arizona State
Ole Miss
UCF
Miami Ohio

What do all these schools have in common

Last edited:
Kinda crazy this board wishes every guy well that transfers down . But condemns every kid that transfers up or equal level , even kids that have a Rutgers diploma

Good luck to him !

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
Kinda crazy this board wishes every guy well that transfers down . But condemns every kid that transfers up or equal level , even kids that have a Rutgers diploma

Good luck to him !
It’s truly fascinating to watch. To me it’s as simple as don’t burn bridges on your way out and you get my continued support

Reactions: High Quality H2O

Good luck to him !

Plum - this has been an explained to you numerous times. Cam got criticized due to the TIMING not because he transferred “up”. His timing SCREWED us.

Had he announced with the same timing of Wolf (right away and MONTHS prior) he would not have received the ire of RU fans.

One example…

MYLES

He transferred “up” - yet he universally received well wishes and he got a wonderful reception when he came back to the RAC

Another ….

CLIFF

will certainly transfer “up” yet he will undoubtedly get a flood of well wishes on here AND would likely get a standing 0 were he to return to the RAC like Myles

You’re just totally wrong on this. And this has been pointed out to you repeatedly yet you persist with the bs

Those are two very prominent transfers who went “up” - and both transfers hurt - we really could have used them . Yet Cliff and Myles, both of whom TRANSFERRED “UP”, get almost universal respect and appreciation (no where near the ire of cam who deservedly got criticized because his timing f$cked us!!!)

… you’re just 100% wrong on this

But youll keep at it

Last edited:
Plum - this has been an explained to you numerous times. Cam got criticized due to the TIMING not because he transferred “up”. His timing SCREWED us.

Had he announced with the same timing of Wolf (right away and MONTHS prior) he would not have received the ire of RU fans.

One example…

MYLES

He transferred “up” - yet he universally received well wishes and he got a wonderful reception when he came back to the RAC

Another ….

CLIFF

will certainly transfer “up” yet he will undoubtedly get a flood of well wishes on here AND would likely get a standing 0 were he to return to the RAC like Myles

You’re just totally wrong on this. And this has been pointed out to you repeatedly yet you persist with the bs

Those are two very prominent transfers who went “up” - and both transfers hurt - we really could have used them . Yet Cliff and Myles, both of whom TRANSFERRED “UP”, get almost universal respect and appreciation (no where near the ire of cam who deservedly got criticized because his timing f$cked us!!!)

… you’re just 100% wrong on this

But youll keep at it
You are right on Myles, he did get well wishes.
Otherwise , I was stating facts and wasn’t interjecting reasons or opinions into this .
The guys that transferred to a power conference usually not wished well by the fanbase. The list includes Todd billet, dahntay jones , Rosario , Eugene. Even Jacob young kinda got a don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Reactions: Shelby65
Otherwise , I was stating facts and wasn’t interjecting reasons or opinions into this .
The guys that transferred to a power conference usually not wished well by the fanbase. The list includes Todd billet, dahntay jones , Rosario , Eugene. Even Jacob young kinda got a don’t let the door hit you on the way out
Further, only positivity for those who transfer. Homer hypocrisy.

you’re bringing transfers from 20 years ago. Come on man. It’s 2024

People don’t look at transfers the way they did back then .its apples to oranges . Billet - what is he like 50 now? lol

The two recent transfers you mention Eugene and young-

Eugene got criticized due to the circumstances of his transfer - remember he also kinda f$&ked us over.

Young - I don’t remember him getting too much backlash at all. If anything many here were kinda happy to see him go (hence the “don’t let the door….”)

And what about Mathis ? Another up/ lateral transfer. There was no backlash.

Paul’s transfer ( also up/ lateral) is more complicated. He got FAR less criticism than cam - even though his timing also f&cked us. And I think that was two fold: (1) he deservedly got TONS of respect for his time here yet (2) many were ready to move on. So for those reasons he didn’t get too much backlash. Plus his transfer was rumored for a long time so even though the timing totally sucked it wasn’t a surprise

So in addition to Myles and Cliff (2 transfer UP that get WELL WISHES - directly refuting your point), the reaction to Paul’s transfer (UP/lateral) was complicated/ mixed . Eugene got backlash yet young and Mathis got none or little.

Point is: it’s not nearly as simple as you’re making it out to be.

The reaction to each recent up/ lateral transfer has been based on the unique circumstances surrounding each

Last edited:

If you were just offereing facts you would not have used the term "kinda crazy" which is opinion based.

Further, your cherry picking guys from 20-30 years ago to troll your point. Perhaps you don't understand the nuance that every situation is different.....

For example, beyond Myles and recently, Montez Matthis was also not criticized.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
If you were just offereing facts you would not have used the term "kinda crazy" which is opinion based.

Further, your cherry picking guys from 20-30 years ago to troll your point. Perhaps you don't understand the nuance that every situation is different.....

For example, beyond Myles and recently, Montez Matthis was also not criticized.
You’re right , I shouldn’t have used kinda crazy .

Good luck to Woolf

In the end player needs to do what the player needs to do. Hurting a team or upsetting a fanbase is only a minimal part of the equation.

In the end player needs to do what the player needs to do. Hurting a team or upsetting a fanbase is only a minimal part of the equation.
x1000. Bitch, moan and criticize all you want but nobody owes Rutgers or the fans anything. Timing is irrelevant. None of us would sacrifice our best interest in favor of loyalty to our employer.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
x1000. Bitch, moan and criticize all you want but nobody owes Rutgers or the fans anything. Timing is irrelevant. None of us would sacrifice our best interest in favor of loyalty to our employer.

Disagree.

While everyone has the right to better their situation there are right and wrong ways to go about it.

If you leave an employer in a way that f&cks over the employer or you were dishonest/ played the employer in some way - then yeah, that person would have burned a bridge. Keep doing that and it might come back to bite you eventually. I mean, sure, you have the RIGHT.

like all employers/bosses I have had employees leave for other opportunities. I have had 3 later ask to come back. 1 of them I would have taken back with open arms (couldn’t for other reasons); while the way the other 2 went about it … thanks but no thanks. Sure they had the RIGHT but burned a bridge.

Last edited:
Disagree.

While everyone has the right to better their situation there are right and wrong ways to go about it.

If you leave an employer in a way that f&cks over the employer or you were dishonest/ played the employer in some way - then yeah, that person would have burned a bridge. Keep doing that and it might come back to bite you eventually. I mean, sure, you have the RIGHT.

like all employers/bosses I have had employees leave for other opportunities. I have had 3 later ask to come back. 1 of them I would have taken back with open arms (couldn’t for other reasons); while the way the other 2 went about it … thanks but no thanks. Sure they had the RIGHT but burned a bridge.

Eh.
That's literally what HC Schiano did leaving for the NFL. And people couldn't accept him back soon enough.
Admittedly there are some who still hold a grievance with HC Schiano but those people are usually quickly shouted down.

The reality is:
Player is good and transfers: fan base mad
Player is bad and transfers: fan base happy

If Cam had another year of eligibility and wanted to return - I would be pretty confident the red carpet would be rolled out for him as the 3pt shooter we desperately need.

Good luck to him !
kids that transfer down usually won't find playing time playing for Rutgers and their leaving makes room on the roster for someone with a better chance to help the team.
It's a win -win and that's why the good feeling.
Some who leave after graduation with eligibility left that use that eligibility are not put down , but wished well by the RU fans that value their contributions to the team while on the path to graduate as a member of the team.
Others that were one year rentals that used their one year on the roster and was able to graduate because of 3 years credits from another school used along with what they earned at Rutgers should be con graduated for graduating, but not hero worshiped because they did.
With that RU degree , that player can be considered a Rutgers Man if one wants to feel that way, but might not be considered a Loyal Son , because that player was only a mercenary who plied his trade for a short time at Rutgers and eared a RU degree because it gave him another year of eligibility that he wouldn't have gained without graduating from Rutgers .

The way Cam played I can understand the hero worshiping by some and their need to keep him considered a Rutgers man.
With his RU degree , Cam can go though life looked at as a Rutgers man and people won't realize his 3 years at Loyola of Maryland helped make that so.
I expect Spencer will be earning his grad degree at UConn and he'll be the one to choose the school he'll use as the one he's connected to the most out of the three he played for

Cam Spenser gave his all as a Scarlet Knight and was a credit to the team athletically along with his academic achievements, I have no reason to dislike Cam considering Rutgers as the University he wants to be connected to.
I hope he does

Good luck to him !
agree....with respect to Wolf vs Gavin the difference is vast but not surprising actually

The reality is:
Player is good and transfers: fan base mad
Player is bad and transfers: fan base happy

Again Myles and Cliff both good players left. Cliff would have been really valuable next year. Yet with very few exceptions no one mad at them. Circumstances (timing and how they go about it) matter.

So again it’s not that simple

And as far as Schiano. He left for the NFL when we were stuck in that adomination of a conference (what was it AAC?). I think the fan attitude at the time was that no one could blame Schiano for leaving. He didn’t screw RU over. So again, the circumstances matter.

JY made a mistake. It wasn’t a good decision for him and mostly people just commented to that effect. If you look at the football board, you don’t see what your talking about. Generally well wishes to kids who have transferred to other major conference programs. The issue is the way things went down with the guys your thinking of who left for basketball.

Eugene - we scheduled a game in Canada for crying out loud. And he transferred late.

Paul - dragged his thing out forever clogging up a spot on the roster

Cam - literally played an extended round of Poker with Rutgers that but Ed the program’s whole season last year. What do you expect?

Reactions: knight82
JY made a mistake. It wasn’t a good decision for him and mostly people just commented to that effect. If you look at the football board, you don’t see what your talking about. Generally well wishes to kids who have transferred to other major conference programs. The issue is the way things went down with the guys your thinking of who left for basketball.

Eugene - we scheduled a game in Canada for crying out loud. And he transferred late.

Paul - dragged his thing out forever clogging up a spot on the roster

Cam - literally played an extended round of Poker with Rutgers that but Ed the program’s whole season last year. What do you expect?
spot on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT