ADVERTISEMENT

Pains me to say this about Michigan

UMRU

All Conference
Sep 19, 2006
but it is too bad that Rutgers doesn't play UM this year. After three games, UM looks terrible on many levels (QB, discipline, talent level, coaching, etc). This could have been the year that Rutgers gained a 2nd win against the Maize and Blue.

but it is too bad that Rutgers doesn't play UM this year. After three games, UM looks terrible on many levels (QB, discipline, talent level, coaching, etc). This could have been the year that Rutgers gained a 2nd win against the Maize and Blue.
This would have been the year.
law and order crazy shit GIF

Have not looked- what is the expectation for the USC game from a Michigan fan's perspective (putting the odds aside)?

No thanks, our plate is full with VT, Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and USC, among others on tap, which is a tall enough task.

Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State games are physically exhausting for our team, and take a lot out of us.

I welcome the break.
Thought we were going to HAMMER two of those on our plate?

Hmmm.. Michigan and Penn State were due to visit Piscataway. While we would have had to go to Columbus.

2025.. we go to OSU and PSU comes to us. That's fair. In 2026 we got to Happy Valley and Michigan comes to us. Fair again. 2027 we host OSU and visit Michigan. Seems fair enough as far as those few teams.

isn't Michigan's QB in his 7th year?
Jack Tuttle - but he has been hurt all season. The guy they are starting was preferred walk on. Now they are changing to an "athlete" (Alex Orji) that most thought would not be a college QB

Reactions: newell138
The majority think UM is going to get blasted by USC unless some kind of magic improves the QB play.
Obviously, Harbaugh did a fantastic job (putting Stalions aside). But by my count (and correct me if I missed someone), he had exactly one elite QB in his 8 or 9 years at Michigan. That is not a knock on him, but it shows how difficult it is to have elite QBs in successive years. The only person I can think of who groomed QBs well, but they were more a product of the Air Raid system, is Mike Leach (sloppy sentence, but rushing).

It will take a new coach some time. And don't think anyone expected Michigan to pick up where they left off. But it would be hilarious if you guys beat Ohio State again, just to torture Ryan Day.

Reactions: thegock
It's a nice thought.

I'm of the opinion, though, that we still don't really know what we have this season. We've taken care of things against the two relative cupcakes we played. But that doesn't mean we're definitely good enough to be counting chickens against elite Big Ten teams before they hatch no matter how poorly they've started their seasons.

We will learn plenty more about our team on Saturday, I think.

Reactions: WW HEISENBERG
Obviously, Harbaugh did a fantastic job (putting Stalions aside). But by my count (and correct me if I missed someone), he had exactly one elite QB in his 8 or 9 years at Michigan. That is not a knock on him, but it shows how difficult it is to have elite QBs in successive years. The only person I can think of who groomed QBs well, but they were more a product of the Air Raid system, is Mike Leach (sloppy sentence, but rushing).

It will take a new coach some time. And don't think anyone expected Michigan to pick up where they left off. But it would be hilarious if you guys beat Ohio State again, just to torture Ryan Day.
It is tough to find and then keep QBs these days. Gone are the days of having Tom Brady as your backup.

UM also missed on some QB targets because their NIL is tiny compared to OSU and SEC teams. But hard to feel sorry for them considering where we are here at RU

Reactions: Knight Shift
Jack Tuttle - but he has been hurt all season. The guy they are starting was preferred walk on. Now they are changing to an "athlete" (Alex Orji) that most thought would not be a college QB
The guy's name is pronounced "or gee" ?
I remember him from last season....where I saw enough to understand why he was a walk-on.

Riley has done very well with qbs as well from his OU days til now.

Heupel has a good track record too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT