ADVERTISEMENT

Parking question

rutexan84

Senior
Dec 17, 2008
Cowtown.
I’m going to the Wagner game, my first in aeons. When purchasing tix through RU online, I was offered the opportunity to purchase parking in the silver, tan or light blue lots. All three seem quite the distance from the stadium. My last game (shortly after Hurricane Sandy) we purchased parking at a Greek church near the stadium. Is that still a option, or are there better options?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I’m going to the Wagner game, my first in aeons. When purchasing tix through RU online, I was offered the opportunity to purchase parking in the silver, tan or light blue lots. All three seem quite the distance from the stadium. My last game (shortly after Hurricane Sandy) we purchased parking at a Greek church near the stadium. Is that still a option, or are there better options?
I like the walk through the campus to the stadium. Silver, tan and light blue are about a 15- 20 minute walk, and on the way into the stadium you see lots of people having fun and the awesome atmosphere of college football tailgating. That’s what I would do.

Last edited:
All good answers. Those lots are basically by the student center so if you are healthy and it’s not poor weather should be an easy walk. They also have mini shuttles for the elderly pickling up closer to the Purple lot entrance. There are some houses near the Greek church that are a 7 iron from the scarlet lot and the golf course depending which way you walk. I’ve used one of them when I came late with an extra car and they even offer you a water and use of their bathroom. Enjoy!

Another option- in the past I've "tailgated" at the Olive Branch, parked at a meter near the College Ave Campus and taken the college ave shuttle to the game and/or walked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT