ADVERTISEMENT

Penn on Saturday and a home match with Rider on Sunday at Jersey Mike's Arena

Grass isn’t always greener at Rutgers. Schiano was the first guy to find success at Rutgers for football, handed the keys over to Flood who proceeded to tank the program, then Ash who made it so bad Rutgers had to beg Schiano to come back.
It wasn’t like we chased schiano out.. he left. Please never mention Ash again as his time here gives me bad flashbacks.

I wouldn’t get rid of Goodale unless you have a big name replacement. I do think Hahn would kill it here.

I'm with you man. Time for a change. Mad respect for what he's done to get us this far but we are in the big ten in one of the most fertile wrestling states in the country. Time to step it up.
Then step up your wallet because we can't compete with the big boys with the the money Goody gets from you habitual complainers ..you get what you pay for !!

He was 6-4 at the time of the match and ended the year 14-13. Pretty much a .500 wrestler

Yeah.. 6-4 at time.. prolly a much tougher b10 schedule then riders.. and he was ranked 14th at the time by intermat… 14th beating a 5th ranked isn’t a colossal upset but the article is making it out to be…. Wonder if Kingsley will get a article written for his win over Peterson lol

Then step up your wallet because we can't compete with the big boys with the the money Goody gets from you habitual complainers ..you get what you pay for !!
If all season ticket holders chipped in we’d be in good shape, but I doubt most do. We definitely do need to get more donors signed up for knights of the raritan.

Wrong..the Penn wrestler was the higher ranked wrestler. Turley obviously had everything to gain and nothing to lose by wrestling.

But keep up the duck narrative..
You obviously don’t know what it means to duck someone. That is when you don’t want an L on your record so you sit.

Poz looks completely recharged at 197. Don’t know why people think he’s better suited at 184
To be determined. I agree he looks real good but check back in after he gets through the B1G slate. It's obvious him and Soldano have given up size to opponents all year long, which may come into play against the best wrestlers. I like what I see but I need to see more.

Reactions: rags
To be determined. I agree he looks real good but check back in after he gets through the B1G slate. It's obvious him and Soldano have given up size to opponents all year long, which may come into play against the best wrestlers. I like what I see but I need to see more.
Obvious he’s given up size? He’s 8-0 with 6 wins by bonus and 2 decisions against returning NQs. He looks fine at 197 to me.

You can see a huge difference in his face after matches even compared to his AA year. He looks like he’s enjoying himself this year, during his AA season he looked relieved each match was over.

My take from this thread is we keep Goody at least until after the next match.
My take away is don’t risk starting a partially hurt/maybe not hurt? Wrestler on back to back weighs ins might affect his stamina/mental conditioning who knows… the rest of the team did fine tho.

Reactions: FoxRU
Yeah, but he will have to wrestle more than one match a day at the NCAA championships and weigh in on successive days.
True but if he was supposedly injured in the Penn match, you rest the kid a week. There was literally nothing to gain and everything to lose by not wrestling Cheltsos vs the Rider kid.

True but if he was supposedly injured in the Penn match, you rest the kid a week. There was literally nothing to gain and everything to lose by not wrestling Cheltsos vs the Rider kid.
You're assuming he was injured..I find it hard to believe Goody would put out an injured wrestler (even just a slightly injured wrestler) in a blow out match

Reactions: TRU2RU
You're assuming he was injured..I find it hard to believe Goody would put out an injured wrestler (even just a slightly injured wrestler) in a blow out match
He prolly wasn’t inj but also doubt he was 100% he gassed out way too easily.. I don’t think he normally gasses out like that… also I wanna say Peterson was way over ranked n shoulda never been 2/4.. his best win of season came over a inj/washuped? Ventresca who might be ranked in 20-30s rn if he was still starting.

Like u said, Peterson will have his chance to earn his high ranking back.. during the b10 slate.. vs Ramos,D’Augustino, McKee, Davis..

It's not like us assuming he was injured is some left field assumption. We all watched the match less than 24 hrs before where Dean hobbled on one leg and required injury time. That doesn't just magically heal. Especially if he had to cut weight. And frankly, it showed. Kid gassed hard in period two.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT