ADVERTISEMENT

Per Politi: No fans this year for Giants/Jets/Rutgers (RU - 500 max for coaches / players family)

Section124

All American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2002
Edit: 500 fans for RU. So looks like it will be slim for any fans this year.

Make no mistake...the end point of this whole process is nothing this fall...at least at the collegiate level. NFL I could not care less...

Time to start alternate entertainment plans this fall!

500 max for Rutgers.....

100 band members
400 students

unless they count the players/coaches then it's 250 students

maybe they let some player families...

of course the huge donors need to count...

bottom line is regular fans are not getting into the stadium this year.

home tailgating it is!

Reactions: cicero grimes
500 max for Rutgers.....

100 band members
400 students

unless they count the players/coaches then it's 250 students

maybe they let some player families...

of course the huge donors need to count...

bottom line is regular fans are not getting into the stadium this year.

home tailgating it is!
I would guess that they will really vette the player families but that they would be a part of those attending

Reactions: Greg2020
If this proves to be the case, how will they handle season ticket $$$ paid over. Credit for 2021, refund or choice of either. Really sucks not being able to see Coach GS at his first game back.

If this proves to be the case, how will they handle season ticket $$$ paid over. Credit for 2021, refund or choice of either. Really sucks not being able to see Coach GS at his first game back.

There was another thread on this, but my Rep indicated last month that the plan was to offer you choice of refund or roll it to next year. He said they were still finalizing the plan.

Murph the serf strikes again.

Who gave him the orders, Cuomo or someone else?

he asked his best advisor "should we allow fans?" and got his answer

il_570xN.1300693935_3x9m.jpg

They could easily safely socially distance with 33% of capacity and more challenging would be to safely social distance at 50% capacity. 500 is just ridiculous. I guess priority point would really mean something now!
Outdoors and using the entire stadium can easily accomodate 10-15K and keep groups apart. Maybe they fear everyone just moving down to the lower level once in the stadium and Murphy doesn't trust people to act like adults.

Make no mistake...the end point of this whole process is nothing this fall...at least at the collegiate level. NFL I could not care less...

Time to start alternate entertainment plans this fall!

Agree. This looks like another interim step before cancelling the Fall 2020 season.

Per Hobbs letter today:

“Our Ticket Office will reach out with additional information outlining all available options for season ticket holders.”

Options for season ticket holders who are not allowed to attend the games? What kind of options is he talking about?

Last edited:
Agree. This looks like another interim step before cancelling the Fall 2020 season.

Per Hobbs letter today:

“Our Ticket Office will reach out with additional information outlining all available options for season ticket holders.”

Options for season ticket holders who are not allowed to attend the games? What kind of options is he talking about?

refund
defer
donate

Reactions: Wolv RU
They could easily safely socially distance with 33% of capacity and more challenging would be to safely social distance at 50% capacity. 500 is just ridiculous. I guess priority point would really mean something now!
Maybe the school doesn’t want 15k people on campus when they can’t even have students back and want to protect their employees

What happens if Murphy expands the 500 limit to a much higher amount? does RU reconsider?

I mean our SDMA of daily cases is under 300 and declining with ten of thousands if not more going to the beaches every day for a couple months now. How would a 25% capacity game 5-7 times over 3 months be any different?

Per Hobbs letter today:

Refund or carry over to 2021?

Per Hobbs letter today:

The same options that have already been communicated I’m sure.

Outdoors and using the entire stadium can easily accomodate 10-15K and keep groups apart. Maybe they fear everyone just moving down to the lower level once in the stadium and Murphy doesn't trust people to act like adults.

I get totally disgusted every time I see a Race track that holds 250k people (indy) or a 500+ acre golf course where they can't figure how to let 20% of capacity in and give SOME folks and the events itself some life. Gutless corwardly and un-creative leadership.

Would be a great way to get some cash for charity or other worthy causes by folks willing to pay and hold the venues harmless....but that is what leadership is these days. Pandering to the fear and always playing the safety card.

Beyond sick of this mess and Murphy's handling of it. If they said only 10K and I couldn't go / didn't make the cut..I'd be ok with that.

Then again, why I am assuming there will even be NCAA Football?

Letter from AD Hobbs ( it doesn't say that fans cannot tailgate! :Sly:):

ei

Dear Rutgers Nation,

I hope this letter finds you and your family well during these challenging times. I know all of you are looking forward to Rutgers football with the exciting return of Coach Greg Schiano. While we were unable to have spring football, we have made remarkable progress this offseason.

Today, Rutgers University confirmed that all athletics venues will operate in accordance with the executive orders issued by New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy limiting outdoor gatherings to 500 people or fewer. All safety precautions will be in place for those individuals who will be in attendance. We understand and support the Governor’s decision based on health and safety guidelines.

Earlier this month, the Big Ten Conference announced that its members would play conference-only schedules this fall. This was done to create consistent safety protocols to protect the well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and all those involved in game day activities, as well as to provide maximum flexibility and control over our schedule. We express our sincere thanks to Monmouth, Temple and Syracuse for their understanding and look forward to contests with them in the years to come.

Our Ticket Office will reach out with additional information outlining all available options for season ticket holders.

We have seen much of our everyday lives affected by the pandemic as businesses and institutions introduced safety measures for their patrons. The safety of every fan, season ticket holder, alumni and student that enters our athletic venues is our priority. We will do all we can to keep you involved with Rutgers Football in the weeks and months ahead, including on game day.

Thank you for your continued support of Rutgers Athletics and in the meantime, be safe, be well and Go RU!

Patrick E. Hobbs
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Rutgers University

What options? I'm a season ticket holder and no one communicated sh*t to me.
Really?

I just scrolled thru quickly and saw in my inbox I got something on May 13th that says what options will be available.

Reactions: thegock
How did Monmouth Park just this past weekend get around this 500 people ordinance? Did Rutgers suddenly put a dome over the stadium?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
The thing is, the limits for outdoor gatherings apparently doesnt matter if the outdoor space is 1,000 or 100,000 square feet. Its laughable at this point. Election cant come soon enough so all this is over

What options? I'm a season ticket holder and no one communicated sh*t to me.

football options have not formally been communicated yet. MBB sent out an email awhile ago saying that the options would be refund/defer/donate. The assumption is that football will have the same options.

Letter from AD Hobbs ( it doesn't say that fans cannot tailgate! :Sly:):

I just said this to my group. We're debating whether or not Rutgers would throw us off the property...

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT