ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck

You’re assuming he’d lose.
Because if he won the press would protect him and couldn’t care less about skeletons and schtick
The media didn't protect Schiano when he started winning. In fact, that was when the hatchet jobs started.

Remember when the fan base went nuts because we were getting Terry Shea, that West Coast Offense genius? Be careful of what's in a name.

Fleck would never survive the media in NJ. Between his skeletons and schtick he’d be a laughingstock in no time.

No idea what his skeletons are but this dude is a cheeseball and it won’t last unless he puts together a staff like Franklin has done at PSU.

Texting a recruit every 30 minutes and putting an hourglass on a desk to pressure kids into committing? Thank goodness we didn’t hire this guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...says-pj-fleck-would-text-him-every-30-minutes

Reactions: RUskoolie
Schiano could identify talent in 2 star players. He developed them and turned them into football players. He didn't become a great recruiter out of the box because he had nothing to sell.
Ash had very little to sell when he came in but he too has been able to identify talent in players no one else wanted. See Maddox-Williams, Maietti, Lonsdorf, Vokolet, Lumor and Turner. And he's gotten some higher ranked kids as well although he's still not able to get many North Jersey players.
Point is there's no magic wand with this recruiting business. He's in year 3 of a 5 year plan. So give him the 5 years. If he ends up 7-5 in year 5, it's success because playing those 5 Big East powerhouses year in and year out, we're not going to beat them early on.

In the sense of hot coach at that time yes, in the sense of substance over flash I'd say no. Who knows ultimately how either will turn out but I'd feel better about Frost's potential compared Fleck's potential.

dude can't even lock his front door...... I have serious doubts he can win in Columbus in November...

dude can't even lock his front door...... I have serious doubts he can win in Columbus in November...
I'm guessing you're referencing the burglary of Frost's home. I believe the house was under renovation and they weren't living there.

I don't expect Frost to do anything right away. They're changing the system and likely the mentality as well but I think he'll have them competing for the west and possibly winning it in some time. I don't think that about Fleck at Minnesota. I've said I think at best he'll do what Kill did and likely come short of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT