ADVERTISEMENT

Possible midfield transfer

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
Read elsewhere that Merrimack sophomore middie Kasey Mongillo is headed to RU. Scored 33 goals and 5 assists in '24. Nice that if true he would have at least 2 more years.

Reactions: Caliknight
He was never really thought to be able to come back so not really.

Brecht bent over backwards to get him a waiver. His thank you was an I’m hitting the portal lol

The program keeps a lot of stuff in house and close to the vest sometimes but now that he left people are more willing to speak their mind.

Let’s just say no one is losing a lot of sleep over this. Good player who did some nice things on the field but he was always a complimentary piece to Knobloch and now Kurdyla. Very quickly he was getting shorted after Kurdyla came on. Would have a been nice to have but not irreplaceable.

He wasn’t a leader on the team and wouldn’t have been this year. He will be a nice piece for Penn St for a year assuming he’s not expected to be their number 1 middie. He’s not that guy on a B1G team.

Regardless he burned a lot of bridges. That game got a little more interesting.

He was never really thought to be able to come back so not really.

Brecht bent over backwards to get him a waiver. His thank you was an I’m hitting the portal lol

The program keeps a lot of stuff in house and close to the vest sometimes but now that he left people are more willing to speak their mind.

Let’s just say no one is losing a lot of sleep over this. Good player who did some nice things on the field but he was always a complimentary piece to Knobloch and now Kurdyla. Very quickly he was getting shorted after Kurdyla came on. Would have a been nice to have but not irreplaceable.

He wasn’t a leader on the team and wouldn’t have been this year. He will be a nice piece for Penn St for a year assuming he’s not expected to be their number 1 middie. He’s not that guy on a B1G team.

Regardless he burned a lot of bridges. That game got a little more interesting.
Make no mistake, if Aimone had come back he would have been a top returning player on the offense and, this is why BB worked so hard to get him the extra year. That being said, even the Central guys that I know think that this was a D*** move by Aimone. There are a couple of reasons that are going around that I am hearing as to why he left and Cali is right no one is losing sleep over this at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT