ADVERTISEMENT

Post-game interview

Arella was good, but I thought Stasha Carey deserved the spotlight w the interview. She had the better game, and she's a graduating senior. Arella lost her composure in the 4th , threw that elbow which gave Purdue an extra 2 free throws, plus Arella was strangely bad at the foul line tonight.

Arella was good, but I thought Stasha Carey deserved the spotlight w the interview. She had the better game, and she's a graduating senior. Arella lost her composure in the 4th , threw that elbow which gave Purdue an extra 2 free throws, plus Arella was strangely bad at the foul line tonight.
Stasha is a Senior and a major contributor, but we have see her in post game pressers and she is fairly quiet and speaks in short sentences. Arella has a lot of personality - don’t hold that against her?

Stasha is a Senior and a major contributor, but we have see her in post game pressers and she is fairly quiet and speaks in short sentences. Arella has a lot of personality - don’t hold that against her?

I doubt BTN chose Giurantes over Carey or Harris because of her vibrant personality. I'm guessing Coach Eatman just pushed her over or she was the only one who even wanted to do it.
IMO, Carey is the MVP of this team.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Hope everyone got to see Arella Guirantes doing the post-game interview. She was terrific -- very substantive and spirited and on-message. Perfect cap to a fine game outcome.
I did. She is very well spoken and a great rep for everything Rutgers. I absolutely love her as a player. For me, she is the heart and soul of this team right now. Tonight everyone played a role and completely flummoxed Purdue. And we got them unsettled and out of their element throughout the game. If we had made the half a dozen bunnies we missed, we easily could have beaten the Boilermakers by over 20 points. Still, tonight was a great team win. Now, let's kick some Hawkeye a$$!

Put her on so announcers could pronounce name and roll the r

I think #31 seems like the heart and soul of the team. #24 is the most talented. While I can't argue with the officials interpretation of the elbow, I did not think she lost her cool, she was just battling to maintain the ball. You could make the case she was fouled before the elbow made contact.

They are certainly seem to be getting the max out of their talent right now.

Another post game interview with Coach Eatman, Giurantes and Stasha Carey:

Arella has a certain charisma which transcends through the tv in an interview setting. I found her comments on Iowa the most interesting aspect of the interview. Can’t wait for tonight.

Just saw video and came away impressed with this young lady's speaking talent into the mic the way she answered questions and added comments.
She represented RU and the team very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT