ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game quick reaction

RUTGERS95

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2005
While we have some things to work on, the team is much improved and that is finally evident. Gav looks much more comfortable and needs to be relied on more and KM is the man

not perfect, need some work but if we play this way all year then I can start to believe that we should win 4-6. Need to keep this up

great job boys

I don’t think you can say much improved. It was what we expected . We played Michigan tougher and better in all of schiano’s first 3 seasons .
Positives is Gavin is progressing . Brown is back. We can get to 6

Reactions: RedTeam1994
It went how i thought. We have no real skill position players and we finally got exposed for it. Until we add those pieces we won't be competitive against 25% of the conference.

Not impressed with UM at all. I think it shows the conference as a whole is down or that Ryan Day is turning into Larry Coker more and more if he cannot beat them.

It went how i thought. We have no real skill position players and we finally got exposed for it. Until we add those pieces we won't be competitive against 25% of the conference.

Not impressed with UM at all. I think it shows the conference as a whole is down or that Ryan Day is turning into Larry Coker more and more if he cannot beat them.
This is what UM does . They play up and they play down to competition .

I would be ok beating 75 percent of thhis conference . Even in the old big East days some of our crappy teams couldn’t do that

Reactions: RUDiddy777
This is what UM does . They play up and they play down to competition .

I would be ok beating 75 percent of thhis conference . Even in the old big East days some of our crappy teams couldn’t do that
I didn't say we could beat the 75%. The top 25% its not competitive. The next 25% its unlikely we win. We still have a long way to go but we are definitely getting better. Our offensive talent is just terrible at WR and TE right now.

While we have some things to work on, the team is much improved and that is finally evident. Gav looks much more comfortable and needs to be relied on more and KM is the man

not perfect, need some work but if we play this way all year then I can start to believe that we should win 4-6. Need to keep this up

great job boys
Look like a legit D1 team. Much improved, especially Wimsat so far.

I didn't say we could beat the 75%. The top 25% its not competitive. The next 25% its unlikely we win. We still have a long way to go but we are definitely getting better. Our offensive talent is just terrible at WR and TE right now.
I think we are getting better . But this was typical of our past matchups with Michigan .
The measuring stick is the other games . Today didn’t tell us much , either way.

We have a QB who can pass what we don't have is a big play WR . Also our D line and our O line were gassed at the end of the game being pushed around.

Overall though this team is better than last year and we can beat other teams in the Conference.

agree on all counts. this is a coming out game of sorts

reading various boards, lots and lots of positive takes

Reactions: RUScrew85
I don’t think you can say much improved. It was what we expected . We played Michigan tougher and better in all of schiano’s first 3 seasons .
Positives is Gavin is progressing . Brown is back. We can get to 6
Michigan D is much better these days. And their OLine. After they called the lame hold on us on a big gain I made a point to look for holding on Michigan runs... while it was there on occasion... it was nowhere as obvious as in the past. They kept a pretty clean pocket on pass plays too.. but at least 3 obvious holds on the right-side outside rushers were not called.. some resulting in big plays. Once up big in the 4th qtr.. I think some of those big holes were DL just getting wrapped and pushed to make a hole. So much worse than what was called against Rutgers... no call.

This was a really strange game. A few different breaks and this could have been a very different game. Holding call, near loyal INT, missed holding call leading to pick 6. It’s weird, but I came away encouraged by that game. Wimsatt looked solid and we didn’t seem overwhelmed. It’s going to be tough if long and Brantley are out long term.

Reactions: RW90

Isn't RB a skill position? You don't consider GW a skilled player?

The team we beat best is ourselves. It was only a matter of time for the penalties, mistakes and turnovers to show up. But we weren’t beating Michigan today. Question is what do we do against MSU, Indy and Maryland. As Pogo famously said, We have met the enemy and it is us.

Reactions: noble106
Game was closer than the score, and that was the no. 2 team in the country.

One concern I have (amongst others): our receivers do not seem to get any separation. Rarely is a receiver open; they seem to have a defender draped all over them every pass play. They did make some great receptions today even when covered. I thought the game was going to be 24-10 Michigan, which was how it basically played out.

Reactions: Antnee79
We lost by 7 there 2 years ago!
This current Michigan team is so much more talented on the OLine and D line than the one you are referencing. Today was fine and we look much improved in spite of the score. One bad play call and this turned as we knew it would.

Reactions: sct1111
Don't understand the knocks on the WRs in this thread. Thought they made plays today when given opportunities.

Reactions: sct1111
Don't understand the knocks on the WRs in this thread. Thought they made plays today when given opportunities.
they missed a lot too. they do really go after the ball aggressively and sit on the throw. That is a big no no at this level

Passing game today was good. The running game failed us today, although Wimsatt did a nice job rushing as well. KC should have stuck with that.

Game was closer than the score, and that was the no. 2 team in the country.

One concern I have (amongst others): our receivers do not seem to get any separation. Rarely is a receiver open; they seem to have a defender draped all over them every pass play. They did make some great receptions today even when covered. I thought the game was going to be 24-10 Michigan, which was how it basically played out.
Well, one wr... 4-star recruit Amarion Brown never made it here, another top prospect...Brantley... was flagged by the NCAA, and Long, who I think is our best receiver, is still injured. That definitely leaves us undermanned at that position. And other teams know this.

Well, one wr... 4-star recruit Amarion Brown never made it here, another top prospect...Brantley... was flagged by the NCAA, and Long, who I think is our best receiver, is still injured. That definitely leaves us undermanned at that position. And other teams know this.
Yes.. next year a healthy Chis Long and Brantley playing after sitting out this season can be a potent WR corps. Not to mention WR Strong being in his second season.

Reactions: Kbee3
There were a few great catches by our WR today (especially Jackson and Washington). Dremel is a solid slot WR. The talent is improving.

I don't recall seeing any bad injuries for us today. Beat up Wagner and then we have a key three game stretch. Get two of those and we are bowling. Bummer that Wisconsin has a bye week to prepare followed by Spartans with a bye week to prepare. Indiana is at Michigan before us so that could be a minor boost there.

Reactions: RW90
The team we beat best is ourselves. It was only a matter of time for the penalties, mistakes and turnovers to show up. But we weren’t beating Michigan today. Question is what do we do against MSU, Indy and Maryland. As Pogo famously said, We have met the enemy and it is us.
Defensive backs were poor. Melton was bested number of times and longerbeam looked passive at times

There were a few great catches by our WR today (especially Jackson and Washington). Dremel is a solid slot WR. The talent is improving.

I don't recall seeing any bad injuries for us today. Beat up Wagner and then we have a key three game stretch. Get two of those and we are bowling. Bummer that Wisconsin has a bye week to prepare followed by Spartans with a bye week to prepare. Indiana is at Michigan before us so that could be a minor boost there.
The Jackson catch was really impressive.

I don't mind being an A hole for fun but saying we "should" beat Wagner is kinda stupid, no? If we loose to Wagner we should disband the football program!

Can someone confirm that next year is Wimsatt’s last? I think he played too much his freshman year in order to RS. But I’ve heard others say he has 2 yrs left not counting this…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT