ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Spread: RU @VT

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
Predict the opening betting line for the Rutgers-VT game. It will be posted after the conclusion of the VT Old Dominion game on Saturday.

I'm going to predict VT minus 7

Reactions: WearWhite
Will be very interesting to see what ODU does against VT. ODU hung tough with SC who hammered Kentucky, and lost a close game to ECU who is a strong AAC team.

So if someone predicts the score of the VT-ODU game, I'll predict the RU line based on that!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
No way to even guess until the ODU game. A part of me wants to see VT win just so, if and when we beat them, it is a "quality" win. And a part of me just wants to see them lose and be exposed. Even though, that would mean that even our fans would again say we didn't beat anyone. lol

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Vegas seems to have a ton of respect for VT.

They are favored by 14 playing on the road against a team that lost 23-19 at South Carolina. Kansas is only favored by 7 at home against UNLV. I’d expect similar spreads on those games.

Reactions: Morrischiano
RU -3
VT is not going to cover this weekend vs. ODU… closer game than most think. VT has not covered yet.
And our Offense is a lot better than one VT played last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Spanky Da Douche
RU -2. If home field is 3 pts on average, do those saying VT -3.5 or more really think VT would be favored over us at a neutral site?

RU -2. If home field is 3 pts on average, do those saying VT -3.5 or more really think VT would be favored over us at a neutral site?
With the hype surrounding Tech and them being home, I’d like to think they’d be favored by over a touchdown. With them being 1-1, I’d say that VT -3.5 sounds about right. If they lose to ODU this weekend, we’ll be favored by 6.5 or so.

I figure it will be 50/50, and then since it is being played in such a loud hostile environment they will give Rutgers 6.5 points. Rutgers hasn't really played anyone yet.

Tech will be favored. Going -4

So it’s a really hard line to predict without week 3 outcomes.

Vegas clearly thinks Vandy is pretty decent, Mike Houston’s group sucks and OD’s close game with SC (who definitely doesn’t suck) was a fluke. There’s no other way to explain the 14 point line with VTech as a road favorite. If those teams have a bad week and VTech doesn’t look good - the spread will look way different and in that case we could even be a slight favorite. Otherwise the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT