ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Preview/Game Thread -- 9-Rutgers vs. 1-Purdue

Braden Smith with 2 missed FTs late.
Can’t decide if I like his “grab and shoot - no hesitation” or not.
Seems like false confidence.

Reactions: biazza38
A bunch of pussies who complain about the refs. Every game. That the only reason we lose. Never the teams fault or the fact that we can't score
It can be both ways. Simple minded thinking
Simple minded is thinking the refs have it out for us every game. How is that logical? We lose because we aren't good enough. End of story.
Again if you don't think the 2 fouls on Cliff in 3 seconds wasn't game changing not sure what to tell you. And they played better after that. And your a tough guy calling people pussies on a message board. I don't post often abut officiating and usually think it evens out but those 2 calls changed the game. And were not called the whole game

Hyatt seems to have embraced his role off the bench in these last two games

Can never question HEART with this team.
Tough way for CM to exit game on a non foul steal. Ref cannot possibly see steal/ foul with Purdue back to him. That was not his call

Reactions: RUChoppin
Man Simpson played great he just has to learn to be a little more patient on steal/ basket
Hes going to be a playaa
Yesterday he seemed to learn to pull up and take short jumper, he forgot that in today’s second half. He’s young and will make better decisions going forward.
Team can rest up now and be ready for the tournament.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
We lost by 5, they were plus 10 from the line. That’s the difference there. Playing Purdue to essentially a stalemate otherwise
It would great to see us play Purdue with neutral Refs.
These B1G Refs suck…. The foul differential called on Rutgers this year is beyond mind boggling.

Reactions: G- RUnit
With Derek starting we kill Minnesota and NW is a much closer game. They can make the sweet 16 with this lineup. Won't see Edy in the first two rounds.

What a recruit. Unknown 3 star who scores 17+ against the #1 seed in the tournament. Simpson is a stud.

Last edited:
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Yesterday he seemed to learn to pull up and take short jumper, he forgot that in today’s second half. He’s young and will make better decisions going forward.
Team can rest up now and be ready for the tournament.
Kudos to our boys they fought like crazy but the bad offense takes a toll on me. Need to make the lay ups ! Need to make FTs !

It would great to see us play Purdue with neutral Refs.
These B1G Refs suck…. The foul differential called on Rutgers this year is beyond mind boggling.
It’s been a major issue for years. We are good now. Pike has to stop being Mr. nice guy. Can’t tolerate this crap anymore.

Again if you don't think the 2 fouls on Cliff in 3 seconds wasn't game changing not sure what to tell you. And they played better after that. And your a tough guy calling people pussies on a message board. I don't post often abut officiating and usually think it evens out but those 2 calls changed the game. And were not called the whole game
I never understood why officiating is some how off limits. Many times like today, it’s the most important factor in the game. It just is.

Not saying it wasn't. I am simply saying I don't think the refs are out to get us and purposely calling fouls on us to influence the game. That is insane. It is up to Cliff not to make stupid fouls, which he is very good at. Yet its the same posts game after game complaining about the refs as the reason we lose. Grow up

With Derek starting we kill Minnesota and NW is a much closer game. They can make the sweet 16 with this lineup. Won't see Edy in the first two rounds.

What a recruit. Unknown 3 star who scores 17+ against the #1 seed in the tournament. Simpson is a stud.
I hope/think you are right about Derek. Plus, we have not seen anything yet from Woolfolk...and we will. You could see things in both of them all the way back in that pre-season, charity game in November. They looked like they belonged...and you could tell that the upper classmen liked the kids...and vice versa. Pike's culture paying dividends, I guess...he must be a good guy to play for. GO RU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT