ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Open

obrats

Senior
Mar 28, 2013
Below wrestlers appear to be registered for the Princeton Open, no weights were listed. Lets hope they are all in the brackets Sunday Morning. I had hope to see Casale listed makes me wonder if Casale is traveling with the team or just not wrestling.

Devon Britton
Kyle Epperly
Eric Freeman
Max Hermes
Sabastino Nini
Joe Oliveri
John O'Donnell
Connor O'Neill
Hadyn Packer
Damian Weaver
Dylan Weaver

...makes me wonder if Casale is traveling with the team or just not wrestling.
Me too. There has been a deafening silence since last year.

Experience tells us that not all will show up. I'm hoping that Hermes and Packer will wrestle; I'm very curious how they'll do. Hermes is the only backup for Peterson and Packer is the next big hope at 197. Chletsos, Fongaro and Gayer should be wrestling at any opportunity, unless they're with the team as backups.

Below wrestlers appear to be registered for the Princeton Open, no weights were listed. Lets hope they are all in the brackets Sunday Morning. I had hope to see Casale listed makes me wonder if Casale is traveling with the team or just not wrestling.

Devon Britton
Kyle Epperly
Eric Freeman
Max Hermes
Sabastino Nini
Joe Oliveri
John O'Donnell
Connor O'Neill
Hadyn Packer
Damian Weaver
Dylan Weaver
No disrespect to any of these guys but situationally I don’t think this is a list you want to be on other than Olivieri while in redshirt. I would think anyone who could realistically get a crack in the lineup this year would be traveling to Cal Poly to serve as a backup or to wrestle in one of the two duals. Not looking good for Oneill moving forward.

I really hope Casale gets a match out in Cali or else his absence at the Princeton Open is very curious and troubling.

I really hope Casale gets a match out in Cali or else his absence at the Princeton Open is very curious and troubling.
Agreed. Something has felt really off about him dating back to his quiet and sudden transfer from Delbarton to Passaic Valley as a senior. If he’s not in Cali then I have no idea what’s going on with him.

Reactions: MS-RU
Agreed. Something has felt really off about him dating back to his quiet and sudden transfer from Delbarton to Passaic Valley as a senior. If he’s not in Cali then I have no idea what’s going on with him.
No Casale in the preview for this weekend, although they also have probables who are registered for the Princeton Open as well so I'm not sure how accurate everything is. Either way it's pretty concerning that after a redshirt year he isn't wrestling in a local open or traveling with them team unless he is injured. Hopefully things change, but not looking promising at the moment.

Last edited:
I think you are only allowed to bring 3 extra wrestlers on a road trip.
The team will travel to Cali with 16 wrestlers.
No Casale in the preview for this weekend, although they also have probables who are registered for the Princeton Open as well so I'm not sure how accurate everything is. Either way it's pretty concerning that after a redshirt year he isn't wrestling in a local open or traveling with them team unless he is injured. Hopefully things change, but not looking promising at the moment.
11 wrestlers will compete on Sunday

The team will travel with 15 wrestlers.
125-Peterson, Chletsos
133-Shawver
141- Moore, Fongaro
149-Butler, Cetta
157-DeSantis
165-White, Gayer
174-Turley, Cartagena-Walsh
184-Soldano
197-Poz
285-Yara
I said last spring that I heard a rumor that Desantis will be our 157 starter and Clark will redshirt. Does this lineup confirm that?

I said last spring that I heard a rumor that Desantis will be our 157 starter and Clark will redshirt. Does this lineup confirm that?
I dont think so,(but I am not an insider). But in Coach Goodale pre-season press conference 3 weeks ago he did say, "If the season started today, all our starters are ready except our 157 Andy Clark who is a little nicked up" So it sounds like he is the starter, but just not healthy.

125-Peterson, Chletsos
133-Shawver
141- Moore, Fongaro
149-Butler, Cetta
157-DeSantis
165-White, Gayer
184-Soldano
197-Poz
285-Yara
Excited to see a few of the younger names as back ups here.

125-Peterson, Chletsos
133-Shawver
141- Moore, Fongaro
149-Butler, Cetta
157-DeSantis
165-White, Gayer
184-Soldano
197-Poz
285-Yara
Interesting to see Chletsos wrestling at 125. He hasn't wrestled down at that weight since freshman/sophomore year of HS. He wrestled the last two years of HS at 132 and occasionally at 138 as well as 133 last year during his RS.

Devon Britton
Kyle Epperly
Eric Freeman
Max Hermes
Sabastino Nini
Joe Oliveri
John O'Donnell
Connor O'Neill
Hadyn Packer
Damian Weaver
Dylan Weaver
Looks like the scratches are Eric Freeman and Connor O’Neill. Unless I missed them.

Looks like the scratches are Eric Freeman and Connor O’Neill. Unless I missed them.
Seems like 4 guys from roster not wrestling that didnt go on the trip: Freeman, ONeill, Casale, and Toranzo unless I missed any of them.

I'm here. Hermes wrestling tough. Packer is a tank. Joey o just had an exciting win.
Was Olivieri's match closer than it should have been? I see it ended with a late pin. How'd he look?

I've been curious about how Hermes and Packer would do. They have both won two matches, Packer with an 18-1 TF. He's a muscle-wrestler and may be able to win another before bigger tests. He's going to be important as a successor to Poz. Hermes is wrestling up from where listed on the roster. Interestingly, Chletsos went to California as a backup for Peterson and was down two weights from where listed on the roster.

Was Olivieri's match closer than it should have been? I see it ended with a late pin. How'd he look?

I've been curious about how Hermes and Packer would do. They have both won two matches, Packer with an 18-1 TF. He's a muscle-wrestler and may be able to win another before bigger tests. He's going to be important as a successor to Poz. Hermes is wrestling up from where listed on the roster. Interestingly, Chletsos went to California as a backup for Peterson and was down two weights from where listed on the roster.
Joey o had a close match before the fall. Was tied. However, had a beautiful single early on and def should have scored. His next matches he came on much stronger.

Packer is an absolute unit. Has a really good upper body tie and underhook. Just powerful. Looks like one of p4p strongest on the team and a huge frame.
Can imagine by playing football and wrestling in high school he is a real diamond in the rough here. Has a physical toolset, can't wait to see him keep developing his technique.

High schooler, Marcus Blaze , knocks off fellow high schooler Jax Forrest, and then takes out #1 ranked college wrestler Ramos… LOL guess he’s def college ready..
That’s wild. Is he committed yet? I’m assuming he’ll be an Ohio St kid

Reactions: Leonard23
High schooler, Marcus Blaze , knocks off fellow high schooler Jax Forrest, and then takes out #1 ranked college wrestler Ramos… LOL guess he’s def college ready..
Are we recruiting Blaze? We should be focusing on him now that Knox went elsewhere. Does he want to stay in Ohio or wrestle with his brother at Purdue?
V Santaniello took out one of the best wrestlers in the country at 33 Bouzakis Ohio st 11-4. Now he has the High Schooler Bo Bassett in the finals
Wow, did not see that coming. We may have missed out on a really good one 😞

Reactions: brentx35
Video of Blaze taking out Ramos on Facebook in the Wrestlers Only!!! and TWI groups. Just ffwd to last 2 minutes. Crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteras9144
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT