ADVERTISEMENT

National Collegiate Open / Recruits Update

njsportsphan

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2021
-133 Chletsos - DNP went 2-2
-141 Hermes -took 3rd (lost to Mougalian in semis). Went 3-1
-149 Nini - DNP 1-2 (won by injury default)
-184 Walsh - took 1st. 3-0
-197 Colucci - DNP went 0-2 (lost to Toranzo in consis)
-197 Toranzo - went 4-1 , took 3rd
-HWT O'Donnell - went 2-1, took 2nd

H.S.

-Ayden Smith and Tahir Parkins win their brackets in D11. Smith won OW
- Connor Harer wins D4. Breaks the all time D4 win record.
- Nini, Wehner and Chapman win their region bracket
- Andrew Barbosa took 2nd in California. Lost in 2nd tiebreaker 3-2

If I missed anyone, please add to the thread.

Last edited:
I don't want to take away from the recruit thread, but we've got some really good kids heading here!

Reactions: RUpop
Good for SCW. Stunned at how good he’s become after a pedestrian high school career relative to Big 10 prospect status
Yeah, a pleasant surprise for sure. The rooms is going to get competitive from 157-174 finally. He competed at 184, but was 174 earlier in the year. Should be interesting to see how things shape up over the next few years, especially if Turley comes back for another year.

To be fair/transparent this weekend he beat an un-rostered wrestler who is 2-6 this year vs D1 & D2 competition, a 7-8 backup from Columbia, and 8-6 backup at the Naval academy so it wasn't exactly a murders row. I'm happy he's out performing his original expectations but he is no where near ready to contribute in the B1G. Hopefully he can continue to develop and show promise. Definitely routing for him.

Nate Blanchette won another MA state title as well

New England Wrestling Championships - March 1-2​

Watch the CNESSPA New England Wrestling Championships LIVE on FloWrestling. Archives will also be available immediately following the conclusion of each match.

CNESSPA New England Wrestling Championship brackets will be available on FloArena.

To be fair/transparent this weekend he beat an un-rostered wrestler who is 2-6 this year vs D1 & D2 competition, a 7-8 backup from Columbia, and 8-6 backup at the Naval academy so it wasn't exactly a murders row. I'm happy he's out performing his original expectations but he is no where near ready to contribute in the B1G. Hopefully he can continue to develop and show promise. Definitely routing for him.
Wasn’t the NCO a pretty prestigious tournament for redshirts? What happened

Wasn’t the NCO a pretty prestigious tournament for redshirts? What happened
People are just competing less overall these day and now that redshirts can wrestle attached for 5 duals\tournaments, it definitely lessens the need for all of the these open tournaments unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT