ADVERTISEMENT

Pritzlaff

I used to know Frank pretty well, haven’t talked to him in some time though. Years ago when he was in the Rutgers room he said the intensity was nowhere near what he needed it to be for him to further his wrestling career, which is why he left pretty shortly after.

The fact that he’s interviewing here after stints at V Tech and Arizona St show the progress this program has made over the last 10 years or so. He’d definitely be a great addition to the staff and he’s a NJ legend that would attract a ton of in state talent.

I used to know Frank pretty well, haven’t talked to him in some time though. Years ago when he was in the Rutgers room he said the intensity was nowhere near what he needed it to be for him to further his wrestling career, which is why he left pretty shortly after.

The fact that he’s interviewing here after stints at V Tech and Arizona St show the progress this program has made over the last 10 years or so. He’d definitely be a great addition to the staff and he’s a NJ legend that would attract a ton of in state talent.
I remember Frank when he was with Rutgers. He was a young man trying to figure out how to be a coach and a senior level wrestler. He struggled at both so he decided to concentrate on competing at the senior level.

I know who they are, but I wonder how others would compare them with Donny. ?
Kids nowadays probably only know Donnie as a coach , they were little little kids or not born when he was competing , Molinaro atleast locally has more name recognition and is similar in accomplishments to Pritzlaff…4 x AA national champ, with a another runner up finish to Dake and made the bronze medal match of the Olympics and lost by 1 on some questionable calls , frank would be a good get but I personally think if you wanna take the next step you guys have to go get a Zain type guy but I think frank will atleast keep the momentum in recruiting you guys have currently

Kids nowadays probably only know Donnie as a coach , they were little little kids or not born when he was competing , Molinaro atleast locally has more name recognition and is similar in accomplishments to Pritzlaff…4 x AA national champ, with a another runner up finish to Dake and made the bronze medal match of the Olympics and lost by 1 on some questionable calls , frank would be a good get but I personally think if you wanna take the next step you guys have to go get a Zain type guy but I think frank will atleast keep the momentum in recruiting you guys have currently
Interesting and well appreciated viewpoint. I think I focus more on Donnie as he is (was) here. I don't hear much about Molinaro in the present day, but if you say he's the hotter name, I'll go with it as you wade deeper than me on these topics.

Interesting and well appreciated viewpoint. I think I focus more on Donnie as he is (was) here. I don't hear much about Molinaro in the present day, but if you say he's the hotter name, I'll go with it as you wade deeper than me on these topics.
Richie Figs gave Molinaro a lot of credit in his development as has Kyle Parco , idk if it’s the hotter name but it’s a more recent one and even though he’s bounced around since college he still has some of that penn state inside knowledge , bring some of those secret training techniques to NJ like Taylor is doing down in OK. Not to mention Molinaro is a NJ legend in my opinion plus an added bonus Molinaro has a few kids and from what I heard they are following in his foot steps and are little animals, looking like future ncaa champs

I remember Frank when he was with Rutgers. He was a young man trying to figure out how to be a coach and a senior level wrestler. He struggled at both so he decided to concentrate on competing at the senior level.
Richie Figs gave Molinaro a lot of credit in his development as has Kyle Parco , idk if it’s the hotter name but it’s a more recent one and even though he’s bounced around since college he still has some of that penn state inside knowledge , bring some of those secret training techniques to NJ like Taylor is doing down in OK. Not to mention Molinaro is a NJ legend in my opinion plus an added bonus Molinaro has a few kids and from what I heard they are following in his foot steps and are little animals, looking like future ncaa champs
Seems he's grown then, as it didn't seem great here the 1st time, as indicated above.
what is "RT" and who is 'Richie' ?
Our Round Table premium board. He's the publisher of the site.

Outside the box idea but Darrion Caldwell is done fighting and back to coaching wrestling in Florida currently owns a club with 3x ncaa champ Greg jones but I know Caldwell did a year an nc state as a volunteer asst. trying to break into the college ranks so maybe he could be lured back

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Thanks, that is what I was hoping to see. Now look at SCNJ's post. That's about what we can expect from him. And he even got a couple of giggles.

I predicted a net loss, and I hope to be wrong. It's important to understand the impact of whoever is chosen. A NJ guy that will draw NJ wrestlers? I thought there was a conclusion that we had to recruit outside of Jersey. I think either Molinaro or Scott will be good assistant coaches. I don't think either will improve the program over Pritzlaff unless they come with something new to offer and can affect change. Would a guy like Scott come as an assistant after being head coach at NC? If so, and given what happened at OSU, I would think he'd want some assurances and a timeline. Basically, anyone who would give us a real pop will have difficulty accepting the position without a look into the future. There is no chance of getting a name like Taylor or anyone close to that. The real opportunity will be missed, as I have predicted. BUT, whoever comes, we'll hear from the gigglers how great it is.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to see. Now look at SCNJ's post. That's about what we can expect from him. And he even got a couple of giggles.

I predicted a net loss, and I hope to be wrong. It's important to understand the impact of whoever is chosen. A NJ guy that will draw NJ wrestlers? I thought there was a conclusion that we had to recruit outside of Jersey. I think either Molinaro or Scott will be good assistant coaches. I don't think either will improve the program over Pritzlaff unless they come with something new to offer and can affect change. Would a guy like Scott come as an assistant after being head coach at NC? If so, and given what happened at OSU, I would think he'd want some assurances and a timeline. Basically, anyone who would give us a real pop will have difficulty accepting the position without a look into the future. There is no chance of getting a name like Taylor or anyone close to that. The real opportunity will be missed, as I have predicted. BUT, whoever comes, we'll hear from the gigglers how great it is.
I’m not sure you can get an equivalent replacement for Pritzlaff if he takes Sebastian which some are predicting.

James Green is currently an assistant at Nebraska and went to high school in NJ. Wonder if he’s a name that could be considered. Would be a great guy for our lower/middle weights to roll with with Donnie gone. He’s also doing some clinics mid July in Somerville so maybe he came home a little early to visit?

I’m not sure you can get an equivalent replacement for Pritzlaff if he takes Sebastian which some are predicting.
If what's being discussed on the Round Table on who's in discussion is true and comes to fruition, you won't miss Donnie and Sebastian one bit. If this comes to be, in my mind, Goodale is God and should never be questioned.

If what's being discussed on the Round Table on who's in discussion is true and comes to fruition, you won't miss Donnie and Sebastian one bit. If this comes to be, in my mind, Goodale is God and should never be questioned.
I would love to be wrong with the guys you’re talking about!

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Some of the insiders who haven't posted in a while are posting on the Round Table. If they are correct, the two names they are discussing will turn the program around. If true, it will be a wild ride. Giddy Up !

Reactions: koleszar
they took the wife to dinner at the shore last night for seafood and she was stuffed.

so almost 'gold flakes'. very smart move.

selling the wife is key. ;)

Reactions: CollegeFBfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT