ADVERTISEMENT

Pritzlaff

So, on the latest TKR podcast Richie O. noted that a B1G associate head coach was the big fish. Here are the current B1G associate head coaches per the school's wrestling websites:

Cody Sanderson (PSU)
J Jaegers (OSU)
Chris Williams (MSU)
Mike Dixon (Indiana)
Terry Brands (Iowa)
Jon Reader (Wisconsin)
Bryan Snyder (Nebraska)

Some very interesting names. You guys do the math.

Why would Snyder leave Nebraska, a school he wrestled for and has coached many national champions and all americans, for the same position at Rutgers? Just because he's from Easton PA?

If what's being discussed on the Round Table on who's in discussion is true and comes to fruition, you won't miss Donnie and Sebastian one bit. If this comes to be, in my mind, Goodale is God and should never be questioned.
Who were you thinking about? Snyder is a good candidate but not a God-like get or one that might result in a Goodale statue. Were you thinking of Burroughs?

Why would Snyder leave Nebraska, a school he wrestled for and has coached many national champions and all americans, for the same position at Rutgers? Just because he's from Easton PA?
Slow down with the “coached many national champs” talk, he’s coached exactly 1 national champ and that was Burroughs senior year and no offense to the Nebraska staff but most of this forum could’ve coached JB to the title that season …in fact Goodale has coached more national champs then Synder …I like Synder I think he’s great would be a huge get for y’all but let’s not give unjust credit to that garbage pale kids program

Slow down with the “coached many national champs” talk, he’s coached exactly 1 national champ and that was Burroughs senior year and no offense to the Nebraska staff but most of this forum could’ve coached JB to the title that season …in fact Goodale has coached more national champs then Synder …I like Synder I think he’s great would be a huge get for y’all but let’s not give unjust credit to that garbage pale kids program
One national champ, 4 runner ups and about 40 all americans over his time there. You get the point.

@Psufan2427
Who do you think would be a better fit for RU?
Obviously, Cody and Terry would not leave their brothers.
Realistically, is there anyone better out there

Last edited:
Snyder would be a good hire but he doesn’t move the needle much for me, essentially just a younger Pritzlaff and in reality is a net loss when you factor in Rivera leaving as well.

The way some in the know have described the person in question, I’d been getting my hopes up for a Burroughs type of name. Maybe one brings the other but otherwise it’s sort of status quo from my perspective.

yeah...I saw that on the RT earlier and was giddy...

I assumed bill's post suggested that the wife might be having 2nd thoughts...hope my read is wrong! (wouldn't be the first time today!! LOL)
Yeah, NJ is not one of the states people are drawn to; it is quite the opposite. However, Mr. Cornhusker would be closer to home. When it comes down to the decision, was the seafood really that good?

yeah...I saw that on the RT earlier and was giddy...

I assumed bill's post suggested that the wife might be having 2nd thoughts...hope my read is wrong! (wouldn't be the first time today!! LOL)
I think his wife had a nice visit. I don't think he would take the visit if he wasn't serious about the job. Goodale has spoken to Burroughs about the job. Burroughs isn't looking to coach.

Snyder would be a good hire but he doesn’t move the needle much for me, essentially just a younger Pritzlaff and in reality is a net loss when you factor in Rivera leaving as well.

The way some in the know have described the person in question, I’d been getting my hopes up for a Burroughs type of name. Maybe one brings the other but otherwise it’s sort of status quo from my perspective.
OMG, I find myself agreeing with SCNJ. I'll check my vitals.

Snyder would be a good hire. After slipping into the head role, he could bring in someone really good as an assistant. His relationship with Burroughs increases that possibility considerably, and then there shouldn't be any complaints about coaching. There are limits to who Goodale can attract without a short timeline for advancement to the head job. Snyder is probably the best that can be expected. Someone at JB's level will not work under Goodale. However, I could see JB coming to work under Snyder. If I've been wrong, I'll have to reevaluate my understanding of human psychology.

Reactions: LETSGORU91

Who said Rivera is leaving

@Psufan2427
Who do you think would be a better fit for RU?
Obviously, Cody and Terry would not leave their brothers.
Realistically, is there anyone better out there
I’m not saying Synder is a bad fit , I think he’s a great fit and at worst keeps up the recruiting momentum u guys have going in PA and no drop off from Donnie leaving , i was just saying let’s not act like Nebraska is a power house building national champs, manning is one of the biggest babies and fraud of a coach ..3 NJ guys built that entire program , Vince Jones going there is what got JB to Nebraska and JB is what got green take away those 3 Nebraska is no different then Wisconsin

Reactions: Bobbynieds
I'm not sure I understand the associate head coach position. If it is about setting up a succession plan, how did that not happen with Pritzlaff? And why is Snyder leaving if he is setup with that where he is and with an older head coach? How is Rutgers any better if the former associate head coach left without ever actualizing the position?

I understand some fans might be excited about the networking possibilities with both the Nebraska team and the fertile recruiting grounds in Pennsylvania and I'm not questioning any of that. I'm simply asking what the title means? What is an Associate Head Coach?

I'm not sure I understand the associate head coach position. If it is about setting up a succession plan, how did that not happen with Pritzlaff? And why is Snyder leaving if he is setup with that where he is and with an older head coach? How is Rutgers any better if the former associate head coach left without ever actualizing the position?

I understand some fans might be excited about the networking possibilities with both the Nebraska team and the fertile recruiting grounds in Pennsylvania and I'm not questioning any of that. I'm simply asking what the title means? What is an Associate Head Coach?
Associate Head Coach is not about a succession plan(95% of time). This has been one of the Biggest Myths on this board for years, that Coach Goodale would step down and be given a job in the Athletic Dept. and Pritzlaff would take over.

An Associate Head Coach is a title created so Universities could pay their Associate Head Coach a lot more money than a traditional asst. Coach. A lot of Associate Head Coaches at Big programs make more money than Head coaches at other Universities.

This has been one of the Biggest Myths on this board for years,

I'd say this myth isn't just about this board or community but more widely spread and seems to be a general misconception.

Thanks for the explanation. So it's about recognizing extraordinary assistants' experience and expertise with compensation and title beyond that of an assistant. Sometimes the obvious answer is elusive.

With no handoffs in the equation, I wonder what makes Rutgers a more attractive destination than Nebraska?

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT