ADVERTISEMENT

Pritzlaff

anybody know any of the names being considered?

I hope Rutgers finds some outside blood. The upside of new ideas and approaches could outweigh the safety of hiring from within.

Last edited:
Is it odd that Donnie is still in the room as of 3 days ago?

My experience of dealing with people that have moved on voluntarily or involuntarily is to deny access immediately. (Finance). Sorry I get he’s a good guy but I have seen many a good guy poach in my lifetime. Too much risk in my opinion. Ability to have access poach staff, athletes and recruits.
Sports is a unique field. While you won’t see companies like Coke and Pepsi working together, you will see coaches and athletes from different teams working to make each other better. That’s why you also see Yianni in there despite the fact that he trains with and represents Cornell who is a more direct competitor than Columbia

And the wife wins once again. At least I don't have to start believing in Santa Claus again. I'm back to not being very optimistic, assistants have not been flocking here recently.
Good for you to be optimistic. I tend to base my expectations on history, but no one cares what I think 😕 I'm sticking with my prediction in post #45 on page two of this thread. I will apologize if I'm wrong—yes, I will—but don't hold your breath. The current approach can only provide what Mikey already said: "Not an upgrade. Nobody can replace Donny. But the next hire will be solid".
Surely you realize that Mikey and his giggle bros are the Joe Scarborough of Rutgers propaganda.

Think about it. What high-level coach will come and work under Goodale? And if a high-level guy isn't hired but is given a succession promise, we don't get a big-name coach to succeed Goodale. If Hobbs had any balls (I don't think he does), he'd make Goodale Coach Emeritus and make two hires consistent with advancing the program. Right now, the approach looks to be extending the status quo at best. Opportunity missed. Of course, this isn't what Mikey Scarborough wants you to believe.

Sports is a unique field. While you won’t see companies like Coke and Pepsi working together, you will see coaches and athletes from different teams working to make each other better. That’s why you also see Yianni in there despite the fact that he trains with and represents Cornell who is a more direct competitor than Columbia
I get it played basketball and would regularly play with others from different schools. Best competition you can find. But usually did this without coaching. Different with all star teams. But coaches generally frown on people entering their facilities. Specifically one that just left for another position.

Guess wrestling is different.need to regularly train with people outside of your room with coaches present.

Also odd that goody isn’t in that pic!

Last edited:
Reactions: rufeelinit
I get it played basketball and would regularly play with others from different schools. Best competition you can find. But usually did this without coaching. Different with all star teams. But coaches generally frown on people entering their facilities. Specifically one that just left for another position.

Guess wrestling is different.need to regularly train with people outside of your room with coaches present.

Also odd that goody isn’t in that pic!
Goodie had camp this week. It's about getting Seb ready for Paris.

Goodie had camp this week. It's about getting Seb ready for Paris.
Where was the camp? Not at the home of RU wrestling? Again not trying to make this an issue. Goody has always been known as a good guy but some times good guys get taking advantage of. To be caught with your pants down losing the heir apparent and allowing that person to advertise in your building with a photo op with an Olympian and a world champ is a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Where was the camp? Not at the home of RU wrestling? Again not trying to make this an issue. Goody has always been known as a good guy but some times good guys get taking advantage of. To be caught with your pants down losing the heir apparent and allowing that person to advertise in your building is a problem.
It was at the college ave gym, I believe they held another camp in their room or the rac last week

Where was the camp? Not at the home of RU wrestling? Again not trying to make this an issue. Goody has always been known as a good guy but some times good guys get taking advantage of. To be caught with your pants down losing the heir apparent and allowing that person to advertise in your building with a photo op with an Olympian and a world champ is a problem.
You’re creating problems in your head that aren’t real in practice

You’re creating problems in your head that aren’t real in practice
I hope that’s all it is. I don’t like the optics and the continued difficulty in attracting top quality marquee names assistants.

Our wrestlers are really talented and have great potential. We have 4 All Americans returning this year and the team can be one of best ever. Our wrestlers deserve an outstanding All American coach to join the staff and train them. In the last couple of years at least three accomplished All Americans were asked to join the staff and turned Coach Goodale down. Those mentioned on this forum were Zach Rey, Nate Jackson, and Bryan Sander. We also lost Pritzalff and Ashnault as well as Leonardis as head of the SKWC. While there may be a valid reason for a person leaving or saying no to an offer, when it happens multiple times there is a pattern. Hopefully Rivera or Buxton don't leave after the Olympics. They add a lot of value to the team and are great role models for our wrestlers. Our wrestlers deserve a chance to reach to their potential. An outstanding All American with quality credentials is needed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Our wrestlers are really talented and have great potential. We have 4 All Americans returning this year and the team can be one of best ever. Our wrestlers deserve an outstanding All American coach to join the staff and train them. In the last couple of years at least three accomplished All Americans were asked to join the staff and turned Coach Goodale down. Those mentioned on this forum were Zach Rey, Nate Jackson, and Bryan Sander. We also lost Pritzalff and Ashnault as well as Leonardis as head of the SKWC. While there may be a valid reason for a person leaving or saying no to an offer, when it happens multiple times there is a pattern. Hopefully Rivera or Buxton don't leave after the Olympics. They add a lot of value to the team and are great role models for our wrestlers. Our wrestlers deserve a chance to reach to their potential. An outstanding All American with quality credentials is needed.
Welcome back. Are you sure AA is enough? Maybe it is; I think Snyder had two runner-up finishes, which is as close as you get. Doesn't it depend on whether or not the hire is intended to be Goodale's successor? What credentials do you want for the next head coach? I would think the next coach should have credentials equal to or better than the competition, that is, if there is serious interest in advancing the program. If they settle for someone that will be "solid", quoting Mikey, it won't advance the program. The kids there now, especially the recent recruits who came with the understanding that Donny would be there, deserve better.

Ashnault leaving the assistant job and going to another club for better training (aka a different environment), then going to Princeton was bad enough, but losing Donny with the possibility of Rivera too, is tragic. Buxton is also valuable. We know what is needed, but what do you expect will happen? I predicted on page two of this thread. I'll apologize for low expectations if I'm wrong.

The camp in College Ave was from Monday thru Thursday for 5th grade thru high school. Scott has 3 or 4 backup plans if Snyder did not accept. I don’t think you give Goody credit for getting a top flight coach like Donny here as an assistant for the past 10 years.
Credit given. So far, it's a one-off. I stand by my prediction until proven wrong.

Pl
Welcome back. Are you sure AA is enough? Maybe it is; I think Snyder had two runner-up finishes, which is as close as you get. Doesn't it depend on whether or not the hire is intended to be Goodale's successor? What credentials do you want for the next head coach? I would think the next coach should have credentials equal to or better than the competition, that is, if there is serious interest in advancing the program. If they settle for someone that will be "solid", quoting Mikey, it won't advance the program. The kids there now, especially the recent recruits who came with the understanding that Donny would be there, deserve better.

Ashnault leaving the assistant job and going to another club for better training (aka a different environment), then going to Princeton was bad enough, but losing Donny with the possibility of Rivera too, is tragic. Buxton is also valuable. We know what is needed, but what do you expect will happen? I predicted on page two of this thread. I'll apologize for low expectations if I'm wrong.
pessimistically - thanks for the welcome. I don’t enjoy the forum when posters are disrespectful to other posters. I believe we all want the best for our team and being negative to posters who have a different opinion is something I try to avoid. I believe the coach and athletic department are fair game as they are exceedingly well paid to do their job.

I believe we need an All American credentialed coach as we are the only Big Ten team that currently lacks one. Most Big Ten teams have 2 to 4. It helps with recruiting and enables the kids to learn from and get the feel of how an All American trains and competes. The coach does not need to be a national Champ and every coach doesn’t need to be an AA.

If we had hired Synder, I would have been pumped. He developed, recruited, and trained Burroughs, James Green, Mikey Labriola. and others. Synder was a 4 time All American, two time runner-up, holds a PhD, and is from the Lehigh Valley. The bar was set really high with Synder. Hopefully, Coach Goodale can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Current expectations are really high.

Reactions: elvis7
Great job Goodie, Steve M and Joe P

4. Rutgers
Recruits:
#26 Conner Harer: Montgomery, PA (165), #32 Nate Blanchette: Central Catholic, MA (184), #34 Ayden Smith: Notre Dame-Green Pond, PA (125), #40 Andrew Barbosa: Palm Desert, CA (157), #53 Mason Gibson: Bishop McCort, PA (125/133), #117 Alex Nini: Christian Brothers, NJ (141), #183 Ryan Ford: Bergen Catholic, NJ (157), #206 Kurt Wehner: Donovan Catholic, NJ (125), NR Donovan DiStefano: Wall Township, NJ (149), NR Brandon Toranzo: Nutley, NJ (285), NR Nick Villani: Bernards, NJ (141/149)

Not a bad haul eh Mike?
It’s a great class but some of the rankings are a little shakey.. for example, Blanchette is no longer ranked on flo for some reason..(inj?). And Ayden Smith went from #2 in his weight class to like #18 once he moved up weights..

It’s a great class but some of the rankings are a little shakey.. for example, Blanchette is no longer ranked on flo for some reason..(inj?). And Ayden Smith went from #2 in his weight class to like #18 once he moved up weights..
Flo is awful on HS rankings. Willie Saylor is much better. They moved Smith up a weight after he entered the Freestyle tournament where the lightest weight was 125....he wrestled the state championship at 113, that is where his final rankings should have been.

The camp in College Ave was from Monday thru Thursday for 5th grade thru high school. Scott has 3 or 4 backup plans if Snyder did not accept. I don’t think you give Goody credit for getting a top flight coach like Donny here as an assistant for the past 10 years.

Bill,

Any insight on who is plan B?

Does Chance Marsteller want to coach?
Trying to think out of the box....

Seems like he has turned his life around and is a solid person

Chance is a great guy and a phenomenal coach for the kids he coaches but the man has had multiple bouts with serious addiction in the past decade
Do you really want to put all your eggs in that basket when the bottom can easily fall out?
Hes still competing so his full focus won’t be coaching just yet
He is more of a slow paced quiet PA guy idk if he fits in NJ
NJ is probably not the place to drop a recovering addict ,he hasn’t been clean that long and had a serious serious addiction , there is a reason that an overwhelming number of people getting clean have to leave NJ, bc no matter where you are in the state drugs are readily available bc you are never more then 40 or so minutes away from a city ,most places even closer

Reactions: Bobbynieds
If

If you re looking for outside the box Kolin Moore retired today , he seems like a perfect fit, you guys desperately need a high level coach to push Soldano, Poz and Slav in the room everyday and he can draw in RTC guys as well bc he’s a high level freestyler

If

If you re looking for outside the box Kolin Moore retired today , he seems like a perfect fit, you guys desperately need a high level coach to push Soldano, Poz and Slav in the room everyday and he can draw in RTC guys as well bc he’s a high level freestyler

Thought I read he was staying with Ohio State's club..

Plus, hiring Seabass leaves the Associate Head coach position open for a bit if we can't get our man this time.
I would be good with Coleman as associate head coach but not sure if there is anyone else that could fill that role available.

Molinaro is at ASU as a coach.
Do you think he would move the needle?

Plus, hiring Seabass leaves the Associate Head coach position open for a bit if we can't get our man this time.
I would be good with Coleman as associate head coach but not sure if there is anyone else that could fill that role available.

Molinaro is at ASU as a coach.
Do you think he would move the needle?
A combination of Scott and Seabass would be cool

Reactions: gogs7
A combination of Seb and ? will help this team. I hope Seb takes the job. Scott isn't an option
At this point I hope he takes the job too as it doesn’t sound like we have any other options.
If he doesn’t, and decides to continue training, then? Continue to hope in one hand and shit in the other and we can see which one fills up faster

Reactions: koleszar
One month and 2 days since the Donnie news. I hope goody is working on a home run hire

I'm definately tempering my expectations. With it dragging out like this I'm not expecting an exciting hire.
What do we know?

I believe from what we have heard. Scott, Molinaro and Snyder were interviewed/considered with Snyder being the top target. Snyder declined and now apparently Scott is. It an option and they are all in on Seabass.

This seems to be all of the information or speculation rather that we have to go by

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What do we know?

I believe from what we have heard. Scott, Molinaro and Snyder were interviewed/considered with Snyder being the top target. Snyder declined and now apparently Scott is. It an option and they are all in on Seabass.

This seems to be all of the information or speculation rather that we have to go by
So they are now pushing for their 4th option with no guarantee of that even?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT