ADVERTISEMENT

Pritzlaff

So we've got,

Labriola
Kermerer
McFadden

We were just poking around Nebraska so by process of deduction Labriola would be my bet. McFadden would have been good, has 3yrs coaching experience at Drexel and now Cornell just picked him up as a volunteer assistant. But like we all know in Cornell land he's probably getting paid in some type of work around.

Last edited:
I think the Nebraska connection may be good. Perhaps he was part of a package deal with Snyder...
But Mikey is NJ right?
I was going with PA and i know Kemerer was in same high school as Spencer Lee...

McFadden is another good choice

EDIT: Mikey L is from Easton...., there you go..puzzle pieces fit

Last edited:
Dont love it if it’s Labriola. Yeah he has B10 experience and was an AA but no coaching or recruiting experience or resume. Very little if any International Experience or really Senior Level experience. With our resources would think we could do better. Start the giggles but we should expect more IMO after losing a coach with the credentials of Pritzlaff. Doesn’t seem like there was much of a succession plan in place which anyone with any business experience knows is essential. Not a hater at all but we should expect more. Yeah we tried on Snyder and thats great but at end of day we didnt get him and should have Plan B’s and C’s.

Only way this is an OK hire is if we keep Rivera or add someone of similar caliber for lower weights and spread Pritzlaff $ across multiple coaches.

Last edited:
Great guy to get in the room and on the mat. He was creative and competitive; very fun to watch.

I think some fans wildly underestimated what Pritzlaff brought to the team. It's not fair to blame any hires for that though. New blood from the outside and from a program with consistently good results is exciting. This doesn't look like a replacement for Pritzlaff regardless. That position remains open, right?

Reactions: Bobbynieds
I am not sure anyone underestimated what Donny Brought.
He is a program maker which is what he will be doing at Columbia.

I imagine the potential new hire is NOT a replacement.
It looks like RU is going to leave associate hire until next year.
If they could hire 2 AA's this year, it will hold them over until next year(it will have too)

I really like the hire to add Labriola to staff...Bringing in a Bethlehem Catholic, Pennsylvania and University of Nebraska Legend is a great move. I think it will be a boost to our upper weights and recruiting in the Keystone State ( by far the best HS wrestling state in the USA). Our Upper Weights should all be in the running for 2025 All-American Honors Again!

His NCAA career as a Cornhusker was Great
Only 5x All-American in Nebraska History
NCAA Finalist
120-28 record

Welcome to The Banks and RU Wrestling Mikey Labriola!!

Let's Go RU!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT