ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue - UVA

Watching the single greatest performance by any player in the history of the NCAA a tournament. The only player I’ve ever seen shoot like this is Stephen Curry in the playoffs last year

Incredible game. Shooting lights out on both sides, but Edwards is just special - half of his treys have been from 25+ feet. Purdue just took back the lead. Gonna be a fun last few minutes...

And thats why i hate fouling

Just play it out and play good D on a 3 pt attempt

But they fouled with 5.9 seconds left, leaving too much time after the miss on the 2nd foul; most who recommend fouling there say to do so with 3-4 seconds left. I think Purdue just didn't play good D after UVA got the ball back.

Who is the guy raving about Chris Webber color? Blatant homer. Unlistenable.

What’s more likely to happen , hitting a three which these kids do all the time or a backtap off a miss free throw into the backcourt , a bullet pass then a ten foot teardrop as time expires

I am always consistent...make them hit the 3..play your D..at worst its tied but you can actually lose...strange things happen in games. I always worry about missed free throws and then they hit a 3 to win

Absolute best game ever, ends with one of the worst play calls ever. You have a guy who has hit 12 three pointers tonight and 10 of them from half court, and you’re down 3 points, and your play call is to have him pass the ball away with 1.5 seconds left. Are you an idiot

Absolute best game ever, ends with one of the worst play calls ever. You have a guy who has hit 12 three pointers tonight and 10 of them from half court, and you’re down 3 points, and your play call is to have him pass the ball away with 1.5 seconds left. Are you an idiot

Painter isnt always the brightest bulb...needed an extra pass in their somewhere...edwards in tight quarters aling the sideline...there was 5.7...thats an eternity to get him a 3...just bad set up

Reactions: RUonBrain
But they fouled with 5.9 seconds left, leaving too much time after the miss on the 2nd foul; most who recommend fouling there say to do so with 3-4 seconds left. I think Purdue just didn't play good D after UVA got the ball back.

I wonder if the miss was intentional andvplan to tip back. I agree alot of Purdue guys standing around watching the ball

Great game. Bennett is lucky he got away with keeping Hunter on the bench for the final minutes of regulation.

I wonder if the miss was intentional andvplan to tip back. I agree alot of Purdue guys standing around watching the ball

That miss did not look intentional all. They just got very lucky there. Which is fine since Purdue got very lucky with a bank in three.

That might be the best half of basketball I've seen in maybe 20 years. A game where you genuinely feel bad that someone had to lose.

Unbelievable.

Terrific game. Also shows the ridiculousness of giving the ACC 3 No. 1 seeds. Purdue as a 3 seed was every bit as worthy as UVA. The notion that one power conference deserved 3 one seeds borders on corrupt. There is simply not enough conference v. conference data to suggest that the ACC was so superior. In fact, the Big10 v. ACC challenge suggested otherwise.

What’s more likely to happen , hitting a three which these kids do all the time or a backtap off a miss free throw into the backcourt , a bullet pass then a ten foot teardrop as time expires
-----
I always preferred trying to play defense knowing the other team has to hit the three.

Fouling can be done too early, as we have seen..... you can lose on a four point play, a foul shot, then the miss backed tapped and a three is hit

Maybe, just maybe, if the team ahead can keep their cool and not foul till there is one second left. But in the chaos of an end game there is always a chance they do it too soon

What a game

Edwards deserves to be most outstanding player for the region

Maybe even the entire tourney for that Four game rub
One of the BEST games I've ever seen in the tournament, or any game period. I feel really bad for Ryan Cline. If he hits that second FT the game more than likely is over. I really like UVA and coach Bennett, a class act. But I have to say I was rooting for Purdue and the B1G. I really thought Purdue was going to pull it out.

Just a very exciting game played with such passion and intensity by both teams.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Game deserved Edwards to hit another 3 at the end to tie it and go to another OT.

One thing with Edwards dominating so much, the rest of the team just stands around and watches, they needed some more action inside. Great game, could have watched another OT, especially if the outcome was better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT