ADVERTISEMENT

Football QB Noah Vedral commits to Rutgers

Was also on the UCF undefeated team. Was the backup and saw some playing time. Finally we can turn the page at the QB position!

Reactions: beaced
giphy.gif

Good addition adding depth. Should be quite a battle between him and Sit.

Looks to be potentially the best fit for the offense we’re likely to run. Shiftier, faster than Langan with a much livelier arm. He might be the guy, though I wouldn’t count Art out yet.

Noah comes from a very athletic family. His Dad and many uncles all played football at Nebraska. He was an all-State basketball player in Nebraska’s third largest class. He’s very smart on the field. He just couldn’t beat out Adrian Martinez and they are too close in age for him to stay at Nebraska. He’s well respected here and I’m excited for him. Many at Nebraska didn’t want him to leave.

Here is his best game as a Husker.

Last edited:
Noah comes from a very athletic family. His Dad and many uncles all played football at Nebraska. He was an all-State basketball player in Nebraska’s third largest class. He’s very smart on the field. He just couldn’t beat our Adrian Martinez and they are too close in age for him to stay at Nebraska. He’s well respected here and I’m excited for him. Many at Nebraska didn’t want him to leave.

Here is his best game as a Husker.

Thanks!

And that’s former Scarlet Knight Jared Smoler with the kickoff to start that game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
.......Insert the obligatory:

90 minutes ago tOSU's Joe Burrow announced he was leaving as a grad transfer. I would suppose Nebraska is an option but as Scott Frost told me last month, "You think he's better than what we got?"

so, we're golden now!

comment..............

Sounds like he doesn’t remind you of Chas Dodd at all.
I honestly don’t think RU has had a QB with Vedral’s skill set. Just for fun I’m gonna go with Steve Young’s accuracy and mobility with a young Rich Gannon’s body and limited arm strength.

Great move! this guy got two more years, and i can see him getting better and better under coach Gleeson! :Chop banana:

Reminds me of Chas Dodd...but taller, faster, more accurate and an even better slinger of the ball. He can get rid of it in a hurry...
Wait.. reminds you of Chase Dodd?
But then go on to say he's nothing like him? I don't get it.

Wait.. reminds you of Chase Dodd?
But then go on to say he's nothing like him? I don't get it.

I guess I’m saying if you design routes like Dodd was throwing, Vedral will get the ball there.
I doubt Dodd could throw it over 55 yards but he got the ball out and let guys go get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cm_13
Exciting news! Some good competition at QB. Great players welcome it and use competition to their advantage and push themselves to get better. Whoever gives the team the best chance to win will get the starting nod.

Welcome to The Banks! You will be even with all of the other QB's on the roster, due to having a new OC and offensive system. I'm putting my money on you to win the starting job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT