ADVERTISEMENT

Quinerly in portal

You have been making over 400k a year since 25. How much do you donate to Rutgers every year? Where do you sit at SHI and RAC?
$0.

207 in football, I prefer the 50 yard line press box style view.

Why? Haha you guys hate facts. This is all public info that can be looked up outside of $23K. The $93K and $15K (shes an assistant for 2 sports) can be looked up.

The head coaches make around $15K/season for football and then another $40-50K for 3 weeks of camps in the summer on top of their teacher salary. They do quite well
Exactly - it's a fact, but the way you present it "friends who are teachers make well over $100K"
is deceptive - so you pass a fact check - but it's not really what most people would call honest

Id get bored working that little tbh. Idk why youre mad here haha
I'm not mad at all. I've been off for a week. Totally relaxed.
Let me tell you a short story. One of my best friends from HS was our valedictorian. Brilliant kid. Got into UVa Law and went into corporate law. I told him I was going into teaching, and he told me I was wasting my time. He was gonna start at 6 figures. Sure enough, he did. Got a job at the #1 firm in Boston. They made him rent an apartment across the street from the firm so he could be on call. It turned out to mostly be a waste of money because he slept on an air mattress in his office most nights.
Fast forward about 2 years. He came home to NJ after quitting. He told me I was right. He made a ton of money, but had no time to spend it. I made very little money, but had lots of time. You can guess who was happier.
Now I'm not saying the path you chose was wrong for you. Clearly, you like the life you've built. What I am saying, though, is that many like me have other goals. Sure, I could work more and make more. You're right. I choose not to. I feel that my free time with my family is much more valuable than the money I'd earn. These young men feel that playing basketball in Europe is more valuable than immediately joining the workforce. Everyone is different. I think most people in this thread are just wondering why you feel that your chosen life path is the only acceptable one.

Exactly - it's a fact, but the way you present it "friends who are teachers make well over $100K"
is deceptive - so you pass a fact check - but it's not really what most people would call honest
I mean its quite literally public information that is verifiable haha. I wont give you their exact name but you can look up “West Essex High School Teacher Salaries NJ” and see for yourself what teachers make there (where my client teaches)

I mean its quite literally public information that is verifiable haha. I wont give you their exact name but you can look up “West Essex High School Teacher Salaries NJ” and see for yourself what teachers make there (where my client teaches)
I'm not doubting your facts, it's the presentation
all my friends who are teachers in NJ make over $100k
When you say it like that, people assume you mean "from teaching"
Then you explain they have 2nd, 3rd, 4th jobs.
Awesome.
Stirs the pot 100x more than if you said "I have friends who are teachers who coach two sports, work camps all summer and maybe do private lessons and they're over $120K"
A+ on the presentation - I'm not shitting you, it's a compliment

I'm not doubting your facts, it's the presentation
all my friends who are teachers in NJ make over $100k
When you say it like that, people assume you mean "from teaching"
Then you explain they have 2nd, 3rd, 4th jobs.
Awesome.
Stirs the pot 100x more than if you said "I have friends who are teachers who coach two sports, work camps all summer and maybe do private lessons and they're over $120K"
A+ on the presentation - I'm not shitting you, it's a compliment
Most teachers dont just sit on their ass in the summer. They usually work in the summer. And if a teacher wants to make over $100K then all they have to do is stay at work past 3pm. I even know what the teachers make for supervising after school detentions. You dont have to coach, you can even supervise detention. Its not much to ask to work until 5pm, no?

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Most teachers dont just sit on their ass in the summer. They usually work in the summer. And if a teacher wants to make over $100K then all they have to do is stay at work past 3pm. I even know what the teachers make for supervising after school detentions. You dont have to coach, you can even supervise detention. Its not much to ask to work until 5pm, no?
If your school has after school detention, which mine doesn't.
For the record, I tutor to supplement my income. Notice how I didn't count it as part of my salary.

I always thought north Jersey school teachers made more on average than those teaching in other parts of the state. I think both sides are right no this one. My wife and I are both 20+ years in to teaching and we just reached the 6 figure club but the take home portion of that is obviously much less than 2 six figure salaries.

Reactions: biazza38
Its not much to ask to work until 5pm, no?
What if getting home at 4:30 means you can have a catch and do some soft toss with your son before his little league game? What if it means you can coach his youth basketball team or soccer team?

We're all going to run out of time at some point.
In the words of Billy Ray Cyrus from Busy Man:
"have you ever seen a headstone with these words
If only I'd have spent more time at work"

Ok few alarming things here.

1) My mom was a teacher - and she made 6 figures only the last like 5ish years of her 35 year tenure. (News flash, North Jersey salaries and cost of living is probably higher than central Jersey)

2) Not everyone got the same head start as you, If I am correct you took over a parents/grandparents family business?

3) You are in real estate, which lucky to you is one of the biggest booming markets right now. Not everyone is in that field.

4) you make so much money but you don't donate to NIL? Wouldn't you want to be the solution to all RU's problems or is it just all talk?

What if getting home at 4:30 means you can have a catch and do some soft toss with your son before his little league game? What if it means you can coach his youth basketball team or soccer team?

We're all going to run out of time at some point.
In the words of Billy Ray Cyrus from Busy Man:
"have you ever seen a headstone with these words
If only I'd have spent more time at work"
Thats nice. Theres trade offs for everything in life. What if I can sit on a beach all day with my family and never work?

1) My mom was a teacher - and she made 6 figures only the last like 5ish years of her 35 year tenure. (News flash, North Jersey salaries and cost of living is probably higher than central Jersey) it’s the norm in north jersey for teachers to make 6-figures if they either coach or do after school work

2) Not everyone got the same head start as you, If I am correct you took over a parents/grandparents family business? I do in fact run my grandfathers real estate school to keep his name alive, not much money is made from that school though and Ive always made my money selling house and investment properties. Ive posted my tax returns on here showing that and would be happy to so again. About $50K/yr from teaching real estate classes more than 10X that selling and my investment properties

3) You are in real estate, which lucky to you is one of the biggest booming markets right now. Not everyone is in that field. Lowest transactional volume weve had in decade. Youre out of your lane here

4) you make so much money but you don't donate to NIL? Wouldn't you want to be the solution to all RU's problems or is it just all talk? Why dont you? Youve always been a very weird guy. Pretty sure i blocked you on twitter years ago after you thought you were breaking news by telling people who i was haha
See above

No kids huh?
couple years away. But I've worked my ass off the past 11-12 years so that I can create my own schedule and be with my kids whenever I'd like to be.

But again, you're living in a fictional world haha. You want rainbows and butterflys and unicorn rides perpetually without working

couple years away. But I've worked my ass off the past 11-12 years so that I can create my own schedule and be with my kids whenever I'd like to be.

But again, you're living in a fictional world haha. You want rainbows and butterflys and unicorn rides perpetually without working
If you knew me you’d know how much I enjoyed that comment
My butterfly bushes seemed to have died this winter. Odd it was so mild. I guess I’ll have to make due with the unicorns and rainbows

If you knew me you’d know how much I enjoyed that comment
My butterfly bushes seemed to have died this winter. Odd it was so mild. I guess I’ll have to make due with the unicorns and rainbows
You also act as if you cant play catch with your son at 5:15. Its gotta be 4:30 lol. Youre looking for excuse to make up for a very bad point you made pages ago

Separately I think teachers are criminally underpaid to begin with @mikebal9

Good teachers work hard and get paid shit wages. Bad teachers are lazy and make great money. All have 9 month contracts and can earn more over the summer. Teachers on the whole are not near $100k. Look at national data folks. Teachers are dropping out of the profession in droves. It ain't a way to get rich.

Good teachers work hard and get paid shit wages. Bad teachers are lazy and make great money. All have 9 month contracts and can earn more over the summer. Teachers on the whole are not near $100k. Look at national data folks. Teachers are dropping out of the profession in droves. It ain't a way to get rich.
Agreed. Way underpaid. But if a husband and wife are teachers and they either A) coach 1 sport or B) do after school work (school detention, etc) then theyll be over $100K. Work over the summer and theyll make an extra $10K at least

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
No they don't. My wife and I are both teachers in NJ, with Masters degrees. I'm 21 years in. She's 20 years in. We do not make $100k each. You're completely out of your element here.
This is interesting. First year consultants at big 4 in ny/nj make just about $100k at 22 years old. That being said, they work 12 months, not 9.

This is interesting. First year consultants at big 4 in ny/nj make just about $100k at 22 years old. That being said, they work 12 months, not 9.
Yeah maybe i just have high earning friends I guess. Every single one of my friends i went to RU with has a 6-figure income.

I have a friend whos a newark cop who with overtime makes nearly $150K. Hes only been on the job 6 years

NJ is a very high income state

You also act as if you cant play catch with your son at 5:15. Its gotta be 4:30 lol. Youre looking for excuse to make up for a very bad point you made pages ago

Separately I think teachers are criminally underpaid to begin with
LL game starts at 6:00 - gotta be there at 5:15, takes 15 minutes to get there
4:30-5:00 is the time you get with him

LL game starts at 6:00 - gotta be there at 5:15, takes 15 minutes to get there
4:30-5:00 is the time you get with him
And how many little league game does johnny have a year? 🤣🤣🤣

Im getting dumber every additional minute i spend in this thread haha

And how many little league game does johnny have a year? 🤣🤣🤣

Im getting dumber every additional minute i spend in this thread haha
You got spring, fall and summer - about 60.
That's just ONE kid and one sport. Soccer and basketball too - with multiple other kids.
That 4:30-5:00 was precious.

Separately I think teachers are criminally underpaid to begin with @mikebal9

This whole thread is ridiculous, man. Not all college graduates are created equally. Many of these kids have the degree because they are basketball players and were provided the tutoring necessary to pass the easiest courses possible. They are not realistic candidates for teaching jobs or financial jobs involving strong quantitative and analytical skills. The ones that truly have academic regimen aren’t the ones going to abroad to play ball for peanuts unless their families are well off to begin with and can afford it.

Sure - these guys can eventually pull in 6 figures in blue collar jobs like police, sanitation, etc. through a lot of overtime. But in the long run, these guys can come out about the same on average by playing ball in Europe for a few years all expenses paid and then coming back home to pass on their knowledge to the next generation through training programs, coaching, camps and other jobs involving basketball, agility training, etc. These are things these guys know - it’s what the excel at and there’s a market out there for it. So why knock it?

1) My mom was a teacher - and she made 6 figures only the last like 5ish years of her 35 year tenure. (News flash, North Jersey salaries and cost of living is probably higher than central Jersey)

2) Not everyone got the same head start as you, If I am correct you took over a parents/grandparents family business?

3) You are in real estate, which lucky to you is one of the biggest booming markets right now. Not everyone is in that field.

4) you make so much money but you don't donate to NIL? Wouldn't you want to be the solution to all RU's problems or is it just all talk?

Conveniently skipped over that one.

Reactions: RedTeam1994

Conveniently skipped over that one.
In which I posted my tax returns haha. Want me to post them again? See below

I do run my grandfathers real estate school, it accounts for well below 10% of my annual income, in fact due to the time it consumes it loses me money annually due to how valuable my time is and my earning power is elsewhere in other activities. So why do I run it?

1) My grandfather loved that school, when he died in 2014 he asked me if I could continue to keep the legacy of his name alive, I said I would. I am keeping my word.

2) My investment company along with 2 partners and a number of investors own 1109 apartments, that is where I make the bulk of my money. The other chunks come from real estate sales, flips, speaking and consulting fees etc.

3) How did I get started with the company mentioned in #2? I sold a fvck load of houses as a realtor, I did flips, subdivisions, airbnb's, 2-4 family's and took that capital to start that company and invest in those properties.

It's a cute narrative but another in a long line of major L's in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to imagine a world where Quinerly sees this thread with 150+ posts and thinks wow can't wait to see the lively discussion from fans about what I can bring to this Rutgers basketball team. You could give him a million guesses and I don't think he gets to where this ended up lol

I do run my grandfathers real estate school, it accounts for well below 10% of my annual income, in fact due to the time it consumes it loses me money annually due to how valuable my time is and my earning power is elsewhere in other activities. So why do I run it?

1) My grandfather loved that school, when he died in 2014 he asked me if I could continue to keep the legacy of his name alive, I said I would. I am keeping my word.

2) My investment company along with 2 partners and a number of investors own 1109 apartments, that is where I make the bulk of my money. The other chunks come from real estate sales, flips, speaking and consulting fees etc.

3) How did I get started with the company mentioned in #2? I sold a fvck load of houses as a realtor, I did flips, subdivisions, airbnb's, 2-4 family's and took that capital to start that company and invest in those properties.

It's called a head start.....not everyone has a parent or grandparent to show you the way. Your grandfather obviously was accomplished in the real estate field, a simple google search shows he not only ran the school but wrote a book regarding it. Are you saying he had no part in your future successes?

All that activity/ income and yet no donations to RU athletics and also welshed on the lost wager on this board as well as tried to dox another poster to get out of it. Would think that would all be like pennies to you compared to all the "not so fortunate" little people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT