ADVERTISEMENT

Football Raheem Blackshear to Virginia Tech

Don’t let the door hit you on your ass..........lol

giphy.gif

He is one hard to figure...if I remember correctly- he bailed the day of the game and even if he played, he still could have redshirted the following week. No positive so correct me if wrong

The strange thing is that he was being showcased in a way that would have put him into the NFL. Not sure if maybe NC would have continued the same use but this kid should be declaring for the draft and combine right now. No part of it made sense

Reactions: Scarlet83
I don't get why so many here are so negative about him. He did what he thought was best for him. Like the fan base, he could see the team was going nowhere this year so he quit, just as most of the fans did. In doing so, he could preserve an extra year of eligibility. IIRC, he waited quite awhile before putting his name in the transfer portal at a point when RU still hadn't hired anyone.

I'm sorry he's leaving, especially for an ACC school that seems to be in a downward trajectory where he might encounter the same kind of problem that he found here. I thought he was our most exciting RB and could have been a great one for us if we had had a better OL to block for him.

I don't get why so many here are so negative about him. He did what he thought was best for him. Like the fan base, he could see the team was going nowhere this year so he quit, just as most of the fans did. In doing so, he could preserve an extra year of eligibility. IIRC, he waited quite awhile before putting his name in the transfer portal at a point when RU still hadn't hired anyone.

I'm sorry he's leaving, especially for an ACC school that seems to be in a downward trajectory where he might encounter the same kind of problem that he found here. I thought he was our most exciting RB and could have been a great one for us if we had had a better OL to block for him.
He quit on his teammates. During warm ups. I’ve never seen a more selfish move. As a captain and a guy who is supposed to be a leader. Not a Rutgers guy. Glad he’s gone. You don’t win with those guys.

Love how some people celebrate when someone transfers here but are willing to bash a kid for transferring out. Situation wasn't right for him here....I'm sure all you bashing him have made choices in your best interest...

I for one prefer to just focus on the guys here....wish him luck as long as his interest doesn't conflict with mine.

I dont blame him for transferring; it's what he felt was best for him Good luck.

But, I do take issue with deciding not to play on game day. That was not a decision that affected only him; it impacted his teammates. In my opinion, THAT was wrong. But it's over now, so wont dwell on it anymore.

Speak for yourself on the bold as I didn’t.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It is what it is, Gleason offense certainly looks special “1”
i personally felt Blackshear would of excelled in.

I totally understand this college game has become a business & as a result young student athletes will be making decisions based on what they personally feel will benefit them the most!

To that i say Gd Luck & Vaya con dios!

Next man up!

Reactions: beaced
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT