ADVERTISEMENT

Football Raheem Blackshear to Virginia Tech

Commitment to a team, commitment to others and sacrificing for the greater good is a major factor in success throughout life. Just ask any veterans who sacrificed their bodies and their lives for YOU.

I could go on, but it’s probably a waste of time on you, Nicky.
It a two way street. When you fire your head coach 4 games into the season the school basically quit on the season. Why should he have to stick it through. While you are up on your high horse about commitment have you never left a crappy job or relationship? Just because you don't want to stick around in a bad situation that doesn't mean you don't understand commitment and sacrifice.

Funny thing is, when I read this I thought you were about to say Hobbs. :Laughing

Not that Ash is blameless but firing a head coach 4 weeks in is unheard of for a reason.
Yes Hobbs essentially quit on the season but all the high and mighty people here think that the players shouldn't have the same choice.

It a two way street. When you fire your head coach 4 games into the season the school basically quit on the season. Why should he have to stick it through. While you are up on your high horse about commitment have you never left a crappy job or relationship? Just because you don't want to stick around in a bad situation that doesn't mean you don't understand commitment and sacrifice.

Argument based entirely on a flawed premise.

Firing the coach after Week 4 does not = "giving up on the season". That's just stupid.

He is one hard to figure...if I remember correctly- he bailed the day of the game and even if he played, he still could have redshirted the following week. No positive so correct me if wrong

The strange thing is that he was being showcased in a way that would have put him into the NFL. Not sure if maybe NC would have continued the same use but this kid should be declaring for the draft and combine right now. No part of it made sense

No. Sitkowski could have played one more game and still redshirted because he did not play in the opener against UMass. Blacksheer played in the first four games this season.

Why wouldn't you? Does he not have the self control to not assault someone for having an opinion? Even more reason to be glad he's gone if so.

Should it even be called assault if you close a persons jaw that disparages your character? Nothing wrong with repercussions.

Pretty sure that's the text book definition of.

If he's that soft, he better forget about the NFL. People say mean things to opposing players. That's a lot of jaw breaking and jail time.

Plus he's a little dude. Better be a martial arts expert.

Reactions: redking and RUsSKii
Why wouldn't you? Does he not have the self control to not assault someone for having an opinion? Even more reason to be glad he's gone if so.
Actually, not a horrible question as most on here would never say something to a player directly that they have no problem saying on here.
I think many of us that will give an opinion, even if it is negative, know how to state in a way that is not personal or offensive but there are many that feel that hiding behind a keyboard gives the right to be total jerks.

If we had to lose one of him, Pacheco, Young or Adams, Blackshear would have been my choice to leave.

If we had to lose one of him, Pacheco, Young or Adams, Blackshear would have been my choice to leave.
Kid was producing at a very high level. Yeah, I get it that some are pissed but that makes no sense. Unless you think he would have given usv1800 combined yards and left for the NFL and that we still wouldn’t have won any other games.

Kid was producing at a very high level. Yeah, I get it that some are pissed but that makes no sense. Unless you think he would have given usv1800 combined yards and left for the NFL and that we still wouldn’t have won any other games.
Couple of reasons. His selfish attitude is not good when developing teamwork. He only has one more year to play and we will be doing a lot new things on offense in 2020 so likely some rebuilding. Finally Pacheco is better and Young and Adams were higher rated and I feel their ceiling is just as high.

Reactions: Caliknight
You miss the point. It’s not wrong for Quitshear to leave just like it’s not wrong to leave a job that no longer works for you. But when you’re the head of accounts, it’s not right to bail half an hour before the big sales presentation when everyone’s counting on you to play a big part.

Wait, what? You think it's ok to hit someone when they say something mean to you? What world do you live in?

Absolutely. Anyone can talk tough and hide behind lawsuits if they are challenged for what they say.

I bet Cali Knight would be all over Raheem's nuts if they met in real life and Cali had to actually be careful with his words.

Reactions: bossnj1
Absolutely. Anyone can talk tough and hide behind lawsuits if they are challenged for what they say.

I bet Cali Knight would be all over Raheem's nuts if they met in real life and Cali had to actually be careful with his words.
I’m all over no ones nuts. Sounds like something you’d do. Are you related to him or something? You seem emotional about a transfer quitter.

Reactions: GSGS
Maybe Schiano’s guys can show him some appreciation in the Pinstripe in two years.

It is interesting that the Va Tech coach is interviewing for the Baylor job. Since this has been announced in public I am guessing this is a done deal.

If Raheem was expecting Jerry Kill to be on Va Tech’s staff, they did not overlap for long. Jerry Kill announced his departure from Blacksburg to TCU and Gary Patterson’s staff.

Best of luck to blackshear. He was one of the few positive points in the ash era. To me, this is all part of the game now. Brendon white bounced in the midst of a championship run lol.

Argument based entirely on a flawed premise.

Firing the coach after Week 4 does not = "giving up on the season". That's just stupid.
4 weeks is when Gary let RU know he was coming. If he told then earlier
He would have been asked to start
Right away. Which was not what he had planned

If Raheem was expecting Jerry Kill to be on Va Tech’s staff, they did not overlap for long. Jerry Kill announced his departure from Blacksburg to TCU and Gary Patterson’s staff.
For Blackshear its like coming home after graduating college to find your parents moved and left no forwarding address. "Where is everybody??"

For Blackshear its like coming home after graduating college to find your parents moved and left no forwarding address. "Where is everybody??"
I don't know if the coaches at VT will be gone, but his high school teammate Nasir Peoples will still be there. He and Blackshear were teammates on the 2015 and 2016 teams at football powerhouse Archbishop Wood in Philadelphia, and both played WR/RB/DB... Peoples is a redshirt sophomore DB at VT.

We'll be fine without him.
One player does not make a team but let’s not think he wouldn’t help us. He would. We just have to count on the young guys and a few new guys to step up and even do better than he would have!

Reactions: czxqa
Agree :ThumbsUp
Isaih Paheco starts
Aaron Young & Kay’Ron Adams back Isaih up >
Raheem replaced.
Quitshear’s value to our offense wasn’t his running - though he was a capable runner. His value was in the passing game...in pass protection when the wideouts were targeted and as a slot receiver when things broke down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT