ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Raheem Morris as Falcons head coach

They fire guys so fast now that there are no other options other than the coaching recycle bin or the 30-something flavor of the month coordinator.

They fire guys so fast now that there are no other options other than the coaching recycle bin or the 30-something flavor of the month coordinator.

Heard someone say - no NFL OC has been with their team for more than 2 years. That's how much the turnover of the OC position is occurring.

It lends itself to hiring an offensive HC, HC Daboll for example.
Even if the OC leaves, the system stays the same because it's the HCs system.

Reactions: Rufaninga
All I care and am enjoying- is watching BB squirming as he thought the Falcon's was going to be his team

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I'm underwhelmed by the hire, but hopeful.
If you look at his HC record, it's a disaster of a hire.

If you look at him coaching both sides of the ball, winning SB under McVeigh & can bring their QB coach as OC, maybe it will be ok???

Best part of this deal is Rich McKay is no longer over the football team. Stinks for ATL United, but at least they got their championship before he wrecks it.

Reactions: rutger80
Its very hard to be a good HC.

As Parcells used to say "you have to coach the coaches" and that's a whole new thing for for a first time HC. Most don't even "get it."

Fans overpay and when results dont happen fast the coach gets sent "down the road." Then its wash, rinse repeat.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
He's the one who created the mess with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that Schiano inherited when he took over in 2012.
Morris coached there three years and had two terrible seasons and one good one (10-6 in 2010). Schiano had back-to-back losing seasons before getting fired.

By the way, Schiano (to his credit) has repeatedly admitted that he wasn’t ready to be a head coach in the NFL and that taking the Bucs job was a mistake. Greg’s failure had nothing to do with Morris and I’m sure he’d say so himself if asked.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT