ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Lucas radio calls - vs Michigan

RUonBrain

All American
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2002
Love Ray Lucas and his PASSION for RU

He wants RU to win SO BADLY.

When RU tried the onesides kick, and we recovered, but had illegal touching, he said, "Dammit."

Love it.

Can't wait until we finally get good and this guy can really celebrate with the rest of us.

Last edited:
Love Ray Lucas and his PASSION for RU

He wants RU to win SO BADLY.

When RU tried the onesides kick, and we recovered, but had illegal touching, he said dammit.

Love it.

Can't wait until we finally get good and this guy can really celebrate with the rest of us.
I love Ray....i'm pretty sure his father was a ''tough NYC player'' in the 70s whom i ran in the same circles with...i grew up across the river from Harrison where Ray played his HS ball 10 yrs after i got out of service living in Belleville....he's RU through and through and i'd LOVE to see him recruit for us or get him involved closer to the team...Hes all Jersey ..all the time..

Love Ray... true RU guy, fan of the program. He will praise and criticize the program if justified. And he will come down on a player if justified.
.... for the record....I hate Matt Millen and how he calls a game... I swear he is dying to say TTFP is awesome even if they are not playing.

They have been doing a fantastic job. The games have been garbage yet I find myself enjoying their color commentary.

Thank you WCTC. Keep these guy together and on for a long time. I'll be listening every week from Boston.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
maybe someday we can get a better, stronger signal radio station calling the Football and BB games...

I wish I could sync a radio broadcast with TiVo DVR playing the game... I am always looking at replays,slowing stuff down to look for details.. I cannot possible listen to a radio broadcast and do that

On Sirius you hear a lot of games done by the team's announcers and the homer stuff is very common. Lots of cheering and stuff

maybe someday we can get a better, stronger signal radio station calling the Football and BB games...
lol....when i lived in Belleville in the 60s/70s i could never pick it up either from like 13 miles away...weak signal.Now that i'm upstate NY like 200 miles i pick it up clear on my laptop. Isn't it WCTC..

I wish I could sync a radio broadcast with TiVo DVR playing the game... I am always looking at replays,slowing stuff down to look for details.. I cannot possible listen to a radio broadcast and do that
I put 1450 on through tune in radio on the internet, and with minimal effort, I synced the game up on BTN. It made an otherwise painful game to watch more enjoyable.

Would Ray Lucas ever enter coaching? He makes some really good calls before they happen during the course of the game.

For guys that listen, does Ray even mention anything about the coaching, or kind of stays out of it?

I'm with you Knight Shift, he's a bright guy who's played on both levels and is very like-able... would be very interesting to see him in a coaching role.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
For guys that listen, does Ray even mention anything about the coaching, or kind of stays out of it?

I'm with you Knight Shift, he's a bright guy who's played on both levels and is very like-able... would be very interesting to see him in a coaching role.

100% - I was wondering if Ray server under any capacity with RU after his playing days other than anouncer. Would love Ray to be an HC - think he would be a great recruiter, and seems to know his Xs and Os, but analyzing a game from the press box and being on the field 2 totally different animals.

I think Ray would be embraced as much as Pernetti was.

Reactions: rutgers4life11
LOL...I must have a crappy radio....
seriously though.. would like a station dedicated a little more to RU sports during most of the day... hopefully some day....like a mini-WFAN for RU athletics but organized better.

Was driving north on the GSP from Toms River last night and put on 710. Too much static down there. Had to drive another 15/20 miles north to get good reception. Now I'm sure there are nights when you get better reception much further out. WOR needs an FM station equivalent especially now that they have the Mets

Reactions: RUNYGDVLSFAN
Did Lucas mention, like EVERY game he's ever done, that the officials were the worst he's EVER seen?

Love when
Did Lucas mention, like EVERY game he's ever done, that the officials were the worst he's EVER seen?

I LOVE when Ray calls the refs ham and eggers.
Who cares if he gets on the refs?

He is sticking up for our guys with passion, and he will admit if the ref gets a call right in our opponents favor.

He even did so yesterday in a very funny way. Forgot what he said, but was something like, "that was the 1st call they got right all day."

Ray needs to get used to B1G officiating, bottom line, it's NOT the crap we dealt with in the BE. These guys let them play the game. Bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT