ADVERTISEMENT

For first time ever .. I think I want the cult to win

Three teams I don’t think I could ever find a reason to hope they win ANY game: Penn State, NY Jets, NY Rangers. Sorry Jets and Ranger fans nothing personal towards any of you. Make no apologies about Penn State though!

Reactions: RUfromNJ
It’s tough to root for the Pedophiles. But it might actually be good for us if they beat Michigan and then overlook us.
If that’s the case, I’m going to need someone to bail me out of the Centre County jail

I’m rooting for PSU because I think if they win the 50/50 calls perhaps wont be as one sided against us.

If they already have 2 losses going into our game, the 3rd New Years bid for the conference is on the line. If PSU finishes with 2 losses they will get in that game even if the second loss is versus us.

We already have to overcome this vs Iowa because rest assured it looks best for the conference to have Iowa win out and have a respectable record for the conference championship game.

We already have to overcome this vs Iowa because rest assured it looks best for the conference to have Iowa win out and have a respectable record for the conference championship game.
So are you saying the conference is fixing games??

So are you saying the conference is fixing games??

No - nobody is “fixing” anything. However, I do believe there is a natural bias when calls can go either way for conference refs to lean towards making the calls that seemingly benefit the conference the most. Obviously nobody can prove this, but on average, it sure seems like that’s how things end up playing out more often than not (when game outcomes are still in question).

Why would you want that?? The Big Ten want two teams in the playoffs. It means BIG money for the B1G and in the end Rutgers
It $4 million and after the split it ends up being $266k for each school. Not exactly a huge windfall.

Reactions: megadrone
It $4 million and after the split it ends up being $266k for each school. Not exactly a huge windfall.
Double it with two in besides just the one. $4 million isn't huge? If so why did they expand to 12 if it wasn't for the money??

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Penn State enabled a pedophile. Done.

enabling/ covering up years of child rape in their facilities >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cheating at football.

I will just do my best to ignore any mention of the game

From the subject line of the thread my initial thought was that I always root for the Schiano cult to win because that means Rutgers is winning football games, but then once I opened up the thread I quickly realized he was referring to the Paterno cult.

Harbaugh versus Franklin: that's like having to choose between having a root canal procedure and "sitting" all night before a colonoscopy.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I agree with the OP. In general, PSU is still my most hated team. But for this one game, I want them to get the big win and then have a letdown for us. And this year UM deserves some comeuppance.

I agree with the OP. In general, PSU is still my most hated team. But for this one game, I want them to get the big win and then have a letdown for us. And this year UM deserves some comeuppance.

Do you really think they will have a letdown knowing that they would then have a decent shot at the playoffs which would disappear if they lost?

Do you really think they will have a letdown knowing that they would then have a decent shot at the playoffs which would disappear if they lost?
I think there is a good chance, yes. It's classic. They starting thinking about the playoff and looking past us. Just like us in 2006 with Cincinnati.

I don't think I could root for Pedd State even if they were playing the ISIS All-Stars or the North Korean national team.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
I think there is a good chance, yes. It's classic. They starting thinking about the playoff and looking past us. Just like us in 2006 with Cincinnati.

There was no playoff in 2006. And even if there was Rutgers was not rated high enough to be considered.

Yes I’m under no delusions that RU winning at PSU is a reasonable thing to expect. But even if we dragged a scare into them into the 4th qtr I could smile at that. A win, might be one of the most satisfying RU football moments in almost two decades
"Might be" ????????????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT