ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Rice at the game last night

Where was he sitting? would have loved to get a pic of him. he's still a loyal son of Rutgers !

Mike Teel was at the game too. he was in a floor seat on the baseline closest to the band. Schiano came over to say hello to Teel. It's too bad they don't announce all our Rutgers Royalty in attendance and pan on the big screen during TO's. Would be a nice gesture. I know they've done it in the past but I guess they probably don't know who's in attendance prior to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I asked him if he had any more eligibility. He said he wished he did...

you should feel this guys arms...rock solid!

They should know who is at the game. The PR folks and others either are not doing their job or are non Rutgers alumni/people and would not recogmixe them if tbey bumped into them.

Where was he sitting? would have loved to get a pic of him. he's still a loyal son of Rutgers !

Mike Teel was at the game too. he was in a floor seat on the baseline closest to the band. Schiano came over to say hello to Teel. It's too bad they don't announce all our Rutgers Royalty in attendance and pan on the big screen during TO's. Would be a nice gesture. I know they've done it in the past but I guess they probably don't know who's in attendance prior to the game.

I feel so bad for ray because hes really such a good person. Just goes to show you, take a lifetime to build up a reputation and a single instant to destroy it. Really hope to see GS bring him around to work with the RB’s

They should know who is at the game. The PR folks and others either are not doing their job or are non Rutgers alumni/people and would not recogmixe them if tbey bumped into them.

Rutgers and PR have never been in the same Universe before.

Reactions: red sail
I was sitting a couple of seats down from Austin Johnson, who played forward for RU under Mike Rice. Spoke with him a bit and he’s such a good dude.

Also spoke with Eric LeGrand on the concourse after the game and that was wonderful.

These meaningful games that we are playing are bringing out the notables! I don’t wanna brag, but I also ran into @BKIn118 and his wife on the court after the game. Need I say more? ;-)

Last edited:
I was sitting a couple of seats down from Austin Johnson, who played forward for RU under Mike Rice. Spoke with him a bit and he’s such a good dude.
I sat next to Austin Johnson during the MSG game. Had no idea who he was and he wasn't wearing any red so I said we're all Rutgers fans here right? He looked at me and said I used to play here. I said. "oh sorry, must be the glasses I didn't recognize you". Really I still had no idea as he has put on a little weight/glasses and my memory failed me. Had to look him up.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa

Also spoke with Eric LeGrand on the concourse after the game and that was wonderful.

These meaningful games that we are playing are bringing out the notables! I don’t wanna brag, but I also ran into @BKIn118 and his wife on the court after the game. Need I say more? ;-)
AJ just got engaged to his long time girlfriend! We have remained close since his graduation...so it's always great to see him back at the RAC!

Happy to have made an impact on such a special evening for RU basketball fans everywhere!

I sat next to Austin Johnson during the MSG game. Had no idea who he was and he wasn't wearing any red so I said we're all Rutgers fans here right? He looked at me and said I used to play here. I said. "oh sorry, must be the glasses I didn't recognize you". Really I still had no idea as he has put on a little weight/glasses and my memory failed me. Had to look him up.
I asked him if this was his first game since he graduated, and he said that he had gone to the MSG game. At the game against Maryland he wasn't wearing red either, and was wearing a Yankees cap. He got his masters degree here and is now working at Moody's, and he said that he definitely "got his money's worth from Rutgers," and now other Rutgers players are reaching out to him to help them get jobs. That is really good stuff.

AJ just got engaged to his long time girlfriend! We have remained close since his graduation...so it's always great to see him back at the RAC!

Happy to have made an impact on such a special evening for RU basketball fans everywhere!
She seems really nice. AJ and I talked a little bit and she was just taking it all in with a big smile on her face. He's a genuinely good dude and she seems the same, Hopefully they'll be back for more big-time games.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Austin Johnson is doing very well for himself professionally. My buddy works with him, says he's a great dude and really bright. More college athletes should take advantage of the network RU opens them up. Far too many just have a "league or bust" mindset.

My buddy who works with him is a SHU fan and says he and austin always jaw about SHU and RU and austin isn't shy about sharing how much he hates SHU with him haha. Austin also always reminds him he had a winning record vs SHU

Not a big deal AT ALL.....but why would they do that?
Shaq Doorson sitting in the stands smiling a clapping for a good play. Clip from him attending a women’s game when he was a student I believe. It’s supposed to be humorous. The same reason they show the Mike Watkins reaction shot, the five year old clip of the old guy dancing or woman running around on the bleachers trying to distract a shooter.

I asked him if this was his first game since he graduated, and he said that he had gone to the MSG game. At the game against Maryland he wasn't wearing red either, and was wearing a Yankees cap. He got his masters degree here and is now working at Moody's, and he said that he definitely "got his money's worth from Rutgers," and now other Rutgers players are reaching out to him to help them get jobs. That is really good stuff.
Let's put it this way I'm not a small guy either, you put me and Austin Johnson in seats next to each other and we looked like we were trying to fit 50 lbs. of potatoes into a 10 lb. sack. He was with a girl she didn't say much might have been his finacee, luckily he could lean to her side and me to my wife's side.

Last edited:
These meaningful games that we are playing are bringing out the notables!
The Oscars have the red carpet while we now have the Scarlet Carpet.

It would be a very easy graphic for our visual media folks to come up with.

The Marketing and PR folks need to get on top of this for FB and MBB going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT