ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan @ Rutgers Friday Night

scarlethoops

Junior
Feb 22, 2002
Anyone know how to purchase tickets for Friday night’s Non Public title game at RU Friday night? Bosco/Paul VI @ 5 PM. Could not find a link in NJSIAA site and although there was a callout on scarletknights.com - no link to purchase.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to purchase tickets for Friday night’s Non Public title game at RU Friday night? Bosco/Paul VI @ 5 PM. Could not find a link in NJSIAA site and although there was a callout on scarletknights.com - no link to purchase.
Here is the NJSIAA ticket page but looks like Finals tix may not be on sale yet.

Tix for Fridays are on sale through RU at SK.com

Ticket - $17
Parking - $22

Wow $22 for parking !!!
Can’t even do the secret spots since it’s a weekday afternoon !

NJSIAA Basketball Championships - Friday​

Fri, Mar 8, 2024 ⦁ 1:00pm
Jersey Mike's Arena
Non-Public School State Finals

Girls A - Pope John vs. Red Bank Catholic (1:00pm)

Girls B- Rutgers Prep vs. Morris Catholic (3:00pm)

Boys A - Don Bosco vs. Paul VI (5:00pm)

Boys B - St. Rose vs. Montclair Immaculate (7:00pm)

This game is just getting under way at the RAC. Good feed from nj.com.

Dominant half from Dylan.

Bosco also playing smothering defense through the first half.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Side note — as a current sophomore, the 7-foot kid Keiner Asprilla is a no-go for me. He’s just tall, but doesn’t really have much skill at this point. VERY raw.

Things can change, but right now, it’s a no for me, dog.

Reactions: Kbee3 and fatsam98
Side note — as a current sophomore, the 7-foot kid Keiner Asprilla is a no-go for me. He’s just tall, but doesn’t really have much skill at this point. VERY raw.

i agree. bad hands and limited skills. big men should get an extra year in high school because they take much longer to develop.

He was awful today. Don't remember ever being impressed with him in the few DBP games I've watched this year

He was awful today. Don't remember ever being impressed with him in the few DBP games I've watched this year
I played against Roy Hinson in HS. He was a sophomore at the time too. Asprilla is ahead of Roy in development at the same age. Let’s see what he looks like in a couple of years. Bigs, especially 7 foot plus 15/16 year olds take time to grow into their bodies. Now I am not saying he will be Roy Hinson, but let’s see before we write him off.

How was attendance? Any RU fans there? Riot Squad maybe.
Does the winner of Boys A play the winner of Boys B?

How was attendance? Any RU fans there? Riot Squad maybe.
Does the winner of Boys A play the winner of Boys B?
From the nj com feed, sideline seats on both sides were full, only one section of baseline seats were full with Bosco students.

No TOC this year. Would’ve been a great one with St Rose, Bosco, Arts/Camden, Lenape/Elizabeth, etc. Would like to see how good that Asbury Park charter school would be vs schools better than Pitman or Manville.

Reactions: RutgersL
From the nj com feed, sideline seats on both sides were full, only one section of baseline seats were full with Bosco students.

No TOC this year. Would’ve been a great one with St Rose, Bosco, Arts/Camden, Lenape/Elizabeth, etc. Would like to see how good that Asbury Park charter school would be vs schools better than Pitman or Manville.
Would have been cool to at least be able to see Bosco play St. Rose.

i agree. bad hands and limited skills. big men should get an extra year in high school because they take much longer to develop.
Big men need special player development learning to catch/dribble the ball and making moves around the basket.Cliff and Johnson are classic cases at Rutgers.

Great job to whoever went. Friday 5pm is really tough timing. From NJ.com article:

“Half the fans (in the building) were Rutgers fans!” Dylan Harper said. “Seeing how much they’re coming out right now in high school — the RAC is going to be lit next year.”

Reactions: cm_13
I played against Roy Hinson in HS. He was a sophomore at the time too. Asprilla is ahead of Roy in development at the same age. Let’s see what he looks like in a couple of years. Bigs, especially 7 foot plus 15/16 year olds take time to grow into their bodies. Now I am not saying he will be Roy Hinson, but let’s see before we write him off.
No doubt. It’s why Matt Painter usually redshirts the 7-footers that he recruits every couple of years.

Why is there no TOC?
NJSIAA is why

They claims scheduling, yet at same time **** over all winter sports by condensing schedule for football

They also gave another reason - so vaginas were not hurt and good teams wouldn't have to end season with a loss.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerseylegends

And Zack Edey was a high school bust
Depends if you think he can be improved

Reactions: shields

Basically has the same game as that Purdue Center. Not sure exactly Kareem Abdul Jabbar out there. But he’ll get offers as long as he can walk and chew gum.

Excellent perspective.

What HS, MadRU? And did you play in college?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT