ADVERTISEMENT

Really tired

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
I’ve been a fan since ‘83. Was really excited in 2020 and 2021 thinking in my head “if we build on this we should be really good in 2023 and 2024”. What a waste, didn’t capitalize on that momentum. We are bad overall and the worst, period, offensively. I expected more and half this board tells me I should be satisfied it’s not Craig or Eddie coaching. I’m really tired of that attitude. Why shouldn’t I expect better.

we should expect better going forward

bad year is okay today because of what is coming next season... best recruiting class ever, next year has potential to be sick and no one will even care about this season

some patience is in order. Pike earned it but he is hardly without criticism.

He did not do a good job in replacing Geo and Ron and Caleb...we got Derek, Gavin and ?? and no one ever to be a legit 4/5 to back up Cliff and Mag

How many new threads will the mods let this guy post today? That’s 3 since the game ended. SHU troll? Not sure. There’s plenty of existing threads to do your trolling in
Yes three. One asked a legit question, I had hoped someone knew the road record answer. This one is all fact. Why should we just accept mediocrity. I’m not allowed to post? Isn’t this a message board?

It's a down year. Happens to most teams that aren't blue bloods. Look at the development of young players and how they will fit into next year. There's going to be quite a few outward transfers after this year.

I’ve been a fan since ‘83. Was really excited in 2020 and 2021 thinking in my head “if we build on this we should be really good in 2023 and 2024”. What a waste, didn’t capitalize on that momentum. We are bad overall and the worst, period, offensively. I expected more and half this board tells me I should be satisfied it’s not Craig or Eddie coaching. I’m really tired of that attitude. Why shouldn’t I expect better.
Pike has built a good program, but its not a machine. We're not above having a down year. Hopefully one day we will be

I really believe this team would have been top half B1G this season without the late departures of Spencer and Mulcahy.

Even if they had announced immediately following the NIT loss, we would have been much more aggressive in the portal I before the undergraduate window closed.

We're scrambling to adapt with four guys who have not yet shown that they are B1G starter-level guards.

It's a down year. Happens to most teams that aren't blue bloods. Look at the development of young players and how they will fit into next year. There's going to be quite a few outward transfers after this year.
And sometimes happens to blue bloods too - UCLA.

If Pike had followed Tom Young fans would be calling for his job now, rightly or wrongly. His major accomplishment has been selling out the RAC. In his ninth year he's 57-83 vs. B1G competition. Throw out his first four years and all of EJ's players, and he is 33-32 with one post season win in his last four years. To date, that's not good enough and he and his staff deserve to take some hits.

Reactions: darkcheck
Even blue bloods often have down years.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Don’t be satisfied but you also have to understand reality. We lost two veteran starters late in the offseason and could not replace them. This roster is majorly lacking talent. Next year the entire roster resets.

On top of all that… there will be down years. The key is to not have back to back down years.

UCLA went to final four a few years ago and they stink this year. USC has been good and .500 this year. Need to get some shooters.

bad year is okay today because of what is coming next season... best recruiting class ever, next year has potential to be sick and no one will even care about this season

He did not do a good job in replacing Geo and Ron and Caleb...we got Derek, Gavin and ?? and no one ever to be a legit 4/5 to back up Cliff and Mag
I agree with OK. Especially given the unexpected NIL loss of Cam. This is a much more competitive team with him and a much easier bridge to next year. I fear NIL retention money will be a recurring problem for RU. I’m glad I’m not a college head coach.

Last edited:

ya Baye Ndongo. Looks like he would’ve been our best player this season looking at his Gtech season. He’s an NBA player. Would’ve been really nice up front as a sophomore next year with the rest of the class. Losing Hobbs hurt.

Pike has built a good program, but its not a machine. We're not above having a down year. Hopefully one day we will be
I agree with your comment but fans were told this team would be better offensively.

ya Baye Ndongo. Looks like he would’ve been our best player this season looking at his Gtech season. He’s an NBA player. Would’ve been really nice up front as a sophomore next year with the rest of the class. Losing Hobbs hurt.
Don’t sweat it. Pike would have stapled him to the bench for not playing D and screwed him up too

Reactions: biazza38
It’s one year dark. It’s tough as a fan to deal with. You must have been very tired for the first 37 years haha. Hang in there. Better days ahead.

The top teams … TOP … don’t have many down years. There was no reason Rutgers could not have been a 17-18-19 win team In ‘24 … we will
Probably not win 5-6 more… sure hoping for being wrong.

Reactions: biazza38
If Pike had followed Tom Young fans would be calling for his job now, rightly or wrongly. His major accomplishment has been selling out the RAC. In his ninth year he's 57-83 vs. B1G competition. Throw out his first four years and all of EJ's players, and he is 33-32 with one post season win in his last four years. To date, that's not good enough and he and his staff deserve to take some hits.
lol. Momma let you out of the basement ??
But pike didn’t follow Tom young …he followed some of worst coaches in college basketball history!!

Take a nap.

Reactions: FastMJ
By who? The same people who have been saying that the offense is no worse so far than it was last year?

The offense was primed to be better this year than last before we lost our leading scorer and leading distributor.
I think the mods may have been fooled by watching JWill play with the team in practice.

UCLA went to final four a few years ago and they stink this year. USC has been good and .500 this year. Need to get some shooters.
We thought we did get at least one with Gavin…….jury is out on that one as to whether we got at least one shooter. Need more for next year as Simpson and JMike can’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Reactions: darkcheck
Defense is actually starting to play pretty well...Don't be surprised if we win a ton of games at Rac this year...ugly games of course lol

You are never allowed to have an opinion on a RU coach for perpetuity. You were the captain of the Kyle Flood ship and literally went down with him the very last day he was fired.

What I really enjoy is you getting crapped on in your multiple threads.
Tells me your life is below mid if that’s what you get excited for. Hahahaha. Sap. Sadly yes, about half this board likes the way the team is and doesn’t want to hear truth.

This is certainly shaping up to be a down year but I wouldn't exactly call last year good. It was OK but should've been so much better. We don't need to re litigate it but this is 2 less than satisfying seasons in a row.
If mag (and I know shit happens) didn’t get hurt I think last year was likely a very good year.

agree but part of the issue was our team had zero depth..thats on Pikes recruiting..thats why I am not about just bad luck with Cam/Paul...this was two years of shaky recruiting
Agreed. I think (and it’s just my opinion) but I give a little bit of a pass because it’s hard to recruit to a perennially terrible program if you can’t offer playing time. That was not in the cards for a while and pike kind of got squeezed by cam and Paul. Hopefully we can move past being that type of program.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT