ADVERTISEMENT

Really tired

I think being used to playing in big games where it’s back and forth against really good
Players has to help. I get greens comment and I agree with his thoughts on defensive intensity. I think both can be true.
You can't replicate B1G level intensity in HS. That's just silly

Reactions: bethlehemfan
What was his big East record ? What was his big East road record ! What was his big East tournament record ?
How many tournaments did we make with him?

Answer those questions please and then get back to me.
Stop, stop, stop. Waters might even end up a hall of fame coach with 365 wins. I gave you his three out of five very good seasons at RU. He got us to the NIT three out of five years and even to the NIT final once. I like Pike, but he has one post season win in eight years, and probably won't make the post season in his ninth year. The Big East was also probably better back then than the B1G is now. I like Pike, but at this point in his career there is no comparison between the two. Anyway, the answer to your question as to how many tournaments we made under Waters was three in five years.

Reactions: Rutgers36
Stop, stop, stop. Waters might even end up a hall of fame coach with 365 wins. I gave you his three out of five very good seasons at RU. He got us to the NIT three out of five years and even to the NIT final once. I like Pike, but he has one post season win in eight years, and probably won't make the post season in his ninth year. The Big East was also probably better back then than the B1G is now. I like Pike, but at this point in his career there is no comparison between the two. Anyway, the answer to your question as to how many tournaments we made was three in five years.
You didn’t answer any of my questions

Stop, stop, stop. Waters might even end up a hall of fame coach with 365 wins. I gave you his three out of five very good seasons at RU. He got us to the NIT three out of five years and even to the NIT final once. I like Pike, but he has one post season win in eight years, and probably won't make the post season in his ninth year. The Big East was also probably better back then than the B1G is now. I like Pike, but at this point in his career there is no comparison between the two. Anyway, the answer to your question as to how many tournaments we made was three in five years.
So three years where we didn’t make the NCAA tournament, two of which where we finished below .500 in conference, are “very good seasons” now?

Stop, stop, stop. Waters might even end up a hall of fame coach with 365 wins. I gave you his three out of five very good seasons at RU. He got us to the NIT three out of five years and even to the NIT final once. I like Pike, but he has one post season win in eight years, and probably won't make the post season in his ninth year. The Big East was also probably better back then than the B1G is now. I like Pike, but at this point in his career there is no comparison between the two. Anyway, the answer to your question as to how many tournaments we made under Waters was three in five years.
**** off. Seriously you are either a complete idiot or this is completely disingenuous:

"He got us to the NIT three out of five years and even to the NIT final once. I like Pike, but he has one post season win in eight years"

These things are not comparable.

But that's the least of the problems with this incredibly stupid post.

(1) You cannot count the 2019-20 season as one of Pike's years unless you want to give him credit for an NCAA berth that year which we were definitely getting. So at best, you have to reduce the number of Pike's years to seven. At worst, Pike has made the NCAAs (or done what needed to be done, COVID aside) as many times as Waters made the NIT.

(2) "Postseason wins" are not a meaningful category. The NIT is the losers' tournament. Winning the NIT is still a worse season than exiting the first round of the NCAAs.

(3) You're wrong about the conference quality

(4) Steve Pikiell has 323 wins.. it's a virtual certainty he finishes his career with more than 365

This might honestly be the dumbest ****ing thing anyone has posted on this website.
So it's the dumbest thing anyone has ever posted on this website to answer a question asked of me with an accurate answer - three tournaments in five years. Is your IQ three digits?

Last edited:
So it's the dumbest thing anyone has ever posted on this website to answer a question asked of me with an accurate answer. Is your IQ three digits?
Well either

(1) you were playing some sort of semantic gotcha game with the word tournament there and don’t actually think NITs are relevant to what we’re discussing
Or
(2) you think “making the tournament” refers to / includes the NIT

If (1), congrats, it is not the dumbest thing of all time. That honor now goes to the rest of your post

If (2), yes, dumbest thing of all time

Well either

(1) you were playing some sort of semantic gotcha game with the word tournament there and don’t actually think NITs are relevant to what we’re discussing
Or
(2) you think “making the tournament” refers to / includes the NIT

If (1), congrats, it is not the dumbest thing of all time. That honor now goes to the rest of your post

If (2), yes, dumbest thing of all time
You asked how many tournaments he made with a lower case t. That includes the NIT for those who understand the English language. You also gave Pike credit for having a 100% success rate making the B1G tournament, when everyone makes the Tournament. That in itself should disqualify you from ever giving a B1G basketball opinion. Now, enough of you for me for good.

You asked how many tournaments he made with a lower case t. That includes the NIT for those who understand the English language. You also gave Pike credit for having a 100% success rate making the B1G tournament, when everyone makes the Tournament. That in itself should disqualify you from ever giving a B1G basketball opinion. Now, enough of you for me for good.
Well, I did not actually ask the question but given the rest of your performance in here I am not surprised the thread is too complicated for you to follow.

Reactions: Plum Street
Well, I did not actually ask the question but given the rest of your performance in here I am not surprised the thread is too complicated for you to follow.
I said for good, but I can't resist. You're calling the thread too complicated for me, yet you can't comprehend. and you can barely write. You're fifth grade teacher just called asking if you did your homework. Done.

Waters wasn't terrible - but he never really had much success here. The NIT final was supposed to be the start of something... but it was followed with a 10-19 season, and then a depth-less team that was carried to the NIT by Douby.

Pike's been the best RU coach since Tom Young, and it's not really a close race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT