ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting for 21-22

He doesn’t like the ncaa and also had disdain for the “amateur” tag . Look up his tweets before you get on me. .
Obviously , he doesn’t feel so strongly about being an ncaa amateur athlete . Don’t see why he would opt to continue it.

As a disclaimer, I haven't read his tweets. That said, there have been all kinds of things I've participated in throughout life where I thought the rules were stupid or unfair in some way but it didn't stop me from enjoying the thing overall. If he really hated it, why even play this year?

As a disclaimer, I haven't read his tweets. That said, there have been all kinds of things I've participated in throughout life where I thought the rules were stupid or unfair in some way but it didn't stop me from enjoying the thing overall. If he really hated it, why even play this year?

Plus by next season he might be able to profit from his name image and likeness while still playing. The NCAA moves slowly but they're going to start running into state laws pretty soon.

I don’t know , you would have to ask him.

Pike probably pushes Duke to the portal, IMO. He's D1 but not P5 and definitely not B1G quality. We need a stretch 4 that can score like Yeboah.
agreed......biggest need is for a tough rebounder who can score

For all of you saying geo is on the fence, cmon. He compared it to slavery. No one is going to opt to come back to slavery.
If I were given a free year next year and get a chance to play my sport next year, you have to be insane not to take it if it is fully paid. Pro dollars will always be there if you are good enough. Having a Covid free year starting in September and enjoying college life is like a dream from heaven

not necessarily. These players only have limited years to make money playing ball. If they have already graduated, and they are not going to get closer to playing in the NBA or get a lot better by staying, it makes sense not to stay.

To me, this team is not looking like they enjoy playing like they did last year. I’m sure Covid has a lot to do with that, but who knows how much?

Our fan base like a lot of fan bases is highly irrational. Ecstatic with a win and jumping off the cliff after they first throw specific players off the cliff before them. Most of them never played or have written about college sports. These young adults have two full time jobs. The first job is being a student while the second is being a P5 athlete. They learn to manage their time better than the average student because of necessity. Win or lose I applaud them for what they do and bring to the table.

I think that they would be enjoying things better if they were playing in front of a packed RAC. Geo can pick up a grad degree or make progress toward one. That has significant value in the future.
Play basketball and get a grad degree . It’s like they hand out those degrees like candy.

• Wow
Reactions: thegock
I think that they would be enjoying things better if they were playing in front of a packed RAC. Geo can pick up a grad degree or make progress toward one. That has significant value in the future.
gotta think there's a much better chance Myles returns if Geo does
giphy.gif

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Our fan base like a lot of fan bases is highly irrational. Ecstatic with a win and jumping off the cliff after they first throw specific players off the cliff before them. Most of them never played or have written about college sports. These young adults have two full time jobs. The first job is being a student while the second is being a P5 athlete. They learn to manage their time better than the average student because of necessity. Win or lose I applaud them for what they do and bring to the table.
You are right . It is like having jobs . But when you play big time sports , the first and only job is athlete . So much time is spent on the sport . You make the school fit into it. Heck , right now there is school sports without school ! It’s crazy and shows the priorities .

Obviously, there are exceptions . Myles Johnson is a hell of a student.

Just like a zillion other American college students ,our guys are taking classes in school, but not physically in a classroom.

Mathis, Johnson , Baker and even Harper - I don't think any of these kids have made up their minds yet so not sure how anyone on here can speculate one way or another. Any body saying they likely will or won't come back are purely guessing. I'm guessing they will all evaluate there situations after the season and into the spring and decide from there.

as for young and Duke - think it'smore clear with them.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RUJMM78
Jacob - Gone, can’t spend 7 years in college and he’ll make good money overseas
Geo - unsure
Myles - I think stays and goes to grad school unless he gets into a dream school.
mathis - not going anywhere. He’ll have way more minutes next year which would be appealing.
duke - graduates and moves on with life or drops a level.

Reactions: Plum Street
Geo - unsure
Myles - I think stays and goes to grad school unless he gets into a dream school.
mathis - not going anywhere. He’ll have way more minutes next year which would be appealing.
You can’t spend 7 years in college ??

Reactions: MV9000
Geo - unsure
Without even looking at rosters I would expect Cal Tech and Stanford to find a way to admit him if he wants to go there, so I am concerned. If he leaves we need a grad transfer big desperately.

Without even looking at rosters I would expect Cal Tech and Stanford to find a way to admit him if he wants to go there, so I am concerned. If he leaves we need a grad transfer big desperately.
I agree for Stanford. I think you have Cal Tech confused with somebody else.

Reactions: Local Shill
PREACH

He’s getting into Stanford without a doubt. Look at his qualifications. Even if he didn’t quite qualify (and honestly, I’m not sure what else he could do), basketball would get him in without question. It’s just a matter of whether he wants to stay here or not.

The threat of COVID will be over by September unless Dems want to keep us locked up forever. Everyone get the vaccine when eligible. Packed RAC next winter .
LOL. Regardless how many people get vaccinated, the stupidity will continue. How long are you protected after getting your shots? A few months like most flu vaccines? “New strains”. Triple masking. Even if everyone gets shots (which isn’t happening), there’ll never be 100% protection and as long as people continue not speak up about stopping with the masks and lockdowns the madness will continue. I’m in South Carolina this week on vacation, people are living down here.

• Wow
This is Jacob's 5th year of college and he is already taking grad classes. If he returned next year it would be his sixth year and maybe he could complete his masters degree. Where did seven years come from?

Reactions: TRU2RU
This is Jacob's 5th year of college and he is already taking grad classes. If he returned next year it would be his sixth year and maybe he could complete his masters degree. Where did seven years come from?

They might be confusing Jacob with the captain of the RU mens Lacrosse team, who is playing in his seventh year at RU.

LOL. Regardless how many people get vaccinated, the stupidity will continue. How long are you protected after getting your shots? A few months like most flu vaccines? “New strains”. Triple masking. Even if everyone gets shots (which isn’t happening), there’ll never be 100% protection and as long as people continue not speak up about stopping with the masks and lockdowns the madness will continue. I’m in South Carolina this week on vacation, people are living down here.
I can't figure why me and so many others are bothering to listen to epidemiologists and other experts in the field when we could instead be taking your sage advise ?

Last edited:
He doesn’t like the ncaa and also had disdain for the “amateur” tag . Look up his tweets before you get on me. .
Obviously , he doesn’t feel so strongly about being an ncaa amateur athlete . Don’t see why he would opt to continue it.

The Iowa guard Jordan Bohannon is as adamant about players rights and likeness and agrees with everything Geo says, each player has a right to say what they want, without it being something against playing college sports. If the likeness is passed as expected, I would expect more 4th year players to stay, especially if they have a good B1G and NCAA tournament games this March.

Reactions: gregkoko
what happened on wed .....
If all 4 leave, playing "Classes" would leave Montez Mathis and RHJ as seniors, Mulcahy and McConnell(he was going to redshirt) as Juniors, Palmquist, Reiber, Mag, and Cliff as Sophomores, Jaden Jones and Jalen Miller as Freshman. That's 10 scholarships, I guess prefect scenario would be a Grad Transfer, Junior and another Freshman(3-3-4-3), if not leave one open.

Spitballing the lineup with starters would probably be Mulcahy, Mathis, McConnell, RHJ and Cliff, backup by position Jalen 1, Jaden 2, Palmquist 3, Mag 4, and Reiber 5 with what is staying.

Wouldn't shock me Doucoure to Fairfield.
Myles and Geo will all depend on what they do in March Madness. If they make a legit run S16,E8, they are probably gone. If Geo stays, you might lose Mathis if what happened on Wed meant anything. I think JY is gone either way, his stock is never better right now and I bet he will impress in a NBA pre-draft combine.
what happened on wed

If all 4 leave, playing "Classes" would leave Montez Mathis and RHJ as seniors, Mulcahy and McConnell(he was going to redshirt) as Juniors, Palmquist, Reiber, Mag, and Cliff as Sophomores, Jaden Jones and Jalen Miller as Freshman. That's 10 scholarships, I guess prefect scenario would be a Grad Transfer, Junior and another Freshman(3-3-4-3), if not leave one open.

Spitballing the lineup with starters would probably be Mulcahy, Mathis, McConnell, RHJ and Cliff, backup by position Jalen 1, Jaden 2, Palmquist 3, Mag 4, and Reiber 5 with what is staying.

Myles and Geo will all depend on what they do in March Madness. If they make a legit run S16,E8, they are probably gone. If Geo stays, you might lose Mathis if what happened on Wed meant anything. I think JY is gone either way, his stock is never better right now and I bet he will impress in a NBA pre-draft combine.
what happened on wed.......mathis part of someones made up story about ron n tez not getting along

what happened on wed.......mathis part of someones made up story about ron n tez not getting along
Something like that, I didn't really catch it when I was watching the game, Wednesday. I think it is a non story.

Could someone explain "what happened on Wed"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT