ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is a problem

Thank god we didn’t upset any of the guys part of this train wreck. I’d hate to do that. It’s pretty evident now why JY and Tez left
Tez is a 6'4 TWO GUARD that Pike kept forcing out to the wing last year. There is a reason why he had his best year in 2019-20 because he played and started at TWO GUARD the whole year.

JY vs Geo, who runs the team, was never going to work and Pike made his choice in the Houston game and JY read the tea leaves, writing on the wall and the rest of the cliches, which is a shame, because JY/Miller at PG, Geo/Tez at 2 sounds really good right about now, considering the situation.

I would trade any 2 of our 99 forwards on the team for guard play

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
Tez is a 6'4 TWO GUARD that Pike kept forcing out to the wing last year. There is a reason why he had his best year in 2019-20 because he played and started at TWO GUARD the whole year.

JY vs Geo, who runs the team, was never going to work and Pike made his choice in the Houston game and JY read the tea leaves, writing on the wall and the rest of the cliches, which is a shame, because JY/Miller at PG, Geo/Tez at 2 sounds really good right about now, considering the situation.

I would trade any 2 of our 99 forwards on the team for guard play
it’s truly amazing how stubborn he’s been about playing favorites with certain guys. I was banking on losing JY. I figured he would leave college and play overseas. It was so disappointing how we lost him. You’re so spot on

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Pikiell has to change his transfer portal approach if recruiting is going to continue like this. I don't want to hear that everyone only talks about how many points they're gonna score. We need guys who can score and managing egos is in the job description.
I always thought, and still do, that this was just more PR talk from Pike. I read it to mean that he couldn't/didn't get the guys he wanted. That's certainly the case with HS recruits. He tries for the guys with more offers, better scorers. He just too often doesn't win the recruiting battle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT