ADVERTISEMENT

Unprecedented pressure next year? What are the expectations?

Winning the Big Ten. Making the final four (or even sweet sixteen really.. if we are the #20 best team is that really a failure?)
I agree with you. I think realistic expectations is to make the tournament and enjoy some amazing moments from Harper and Bailey throughout the season.

It's also early to make these predictions without knowing what the roster will look like next season as some people have mentioned on the board.

These 2 guys will be playing against quite a few experienced players each and every game. Also, the players from our opponents will be more that focused on these super starts and trying to show them how good they are.
Pike needs to find some really experienced transfers that are willing to play one year with our guys.
Most of the players currently on this team may well be looking for some place else to play with the way things look.
I am hoping we make the tournament.

Win at least 21 games (with a strong OOC schedule)…then enter the tournament and then survive and advance. After the upsets start to happen who knows who will be left in the field of 32, 16 and beyond. Need a veteran big sharpshooting combo/shooting guard from the portal first though.

Reactions: cshelley
If just these 2 things happen it’s going to be a very entertaining year!!
- Our 2 big guys stay healthy and play in almost every game next year
- We make the ncaa tourney

What I’m hoping for:
- We make the sweet 16!!!!

Anything else is over the top amazing!

I’d be much more confident if Gavin was meeting my expectations of sharp shooter score 10-12 pts / game on a decent percentage and provided some intangibles. As everybody else has noted, we absolutely need a solid lunch pale center + Mag stays. If Gavin turns it around and the other 2 things happen, my expectation is Sweet 16. If they don’t happen then it can be as bad as NIT, which would be so disappointing

I’d be much more confident if Gavin was meeting my expectations of sharp shooter score 10-12 pts / game on a decent percentage and provided some intangibles. As everybody else has noted, we absolutely need a solid lunch pale center + Mag stays. If Gavin turns it around and the other 2 things happen, my expectation is Sweet 16. If they don’t happen then it can be as bad as NIT, which would be so disappointing
I am going to give you as close to a guarantee as possible that Gavin will figure it out offensively next year. The question will be whether his defense will improve enough AND will the players around him be good enough defensively to have allow him to be on the floor.

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT