ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Is he #1 p4p in his graduating class? That’s an absurd accomplishment
Def unless he took a loss somewhere recently…think he was #1 p4p for all classes, which is unheard of for a fresh.. kids are just getting better and younger each passing day.. long gone are the days of wait for ur turn to be a sr to shine..

To put things in comparison to what we are dealing with in the B1G... Jax Forrest who is a FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL, just won the Edinboro Open at 125. He won by TF, MD, TF, and by Fall in the tournament against college wrestlers from MSU, Ohio State, etc.. Now they obviously aren't the best of the best in college but it’s still insanely impressive nonetheless. With all that being said, I'm sure he is going to be a lock to PSU once he is eligible. Now you see why recruiting at a high level is a must if we even want to really compete.

His HS is banned from the PIAA post season this year so he won’t be a 4xer and is seeking out competition wherever possible
Steen is a 2x pa state champ and is clearly struggling.. even wit the “best” practice partners and coaches.. that’s the b10..

Obvious we don’t have as much resources as PSU but been saying for years we should follow their template of success of recruiting the highest level/ room guys(potential diamonds)..

Reactions: njsportsphan
I don’t know. I believe what we are doing is not meeting expectations.

You have said the program needs an entire assessment. Could you suggest how to go about such an assessment? How can we better understand if the current staff can change our trajectory?
blue: I will respond to your question after moving it to the Program thread. As you have seen, it isn't easy to have a discussion without push-back from those emotionally attached to the program and staff. Your message already received the giggle emoticon from Messner but somehow escaped the other gigglers. Messner hasn't been entirely in that club and has provided us with good information from time to time, but it would be helpful if those that disagree would have something to say rather than just a giggle or post a gif they think is clever. I'll respond a little later with some thoughts. Thanks for asking.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
“it’s impossible to have a civil discussion”

Proceeds to badmouth everyone else and not partake in a civil discussion

"Everyone else"? Really? You and Leonard are everyone else?
Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Shore is loaded, but think you have "Shore colored glasses" lol. I think 4-5 champs is the max not the minimum. I hope RU gets Ludington, but he is not beating Simon Ruiz of Delbarton. Knox and Santaniello are as close to locks as possible. Delbarton could/will have 4-5 champs.
Revisiting this

Delbarton has 5 guys in the finals

The Shore has both finalists at 215, and 6 others at other weight classes. Favored in 3 of those 6.

Shore is loaded, but think you have "Shore colored glasses" lol. I think 4-5 champs is the max not the minimum. I hope RU gets Ludington, but he is not beating Simon Ruiz of Delbarton. Knox and Santaniello are as close to locks as possible. Delbarton could/will have 4-5 champs.
Ok, will revisit this...lol. Not bad, Delbarton had 4 champs and the Shore Conference had 4 champs. Pretty close!! Hopefully RU can recruit some of these underclassman!!

After this weekend I’m convinced Rutgers boosters should be buying the Knox family a new house and boat right now and promise him a statue if he wins national title because that kid is the real deal , dominated two state champs with ease , exactly the kind of recruit to anchor a program for 4 years

After this weekend I’m convinced Rutgers boosters should be buying the Knox family a new house and boat right now and promise him a statue if he wins national title because that kid is the real deal , dominated two state champs with ease , exactly the kind of recruit to anchor a program for 4 years
His he really coming to Rutgers?

His he really coming to Rutgers?
I wouldn’t say Rutgers is the favorite to land him as every school in the country will be trying for him, but supposedly his grades aren’t going to hold up to Ivy standards and we have a punchers chance.

He’s a game changing recruit. He is going to be a 4x state champ if he stays healthy. If we could somehow land both him and Ludington, it would do wonder. The current sophomore class in NJ is absolutely loaded.

Why not if he wants to stay close to home and help build a legacy here? Ash and Suriano did fine here so no excuse elite recruits can’t get it done here.
You’ll hear a lot of Suriano comparisons as the Knox recruiting starts following his sophomore year. Uber talented, head and shoulders above his competition, total work horse, and also has a father who is overly involved and is going to be a problem to deal with.

You’ll hear a lot of Suriano comparisons as the Knox recruiting starts following his sophomore year. Uber talented, head and shoulders above his competition, total work horse, and also has a father who is overly involved and is going to be a problem to deal with.
Lol overly involved father.. and going to b a problem to deal with 😂🤣

• Haha
Knox will likely be a 4X but I don’t think he is at Suriano level (yet). Knox does have lapses at times and will give up points. Regardless, Rutgers needs to go all in on the current sophomore class.

From what I hear his father is basically the boss in the Vianney wrestling room and more or less tells the coach what to do.
If that is indeed the case with the father, the kid will likely be a nomad moving among multiple college programs.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Harer is top seed and in Semis. Would really like to see him come here. Also with states over hope we hear about Cerchio soon. I know we were legitimately in running on him but still assume it’s unlikely. I did hear he’s going to Cornell but I’m can’t tell if that’s reliable.

Ivy’s have a stranglehold on the perochials which I’ll always find pretty amusing because Rutgers can beat just about all of them except Cornell any given year

Harer is top seed and in Semis. Would really like to see him come here. Also with states over hope we hear about Cerchio soon. I know we were legitimately in running on him but still assume it’s unlikely. I did hear he’s going to Cornell but I’m can’t tell if that’s reliable.
I didn't hear that. We are still in the running.

Richie dropped a hint a potential HS commit to the wrestling program that will make us all happy. Does anyone here have info as to who it might be?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That doesn't sound promising!
Thinking (hoping!!) maybe Richie's dropping a hint of a new potential HS recruit might have affected/pushed Henrich's de-commitment? Between Henrich and Boone news this morning, this seems to be a not-so-good day for RU Wrestling....or is it maybe starting of the establishment of a new order? Hoping for some positive news soon. Love the team, but...seems like help is needed somewhere in the program, no? Henrich is someone right from Coach's old stomping grounds, so that one seems to sting. GO RU!

Thinking (hoping!!) maybe Richie's dropping a hint of a new potential HS recruit might have affected/pushed Henrich's de-commitment? Between Henrich and Boone news this morning, this seems to be a not-so-good day for RU Wrestling....or is it maybe starting of the establishment of a new order? Hoping for some positive news soon. Love the team, but...seems like help is needed somewhere in the program, no? Henrich is someone right from Coach's old stomping grounds, so that one seems to sting. GO RU!
I wouldn’t call Southern Goodales old stomping grounds. They’re both Shore teams but Southern beats to their own drum and I don’t know how them or Pinelands is even considered part of the Shore.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Yea want to remain positive. And the way that post form the Uncle is written. It sounds like someone has been offered in the same weight class (recruited over)? Henrich is a junior, NJ state champion so the person RU is in contact with better be all locked up and a stud!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT